I've gotta ask: Did Bifoot vs Palelei Look Funny?

is this your first time watching Palelei?

because he does this every fight. He gasses early and is prone to giving up.

He has good straight punches but would rather get kneed in the face on a sloppy shot than actually throw them. When he finally got Bigfoot down, instead of going for his best weapon, ground and pound, he decides to play bjj with a black belt and try to grab a kimura.

whatever he should be doing, he does the opposite. If ever there was a case to be made for someone throwing fights and betting on themselves losing, Palelei is at the top. Or maybe he has a phobia of winning

Soa is not known for his conditioning and Bigfoot, if nothing else, is a big guy to move around with crazy power for as slow as he moves.

ufc showed a replay... nothing landed even near clean... not the uppercuts or the knee... maybe the very last one when he fell... but the rest landed on arms...

This is what I saw.

It looked fine to me. Soa is a beast, but he fought a more confident and energetic Bigfoot. Soa did seem gassed a bit early, but Soa is a 38 year old heavyweight.

Bigfoot was smart enough to land the uppercut. It surprises me that MMA fighters use the uppercut infrequently, as it's almost always there as an option.

did you miss the part when joe rogan explained that his punches were so powerful they were hurting him through his arms?

rogan also said big foot was as big as a building.

Bigfoot landed a uppercut and Soa quit. Was essentially the equivalent to a tap, he curled up. A few punches landed that plus fatigue. Soa just isn't good

rogan also said big foot was as big as a building.

He said a if Big Foot's mount felt like a building was on top of you. He gleaned that from the Fedor fight.

Anyway, I guess no one remembers Big Foot almost getting finished in the first with that heavy ground and pound from Soa.

All the HW's win or lose looked bad last night IMHO.

Bigfoot landed a uppercut and Soa quit. Was essentially the equivalent to a tap, he curled up. A few punches landed that plus fatigue. Soa just isn't good

I saw the big uppercut at the end, didn't see whatever mad him wilt and curl up for about 40 seconds. And what had confused me was that nothing landed until the last uppercut, and he already clearly had given up.

there was a sneaky uppercut that didnt land super clean but landed before he pushed Soa to the cage, then 2 punches landed after being slightly deflected by the gloves to the side/back of the head. And lets be honest, even if you blocked a 265lb knee to the face, it would still hurt.

is this your first time watching Palelei?

because he does this every fight. He gasses early and is prone to giving up.

This is what made Palelei vs Sapp a legendary fight for the ages.

Why do some people still think Soa is any good. Some said it was a gimme now some are saying fix. It's not even close Bigfoot would have been by a million miles the most accomplished best opponent Soa has ever beaten. I thought it looked funny when a bunch of clueless people and Aussies thought he was any good because he beat Ruan Potts, Pat Barry to get on a little "UFC" streak. He's beaten mostly scrubs & has a couple of the most embarrassing UFC performances ever. Bigfoot fought for the UFC title and lost to Frank Mir & Arlovski not Eddie Sanchez and Jared Rosholt. Bigfoot's like third best win is a million times more impressive than Soa's best win.

What would be the goal and pay off for the huge risk? To have the Brazilian crowd cheer for a couple of minutes?

Last edited:
Honestly thought the same thing. On the replay I think he landed one (1) punch, and Soa could have easily moved out. But I guess maybe that's what happens with a fighter as bad as Soa.

My friends and I were thinking the same thing when we watched the fight. He appeared to be winning the fight. Why did he turtle up?

I think Soa gave up from exhaustion. At the start of the round 2, his mouth was open, he was breathing heavily and pouring sweat. It looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

I knew he was getting KO'ed the moment I saw that and I had picked him to win originally.

Back