I've finally figured out why a lot of people dislike McGregor

Not a hater, hes a wannabe.
You're talking about the FW champion who destroyed everyone in his path & KO'ed the P4P #1 fighter in the world at the time... a wannabe. I'm sorry but if you haven't got the time to post your point of view to me, I have no time to look it up from wherever you are referring to.

Ah, but among other things...cuz i dont like either person lol..but its conors wannabe type attitude.
Hes not original, hes a copy cat.

He his original he's built his own thing on top of what others did first.

It's not like he sounds like anyone else when he speaks.

"Red Panty Night" was a great example of his unique style and originality.

Conor just isn't a likeable character

Plus he isn't as talented as he or his fans think

Even firas said Conor is a bully fighter

He just likes to come in hard and bully smaller and lesser opponents

He just talks a lot

He his original he's built his own thing on top of what others did first.

It's not like he sounds like anyone else when he speaks.

"Red Panty Night" was a great example of his unique style and originality.

Can all of sherdog see this?
Can you explain to this person how that is NOT original?

Its just shocking the stuff people post on here.
Im literally in shock that you just posted that.

Most of his fans are actually alright. It's the odd uneducated new fan who turns me off him or it's the one gimmick account after another thaf seems to appear after someone gets banned.

It just got to this crazy point where it was bloody thread after thread about him and his followers (who seemed to vanish a few months ago) were so disrespectful to his opponents it was hard not to dislike them.

Also I think most of the delusional fans who call us haters do in fact know we don't hate Conor, we just hate them.

Conor's awesome but I wanna see Nate win again

That's how it works.

Ali was inspired by Pro Wrestling, that's where his talk came from.

He built upon that with his own style.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO THIS PERSON THAT'S HOW IT WORKS?

I think he means he has his own material/style but is basically another Chael/Ali/pro wrestler type

That's how it works.

Ali was inspired by Pro Wrestling, that's where his talk came from.

He built upon that with his own style.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO THIS PERSON THAT'S HOW IT WORKS?

So..its a repeat thats been done over and over and over and over again and were supposed to act like its new?
Ive seen this before..chael..ive seen this before, mayweather.

So..IVE SEEN THIS BEFORE.

Most of us are not impressed or surprised because..WEVE SEEN THIS BEFORE.

Conors "style" is everyone elses before him. Still..not original.

This is the ghetto version of Floyd Mayweather.

So..its a repeat thats been done over and over and over and over again and were supposed to act like its new?
Ive seen this before..chael..ive seen this before, mayweather.

So..IVE SEEN THIS BEFORE.

Most of us are not impressed or surprised because..WEVE SEEN THIS BEFORE.

Conors "style" is everyone elses before him. Still..not original.

This is the ghetto version of Floyd Mayweather.

You've not seen it exactly like this before.

Conor's style is not the same at all, like I said, who'd ever said anything remotely like "Red Panty Night" etc

Chael had his own style, it was heavily pro wrestling influenced, but whenever he copied a pro wrestling quote verbatim it fell flat.

If someone started using Ali's exact quotes it wouldn't work at all, they'd come off lame.

You've got to apply your own style to it, not just literally same the same things.

i just don't like how other fighters trained years and worked their way up the rankings and conor talked his way into fights they were more deserving of
Well, not really.

Yes, maybe the RDA fight is an example of that, but his FW run was both impressive and deserving.

He brutalised Brimage, then fought a tough young Holloway, then finished 2 average guys and 2 high level guys on the way to finishing the greatest lower weight fighter that ever lived.

Who was more deserving?

I don't like him stepping over deserving fighters like 7-0 khabib like 8-0 Ferguson to fight RDA. He's a good fighter albeit limited and should rule FW but has no chance against guys who cut from 185-195 to 155. Size matters and ego wont help you. He's also fucked up the whole FW division with his second wasting time shot vs diaz win or lose it's a waste of time. Guys like 9-0 streak Holloway are waiting. Aldo is waiting. and so on.

Basically guy was allowed to stall two divisions for a year for his antics. It's equally Dana's fault though for enabling.

I don't give a fuck what he does outside octagon so don't hate him. For me it's all about what these guys do for sport.

Last edited:
Those are casuals

Just laugh at them and thank them for supporting the UFC. UFC or wwe wouldn't survive without them

It's his unfunny troll fans that makes me want to see him lose.

But you never win though, those "fans" will just jump on the next big thing.

You've not seen it exactly like this before.

Conor's style is not the same at all, like I said, who'd ever said anything remotely like "Red Panty Night" etc

Chael had his own style, it was heavily pro wrestling influenced, but whenever he copied a pro wrestling quote verbatim it fell flat.

If someone started using Ali's exact quotes it wouldn't work at all, they'd come off lame.

You've got to apply your own style to it, not just literally same the same things.

I dont know what to say.
I cant say anything at all.
You really think conors act is original.

Daaamn.....

Youre right. Conor IS original.

Hes the only pro fighter that shows off his cars and money.
He the only pro fighter that talks an insane amount of trash to get big fights.

No one...on the planet has EVER seen the way he does things...the way he lives his life and style.

Conor...Sherdog...is a once in a lifetime athlete.

I dont know what to say.
I cant say anything at all.
You really think conors act is original.

Daaamn.....

Youre right. Conor IS original.

Hes the only pro fighter that shows off his cars and money.
He the only pro fighter that talks an insane amount of trash to get big fights.

No one...on the planet has EVER seen the way he does things...the way he lives his life and style.

Conor...Sherdog...is a once in a lifetime athlete.

You can't say talking trash as if it's one dimensional thing.

That's like saying all fighters are the same because they all fight.

McGregor's trash talk is very unique, nobody has ever done it like he has.

Youre right. Conor is the most original fighter ever.
No one has ever seen what hes done. Ever.

Didn't make a lot of sense to me at first as to why McGregor got all the hate he did, especially here on Sherdog. The guy really is a Cinderella story (so to speak). He has a lot of charisma, can hype all his fights, easily captivates the crowd, always in an entertaining fight, great consistent finishes, broke Jose Aldos unbeaten streak etc.

At first glance I thought all his hate was stemming from his relentless trash talk, which I could see being warranted. I get why people don't like that but at the same time do people really buy in THAT much to all that trash talking BS? Sure it hypes fights but none of it is genuine. McGregor knows how to hype fights and he is one of the fee who chose a (im using this term loosely) WWF type of approach to his pre/post fight antics. We saw Chael really implement this prior/post Anderson fights, and it essentially got him back to back title shots, a lot of fans, and a lot of $. I just wasn't buying this as the main reason for all the Conor hate, as it was a solid business plan that (I hope) alot of people can see through.

Again, I just couldn't figure it out. Maybe it was McGregors devestating 13 second KO of P4P king Jose Aldo? Could all this hate derive from salty Jose Aldo fans? A little, sure, but not all of it.

Well as time passed on after McGregors first UFC loss to Diaz I've now come to realize why so MANY people hate on McGregor, and it isn't even because of something HE did. Rather it is because of all his ratherly over the top ill informed fans who have the IQ equivalent to that of a wet sock. They're all over my Facebook as of late and are slowly driving me away from being a McGregor fan. I just can't side with his fans, any opportunity to have a legit conversation of his upcoming fight against Diaz is completely thrown out the window at the first chance his fans are given.

I'm a big fan (or atleast was) of McGregor and Diaz and was neutral as to who I wanted to win the first fight although I would of put my $ on McGregor if I had too. Going into the second I have to rally behind Diaz because of shit his fans say like these beauties below..

View attachment 125459 View attachment 125461 View attachment 125463 View attachment 125465

You are right and i'm surprised it took you so long to realize it.

I am a fan of conors fighting style but I can't root for McGregor knowing how many idiots will be screaming GOAT again.

Didn't make a lot of sense to me at first as to why McGregor got all the hate he did, especially here on Sherdog. The guy really is a Cinderella story (so to speak). He has a lot of charisma, can hype all his fights, easily captivates the crowd, always in an entertaining fight, great consistent finishes, broke Jose Aldos unbeaten streak etc.

At first glance I thought all his hate was stemming from his relentless trash talk, which I could see being warranted. I get why people don't like that but at the same time do people really buy in THAT much to all that trash talking BS? Sure it hypes fights but none of it is genuine. McGregor knows how to hype fights and he is one of the fee who chose a (im using this term loosely) WWF type of approach to his pre/post fight antics. We saw Chael really implement this prior/post Anderson fights, and it essentially got him back to back title shots, a lot of fans, and a lot of $. I just wasn't buying this as the main reason for all the Conor hate, as it was a solid business plan that (I hope) alot of people can see through.

Again, I just couldn't figure it out. Maybe it was McGregors devestating 13 second KO of P4P king Jose Aldo? Could all this hate derive from salty Jose Aldo fans? A little, sure, but not all of it.

Well as time passed on after McGregors first UFC loss to Diaz I've now come to realize why so MANY people hate on McGregor, and it isn't even because of something HE did. Rather it is because of all his ratherly over the top ill informed fans who have the IQ equivalent to that of a wet sock. They're all over my Facebook as of late and are slowly driving me away from being a McGregor fan. I just can't side with his fans, any opportunity to have a legit conversation of his upcoming fight against Diaz is completely thrown out the window at the first chance his fans are given.

I'm a big fan (or atleast was) of McGregor and Diaz and was neutral as to who I wanted to win the first fight although I would of put my $ on McGregor if I had too. Going into the second I have to rally behind Diaz because of shit his fans say like these beauties below..

View attachment 125459 View attachment 125461 View attachment 125463 View attachment 125465
I finally figured out why i hate threads about Conor McGregor

Back