I've had a change of heart: GSP, not Anderson, is the GOAT

Check my post history and you'll see that I supported Anderson as the GOAT. But his PED use has really swayed me otherwise.

In real sports, players who use PEDs are no longer taken seriously as great players. Barry Bonds will never go into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Lance Armstrong was stripped of his Tour de France titles. Only in the MMA world, is PED use minimized and justified. In other words, Anderson is a shoo-in for the laughable UFC Hall of Fame.

Regardless, he should be disqualified from any GOAT discussion. Same thing with Jon Jones. So who do we have left if not GSP?

GSP has the absolute best record in MMA history. 25-2. Over 20 of his fights were in the UFC. He overwhelmingly avenged his losses. 9 title defenses. Victories over Hughes (twice), Penn (twice), Kos (twice), Fitch, Condit, Diaz, Sherk, Shields, Trigg, etc.

Jose Aldo is the only other GOAT level fighter. And I don't want to hear that Fedor crap.

GSP-large.jpg
Welcome, brother.

If the "G" in GOAT stood for Greasiest of All Time, then yes.

If Anderson had retired the same time as GSP, he would passed all of his tests too. It's hard automatically assume anybody in this filthy sport was clean before USADA.

It's between GSP, Fedor, Mighty Mouse and Aldo as far as I'm concerned.

Silva and Jones aren't eligible anymore, for the reason we all know.

Check my post history and you'll see that I supported Anderson as the GOAT. But his PED use has really swayed me otherwise.

In real sports, players who use PEDs are no longer taken seriously as great players. Barry Bonds will never go into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Lance Armstrong was stripped of his Tour de France titles. Only in the MMA world, is PED use minimized and justified. In other words, Anderson is a shoo-in for the laughable UFC Hall of Fame.

Regardless, he should be disqualified from any GOAT discussion. Same thing with Jon Jones. So who do we have left if not GSP?

GSP has the absolute best record in MMA history. 25-2. Over 20 of his fights were in the UFC. He overwhelmingly avenged his losses. 9 title defenses. Victories over Hughes (twice), Penn (twice), Kos (twice), Fitch, Condit, Diaz, Sherk, Shields, Trigg, etc.

Jose Aldo is the only other GOAT level fighter. And I don't want to hear that Fedor crap.

GSP-large.jpg
GSP? Lol

Dude couldn't even finish his career

It's between GSP, Fedor, Mighty Mouse and Aldo as far as I'm concerned.

Silva and Jones aren't eligible anymore, for the reason we all know.
Fedor nor GSP were ever subjected to stringent testing like this current USADA era lol

Fedor fought in an organization that encouraged PED use

Neither GSP nor Fedor fought under USADA. If UFC stands the test of time with the new owners, the GOAT will emerge in the next 10+ years.

Fedor nor GSP were ever subjected to stringent testing like this current USADA era lol

History will only remember the cheaters, when it comes to PED's, no one else

But GSP has never even been tested under these rules. Shouldn't matter but to me it does.

GSP wanted it and pushed for it. Hendricks said GSP was pushing WADA too hard and he wouldnt do it.

Problem is MMA is a sport that everyone always cicled steroids.

Aldo
GSP
Anderson

Jose Aldo is good but he will never reach GSP's level because there were no "legends" in his weight class. To become The Goat, you need at least ONE win against a legend.

The closest Aldo ever came was his wins against Edgar. I don't know how "legendary" Edgar is but it's definitely Aldo's best win on paper.

GSP has at least 2 legends on his record: he lost to Hughes but he also beat him twice. And BJ is legendary, even if his last years weren't his best (to say the least). Add to that all the big names he beat and you have a GOAT contender.

Very interesting, but

poll.png

images
That's like claiming Bieber is GOAT musician and taking a Belieber Forum poll to prove it...

Fans of other sports don't consider PED users to be legitimate. MMA should be the same.

No one considers Barry Bonds, who never failed a PED test, to be an all time great despite his home run records. Just the reasonable suspicion that he was on PEDs was enough to delegitimize him in the eyes of fans. Yet in MMA, many shrug when a fighter pops.

Back