I've gotta ask: Did Bifoot vs Palelei Look Funny?

MilesAbove

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm not trying to earn myself some dubs or cause a huge ruckus. I was at a bar so maybe I really just missed something. But as I was watching it, and in subsequent replays, it appears Soa didn't try to engage with punches throughout the fight, was winning, and then curled up standing for no apparent reason. Then He was hit with one punch (after a half-dozen or so somehow missed him) and he fell immediately.

I'm more than willing to assume I missed some significant strike that put him out of sorts, or that he was just so tired but too proud to tap out, but it looked super weird to me.

I think he was tired, gassed, and basically quit when he felt Bigfoots power.

Those lunchbox fists connected one too many times on Soa's head and body and made him run out of steam. I don't know if it was one particular shot as much as it was a combination of a bunch of clubbing bigfoot hammers or whatever we call them.

bifoot? Is that the kind of disease republican campaigners are afraid of catching?

i started a thread too.... soa quit after taking an upper cut to the chest....

I was pretty amazed too.... he just closed up for 30 seconds and I saw nothing that landed. Weird shit.

Dude, it was a HW fight. You should know to expect some weird IQ decisions and movements from those slow guys

Basically the hulk gassed so hard at the end of round 1 that when round 2 started he was still at 0% gas.

He had nothing to offer Big Foot except to turtle up until Bigfoot eventually landed a shot on his head and he fell down.

I think he blew his wad trying to get a round 1 finish.

Those lunchbox fists connected one too many times on Soa's head and body and made him run out of steam. I don't know if it was one particular shot as much as it was a combination of a bunch of clubbing bigfoot hammers or whatever we call them.

ufc showed a replay... nothing landed even near clean... not the uppercuts or the knee... maybe the very last one when he fell... but the rest landed on arms...

he mentally checked out as soon as round 1 was over. you could see it in his face, he was exhausted

its dissapointing because soa talks a mad game about following your dreams and never giving up yada yada yada... he has blog that goes on and on and on about it... then he does this.

Soa is a fish out of water once he can't get the takedown, he looks so scared to trade and he never sets up his takedowns with punches...just waits to counter a strike with a takedown.

He wilts under pressure, each time someone lands a solid shot he turtles up and just folds, it's a shame because being Australian I was hoping this might be the fight that could set him up with a top 10 opponent but I guess he just isn't at that level.

He has a solid training camp, olympian wrestlers, k1 strikers..figured he would of looked a new guy in this fight but it was a very poor performance, Bigfoot didn't look much better either.

ufc showed a replay... nothing landed even near clean... not the uppercuts or the knee... maybe the very last one when he fell... but the rest landed on arms...

To be fair, the last uppercut seemed to land (though there is no actual clear shot). Not trying to start a conspiracy thread at all, as someone else stated "It's a HW fight" and this kind of stuff isn't wholly unheard of.

But I will come clean that I felt it looked "weird". Sao was the better wrestler. He was able to take Bigfoot down and control him... but he didn't try to strike at all against a guy who showed he can't handle a punch. And I don't know if y'all have ever been around or lived with islanders.... but that's pretty much unheard of. They bang. That's what they do, as almost a cultural right of passage. Now, wrestling Bigfoot isn't a terrible idea at all. But the fact Sao didn't even try to knock that chin, then folded for no apparent reason did bother me to my core as a fight fan.

Again..... I'm willing to admit I wasn't pay close enough attention as if I was at home watching. But that's why I had to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see clear strikes as well. If you're a fight fan, You look for this in replays as i did and i didn't see much.

Honestly. I don't care .

Soa is a fish out of water once he can't get the takedown, he looks so scared to trade and he never sets up his takedowns with punches...just waits to counter a strike with a takedown.

He wilts under pressure, each time someone lands a solid shot he turtles up and just folds, it's a shame because being Australian I was hoping this might be the fight that could set him up with a top 10 opponent but I guess he just isn't at that level.

He has a solid training camp, olympian wrestlers, k1 strikers..figured he would of looked a new guy in this fight but it was a very poor performance, Bigfoot didn't look much better either.

i was watching his fight blog... and any clip of training was just him sparring with his guys... or hitting pads with a thai trainer... i doubt he had a coach watching him and trying to formulate a good game plan based on exploiting anything big foot did...and as soon as he got tired and didnt finish the doubts crept in and that was that.

Even when he was turtled...Bigfoot's punches looked soooooo slow. Soa was looking for a way out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back