I've had a change of heart: GSP, not Anderson, is the GOAT

GSP? Lol

Dude couldn't even finish his career
Anderson sure as hell "finished" his career.

As the Silva nuthugger you are, are you suggesting it would be a positive for GSP to also follow in Anderson' footsteps and "finish" his career before truly retiring? Is it possible that Anderson nuthuggers have convinced themselves that truly "finishing" their careers is a good thing that others also need to do to stay in the GOAT discussions?

GSP was tested like this, and had been trying to get his opponents to join him doing it for years.

I know he was asking for it but when it happened he wasn't there. What fight did he test like this? Was it Hendricks and Johnny refused but gsp did it anyways?

I won't just say gsp juiced but when all the big stars are getting caught and you were all for more testing, imo, you have to see that through.

In real sports, players who use PEDs are no longer taken seriously as great players. Barry Bonds will never go into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Lance Armstrong was stripped of his Tour de France titles. Only in the MMA world, is PED use minimized and justified. In other words, Anderson is a shoo-in for the laughable UFC Hall of Fame.

Regardless, he should be disqualified from any GOAT discussion. Same thing with Jon Jones. So who do we have left if not GSP?
PEDs does not teach one how to punch people in the face masterfully.

Differently from Armstrong, who had a lot of improvement on cardio issues and explosiveness while using PEDs, Anderson clowned his opponents his entire career, and 1 failed test does not make him any less incredible with his performances. Armstrong abused PED for years, allegedly and proven guilty.

With Bones is a little different. He probably abused PEDs for years, but he's an incredible fighter regardless, but I can see him being out of the GOAT discussion, but not Andy.

There's no fighter like Andy, with or without PEDs.

Tyson is a legend, regardless of his cocaine problems, and noone dismisses his career cause of it.

I know he was asking for it but when it happened he wasn't there. What fight did he test like this? Was it Hendricks and Johnny refused but gsp did it anyways?

I won't just say gsp juiced but when all the big stars are getting caught and you were all for more testing, imo, you have to see that through.
He quit after years of asking for it and Dana making fun of him. He quit years before USADA started.

He did it against Hendricks, and had been asking opponents before to do it too, at least starting in 2011. Hendricks refused, GSP did it, Hendricks kept bashing GSP saying he was the reason it was not happening .. then admitted in an interview GSP pushed him hard to do WADA and he (hendricks) never had any intention of doing it.

there is a difference to paying lip service to more testing .. and championing it to the point you are willing to pay for it out of your own pocket, and eventually after all your opponents say no you simply do it anyways.

There's no fighter like Andy, with or without PEDs.

Tyson is a legend, regardless of his cocaine problems, and noone dismisses his career cause of it.

What is the connection between cocaine (not fighting) and steroids (fighting). None. Try harder.

What is the connection between cocaine (not fighting) and steroids (fighting). None. Try harder.
He fought while on cocaine.

Agressiveness, concentration, and other things that increase your performance.

He quit after years of asking for it and Dana making fun of him. He quit years before USADA started.

He did it against Hendricks, and had been asking opponents before to do it too, at least starting in 2011. Hendricks refused, GSP did it, Hendricks kept bashing GSP saying he was the reason it was not happening .. then admitted in an interview GSP pushed him hard to do WADA and he (hendricks) never had any intention of doing it.

there is a difference to paying lip service to more testing .. and championing it to the point you are willing to pay for it out of your own pocket, and eventually after all your opponents say no you simply do it anyways.

Was there actual proof gsp was randomly tested? And look at the list now, are we really gonna say gsp hasn't taken banned substances in his entire career? USADA's list of substances is huge.

The greatest fighter of all time isn't a guy that lots of other guys can beat up. Sorry.

Check my post history and you'll see that I supported Anderson as the GOAT. But his PED use has really swayed me otherwise.

In real sports, players who use PEDs are no longer taken seriously as great players. Barry Bonds will never go into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Lance Armstrong was stripped of his Tour de France titles. Only in the MMA world, is PED use minimized and justified. In other words, Anderson is a shoo-in for the laughable UFC Hall of Fame.

Regardless, he should be disqualified from any GOAT discussion. Same thing with Jon Jones. So who do we have left if not GSP?

GSP has the absolute best record in MMA history. 25-2. Over 20 of his fights were in the UFC. He overwhelmingly avenged his losses. 9 title defenses. Victories over Hughes (twice), Penn (twice), Kos (twice), Fitch, Condit, Diaz, Sherk, Shields, Trigg, etc.

Jose Aldo is the only other GOAT level fighter. And I don't want to hear that Fedor crap.

GSP-large.jpg

I think GSP is a valid choice for the GOAT #1...

...but I would say, a guy fighting from 1997 till 2016 and getting busted for PEDs once when he was 40 years old and coming off a gruesome legbreak really doesnt prove he was abusing PEDs when he was younger and free from injury.

It's between GSP, Fedor, Mighty Mouse and Aldo as far as I'm concerned.

Silva and Jones aren't eligible anymore, for the reason we all know.

The only one that may not used PED is Mighty Mouse and thats a big "may".

All the fighters mentioned above are PED users and the best of them is Bones or Fedor, Anderson is very close.

Ya but there were some guys that hadn't lost for a while like GSP. You got Fedor, Anderson. and when Machida hadn't lost yet and won the belt everyone said GOAT Machida.

GSP wanted it and pushed for it. Hendricks said GSP was pushing WADA too hard and he wouldnt do it.

To be precise Hendricks said GSP was pushing VADA too hard and he'd prefer WADA. In the end he conviniently opted to do neither. He was done as soon as USADA came in.

Aldo is the GOAT.

Before you try and discredit him cause the loss to Conor remember that the record Conor broke with that win belonged to who?

And it was Aldo's first loss in over a decade, and Conor's had his running shoes on ever since.

If many, including me, are going to disqualify Anderson and Jon Jones for each failing one PED test then Fedor cannot be considered since he fought mostly in PRIDE. PRIDE, home of fixed fights, pressuring fighters to dives, ref with earpieces, big time fighters vs. straight up cans, and, most importantly, rampant PED use.
I get where you are coming from, but what was the alternative? Was the UFC a high paying, high competition, PED free alternative? Didn't seem that way at the time.

Back