I've gotta ask: Did Bifoot vs Palelei Look Funny?

He was timid to stand with bigfoit from the beginning. He wanted no parts of it.

ufc showed a replay... nothing landed even near clean... not the uppercuts or the knee... maybe the very last one when he fell... but the rest landed on arms...

I saw this, too.

His punches never seemed to land cleanly, yet Soa dropped like a sack of spuds!

Struve also under-performed for me. Never seen someone under-utilize such an enormous height/reach advantage.

It did look off, but it's easy to miss a strike while watching a fight, something must have caught him and hurt him.

Then He was hit with one punch (after a half-dozen or so somehow missed him) and he fell immediately.

newsflash........ Bigfoot can hit pretty hard

I think Soa was just done? Completely out of gas and was just ripe for the picking. I was really unimpressed with how long it took Bigfoot to finish a guy that was clearly out of the fight.

to be honest I thought he got poked right before he curled up against the cage. Then Bigfoot landed an uppercut and was able to drop Soa

I kind of feel like I should post this again.

Aside from Soa being tired he was hurt from a bigfoot uppercut

That uppercut doesn't look like it landed.

ufc showed a replay... nothing landed even near clean... not the uppercuts or the knee... maybe the very last one when he fell... but the rest landed on arms...

Mark Hunt clobbered Cheick Kongo through his arms. It's nothing we haven't seen before in the heavyweight division. Soa went hard for the finish at the end of the first, and even when Bigfoot isn't landing on the head, you can't just stand there while he tee's off for long.

Well, I certainly don't think the UFC would fix a fight for Bigfoot.

Me neither... but he was an almost 3/1 underdog (slightly weirdly). I made a very small wager on him; wish it had been a whole lot more.

I'm not trying to earn myself some dubs or cause a huge ruckus. I was at a bar so maybe I really just missed something. But as I was watching it, and in subsequent replays, it appears Soa didn't try to engage with punches throughout the fight, was winning, and then curled up standing for no apparent reason. Then He was hit with one punch (after a half-dozen or so somehow missed him) and he fell immediately.

I'm more than willing to assume I missed some significant strike that put him out of sorts, or that he was just so tired but too proud to tap out, but it looked super weird to me.

He sucks, and is a quitter, so nothing funny about a guy with awful striking and 0 gas tank quitting

He looked incredibly motivated during the walk-outs; he really needed that win.

Yeah, and i've never seen him as collected as he was when he won, he was just walking away from there, seemed like he tried to take it all in. I'm sure it meant alot more than just a regular win for him.

Go back and watch Soa Paleli vs Eddie Sanchez and how the Hulk quit in that fight went.

the Bigfoot stoppage will make more sense to you afterwards.

The knees he threw were powerful enough to cause a major impact on his opponent's head even if the guy's arms were trying to block. It's also possible that the knee went right between the two arms. Even if it didn't, holding up you arms to block a knee from Bigfoot doesn't mean your head doesn't still get rocked.

What surprised me is when Bigfoot raised his arms in vitory I saw how small his arms look now. They are very skinny compared to the rest of his body. Very little muscle mass on his arms, especially on his triceps. His right arm looks somewhat muscular but his left arm looks like he hasn't even been training it. It made me wonder if he sustained nerve damage in that arm somehow. Nerve damage in an arm can certainly cause the muscles to atrophy.

New Discovery series this fall, "Bifoot Hunters".

Back