I've had a change of heart: GSP, not Anderson, is the GOAT

He didn't test himself against someone else's strengths. Although it's good, he can say "hey, I won at least" it makes the idea of GOAT (think what that means) somewhat awkward.

There will be many people over the years who can win consistently against someone else's weaknesses.

There will be few who will consistently win against someone else's strengths.

Of course it does! How do you think they got big names? By signing in a reality contest? They got famous by fighting restlessly and winning big fights! And don't bring Sherdog polls into this. I said it in an earlier post: using a Sherdog poll to "confirm" a fighter's greatness is like using a Belieber forum poll to confirm Bieber's greatness. Go take a look, The Biebs is GOAT musician over there and nobody has ever sang as good as him.

Seriously now: Edgar is a good win, nobody argues. But Mendes has never been champion and has not many big names on his record himself. His biggest "name win" is Clay Guida. He lost to every other big name on his resume. Just to compare, Hughes won the WW belt and defended it multiple times. He has many legends on the win coumn of his resume. He avenged his loss to BJ Penn and has a submission win over GSP. No other fighter has ever beaten BJ and GSP. No one!

Matt Hughes is a legend and an instant HOF fighter. When he retired, he got automatically inducted and given a lifetime UFC job. Do you think it's all a coincidence? He's friend with Dana so he gets preferential treatment? He'd be the undisputed WW King if GSP had never entered his life. Matt Hughes got me back into MMA when I lost interest. When I saw him fireman carry guys across the ring, I was sold.
You discredit sherdog polls but then brag that Hughes "got automatically inducted into the UFC hall of fame" the same ufc hall of fame that Dana and Lorenzo decide who go in? The same HOF that Frank Shamrock was never a part of because the UFC didn't like him?

P4P, Edgar and Mendes are better fighters than Hughes ever was. Hughes had so many defenses cuz he was fighting competition that is nowhere near the caliber of competition that we have today. I have a hard time seeing Prime Hughes being top 5 in WW today with such a glaring hole in his game (striking). Edgar and Mendes, on the other hand, have been champ or perennial contenders in today's well rounded modern MMA.

If Edgar and Mendes were the same size as Hughes, I have no doubt that they would both beat him. Hughes is and has always been very one dimensional with poor striking.

Nobody, whether pro or anti-GSP, can say with 100% certainty that he was always clean.

But consider this.

Can you imagine a 2010 Chael Sonnen asking for WADA testing? What about Josh Barnett? What about Vitor? Hendo?

Who would do such a thing if they weren't clean? Why would GSP assume such a risk if he was juicing?

Anderson Silva. Reigned at 185, finished guys who were threats, and fought two LHW champs at LHW.

Fedor never fought in the UFC and Gsp leaving tainted his legacy.

The fact is GSP changed MMA.

He was so dynamically well rounded for the period of time he was at his peak, that it changed how everyone approached MMA. Everyone was forced to evolve at a rate faster than expected, and it pushed the level of talent to new heights.

He made really, really fucking good fighters look bad.

He and Fedor have been 1a and 1b for a long time now imo.

IMO, Jose Aldo is on the cusp of joining this party, and he would already be there if it wasn't for that 1 unfortunate night.

GSP is not even a top 5 ATG, his hype was always so ridiculous. He was finished by Matt Serra in his prime FFS.

1. Fedor
2. Cruz
3. Aldo
4. Mighty Mouse
5. Anderson Silva

1. Fedor
2. GSP
3. Silva

That's just my opinion

I don't think he would've beat Fedor, Cain, Werdum, or Stipe.

He would be greatest if he was a HW and dominated like he did, for sure.

Fascinating. Please let us know about your next change of heart.

No, to be precise, Hendricks admitted GSP was pushing him to do WADA and he did not want to. Although GSP did also push him to do VADA

As you can see from these quotes, GSP was pushing Hendricks to do testing and Hendricks was not going to do it .. and Hendricks specifies WADA..

GSP had been pushing for VADA and Hendricks demanded WADA instead. Doesn't change even if he said he declined WADA in the end because WADA don't do tests themselves anyway.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/25/4765882/fired-up-georges-st-pierre-clarifies-wada-vada

"No, that’s not true," he told host Ariel Helwani. "This is ridiculous. I heard what Johny Hendricks said, and he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He was talking about WADA, he said he wanted to do WADA."

Here St-Pierre spelled out the letters of the acronym W-A-D-A, which stands for World Anti-Doping Agency.

"First, let me educate you on the subject. WADA, it’s an organization that makes the guidelines. They make the guidelines for the testing association. VADA follows the guidelines of WADA. So when he said he wanted to be tested by WADA, there is no such thing. It’s an organization that makes the guidelines."

VADA is of course the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, which has been used by St-Pierre’s training partner
Rory MacDonald in his fight with BJ Penn and numerous boxers in the past. The reason St-Pierre says he was adamant about the testing had less to do with accusing anybody of anything as it did helping the sport’s image.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/...off-about-wada-vada-testing-georges-st-pierre

"I'm not going to lay my life into [St-Pierre's] hands," Hendricks said. "I said WADA. WADA is so much tougher than VADA. They don't do drug tests where he just ‘randomly' gets tested the first time a camera is around. WADA, you're scheduled for 3-4 months, and they have to know exactly where you're at. And if you don't show up within an hour of when they call you, you fail."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/9...-threw-me-under-the-bus-on-shady-vada-testing

The problem, as Hendricks sees it, is that St-Pierre's camp has insisted the testing be conducted through the Las Vegas-based Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, a company which prominently features St-Pierre on the front page of its website.

To Hendricks, that's cause to question VADA's impartiality.

"I don't know GSP and for him to say ‘yeah, let's go take the test over here and nowhere else that I suggested or that even the UFC suggested,' that's a little suspect to me," Hendricks said. "My career is held in his hands and here he has a foot in the door with the VADA group."

"Once we found out it was a little suspect, we said, let's still do the drug testing, but let's take it a step further," he said. "Let's go to WADA, the world Olympic testing. The Nevada commission, they picked WADA, they had nothing but good things to say. ... We wanted to do WADA. When the UFC said let's do WADA, I was 100 percent ready for that."

It started to get a little personal for Hendricks when St-Pierre decided to proceed with VADA testing without Hendricks' involvement.

"Then all of a sudden a week later after the conference call, I didn't know GSP was going to be doing a drug test, then it comes out that ‘Johny denied it,'" he said. "I said hey, you didn't even tell me you were going to do VADA. The last I heard from my management and the UFC was WADA. Then GSP just went and did VADA on his own and threw me under the bus to clear his name."

his reign was pre-usada and he looked like this

Picture_11_display_image.png

mark coleman was never caught either

GSP had been pushing for VADA and Hendricks demanded WADA instead. Doesn't change even if he said he declined WADA in the end because WADA don't do tests themselves anyway.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/25/4765882/fired-up-georges-st-pierre-clarifies-wada-vada

"No, that’s not true," he told host Ariel Helwani. "This is ridiculous. I heard what Johny Hendricks said, and he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He was talking about WADA, he said he wanted to do WADA."

Here St-Pierre spelled out the letters of the acronym W-A-D-A, which stands for World Anti-Doping Agency.

"First, let me educate you on the subject. WADA, it’s an organization that makes the guidelines. They make the guidelines for the testing association. VADA follows the guidelines of WADA. So when he said he wanted to be tested by WADA, there is no such thing. It’s an organization that makes the guidelines."

VADA is of course the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, which has been used by St-Pierre’s training partner
Rory MacDonald in his fight with BJ Penn and numerous boxers in the past. The reason St-Pierre says he was adamant about the testing had less to do with accusing anybody of anything as it did helping the sport’s image.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/...off-about-wada-vada-testing-georges-st-pierre

"I'm not going to lay my life into [St-Pierre's] hands," Hendricks said. "I said WADA. WADA is so much tougher than VADA. They don't do drug tests where he just ‘randomly' gets tested the first time a camera is around. WADA, you're scheduled for 3-4 months, and they have to know exactly where you're at. And if you don't show up within an hour of when they call you, you fail."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/9...-threw-me-under-the-bus-on-shady-vada-testing

The problem, as Hendricks sees it, is that St-Pierre's camp has insisted the testing be conducted through the Las Vegas-based Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, a company which prominently features St-Pierre on the front page of its website.

To Hendricks, that's cause to question VADA's impartiality.

"I don't know GSP and for him to say ‘yeah, let's go take the test over here and nowhere else that I suggested or that even the UFC suggested,' that's a little suspect to me," Hendricks said. "My career is held in his hands and here he has a foot in the door with the VADA group."

"Once we found out it was a little suspect, we said, let's still do the drug testing, but let's take it a step further," he said. "Let's go to WADA, the world Olympic testing. The Nevada commission, they picked WADA, they had nothing but good things to say. ... We wanted to do WADA. When the UFC said let's do WADA, I was 100 percent ready for that."

It started to get a little personal for Hendricks when St-Pierre decided to proceed with VADA testing without Hendricks' involvement.

"Then all of a sudden a week later after the conference call, I didn't know GSP was going to be doing a drug test, then it comes out that ‘Johny denied it,'" he said. "I said hey, you didn't even tell me you were going to do VADA. The last I heard from my management and the UFC was WADA. Then GSP just went and did VADA on his own and threw me under the bus to clear his name."

Fucking lol. This says it all IMO.
Guarantee you GSP was loaded up on PEDs too. That's why he's nowhere to be seen now that USADA stepped in, that litle coward.

You had a nice thread until you threw Fedor under the bus.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

To be fair, Khabib is undefeated as well. CM Punk is a welterweight though, so he gets props for going undefeated in a heavier weight class.
Also, CM is not afraid to go openweight and fight Brock Lesnar in a ring, something no other UFC welterweight has ever done...

He is indeed the goat and the only fighter to look like he's on steroids but NOT be. His diet is impeccable and everyone knows how hard he works. A true anomaly.

And what do you mearn Fedor crap? You do know he beat Maldonado before the corrupt Russian commission stole his win. How does that not make you goat material?

The only one that may not used PED is Mighty Mouse and thats a big "may".

All the fighters mentioned above are PED users and the best of them is Bones or Fedor, Anderson is very close.

lol I like how MM is excused from PEDs while the other 2 are not. I can tell you the percentage chance MM is on PEDs compared to GSP and Aldo.

That percentage is the same.

lol I like how MM is excused from PEDs while the other 2 are not. I can tell you the percentage chance MM is on PEDs compared to GSP and Aldo.

That percentage is the same.
The more i think about it... the more i agree with you.

The true question is, how are the best fighter that clearly dont use PEDs?

I would say: Sakuraba (yeah i think he doesn´t used), maybe Bisping??

his reign was pre-usada and he looked like this

Picture_11_display_image.png

mark coleman was never caught either

Man, he looks muscly just like MM but 170 instead of 125. I guess it is safe to assume on MM as well. Why not post his last fight since that was "pre-USADA" GSP as well? lol

I am guessing he isn't as muscly there so it doesn't help your agenda?

Back