I've finally figured out why a lot of people dislike McGregor

Bruh his fanbase is comparable to 2009 beliebers.

I just don't like his face.
117374-I-dont-know-what-it-is-about-y-g817.gif

I don't hate McGregor nor his fans.

But I can't say I respect his casual fanbase that much, just like to make fun of them.

I don't dislike Conor, but coping with his delusional fan base is painful to say the least. Some of the statements they make are just plain retarded, I'm pretty sure most have them had never even heard of mma before the mendes fight.

I don't hate McGregor. I honestly enjoy his theatrics (for real, it's more entertaining than the usual "I'll fight anyone they put in front of me"). But a lot of his fans are idiot casuals who think the sport of MMA is called UFC. I've heard so many dumb shit I don't even bother anymore. I enjoy watching Conor fight.

I used to be a fan. No really, check my post history up until the Siver fight. I said that people shouldn't take the trash talk seriously because behind it, there is a very different McGregor.

But then his trash talk changed. He started going over the line with the insults and money talk. Conor was coming to press events coked up and his persona was making jokes out of RDA's kids' names and making references to his wife. Yes, it's all a show, but someone with real character is not going to whore himself out like that for extra dollars, not when he is already making obscene amounts of money.

Also around that time, something else about him started bothering me: it became impossible to ignore that his golden goose status was getting him airlifted over all potentially problematic matchups. He completely avoided 145's wrestling-heavy top 5 (..until of course the possibility of fighting a 2-week Mendes came up). I think that Conor is a fantastic striker and could beat anyone in the division, including full camp Mendes, Frankie, Lamas, etc. but he wasn't proving it. He was getting a shot at the champ off a win over Denis Siver. I simply cannot stand behind a fabricated success like that. It's dishonest and takes the fun out of fights.

People hate on people who do great thingz.

Haterz create over the top fanboyz.

Over the top fanboyz create more haterz.

Snowball...

Cause & Effect

cause and effect.jpg

I couldn't stand McGregor when he first burst on the scene, frequently coming out with idiotic bullshit that wasn't nearly as clever as he thought. Have to say he won me over though (around about the time he fought Poirier) when I realised each and every one of his fights was incredibly entertaining - including the Nate fight. I can't think of many fighters that're as entertaining or explosive.

Spending more time on SD and seeing the overwhelming double digit IQ hatred for him has made me more of a fan if anything.

Rory Macdonald

...was one of the most hated fighters on Sherdog a couple of years ago. Had a war with Lawler and is outspoken against the UFC --> now most people like him.

I couldn't stand McGregor when he first burst on the scene, frequently coming out with idiotic bullshit that wasn't nearly as clever as he thought. Have to say he won me over though (around about the time he fought Poirier) when I realised each and every one of his fights was incredibly entertaining - including the Nate fight. I can't think of many fighters that're as entertaining or explosive.

Spending more time on SD and seeing the overwhelming double digit IQ hatred for him has made me more of a fan if anything.

...was one of the most hated fighters on Sherdog a couple of years ago. Had a war with Lawler and is outspoken against the UFC --> now most people like him.
There's plenty of white fighters who aren't universally hated.

i just don't like how other fighters trained years and worked their way up the rankings and conor talked his way into fights they were more deserving of

Dictionary definition of a hater right here, how the fuck can you ignore Conor's win streak before he won the title? He flatlined Aldo in 13 seconds FFS. Saying he didn't/doesn't deserve the title at 145 is pure and utter stupidity and shows you up to be nothing but a hater in denial.

If anything Conor's success is a good example of how haters operate more than his fanboys. the mental gymnastics they do to make him out to be a bum after he has destroyed 90% of that division is hilarious. These are the same jagoffs who were saying Silva was trash because he got submitted by Chonan or trying to talk shit about Jones by saying he was 'too big for the division'. It's actually pathetic.

It's part of what made mayweather do rich. He talks trash, talks about the "money team" and obviously can fight. It makes ppl want to tune in. Something with mcgregor. It's an act. If he was so shallow, he would be breaking off bread to everyone around him.

Exactly, we've seen it all before. Being a Mayweather copy is not that interesting to me. But as you say, credit to Conor it's just business and he's very succesful at imitating Mayweather (as in the promotion side, in terms of fighting Mayweather is light years ahead in boxing, compared to McGregor in MMA).

I'm personally not interested in 'acts', nor are a lot of people, which is why many are wanting Nate to win (I think more people can relate to Nate).

I understand the reason why all this hyperbole comes out his mouth (i.e. for self promotion and also mind games to his opponent), but it's nauseating when his fan base take it all so seriously. I mean the guy has not had 1 single title defense yet and there have been a million threads on him being the GOAT!

Exactly, we've seen it all before. Being a Mayweather copy is not that interesting to me. But as you say, credit to Conor it's just business and he's very succesful at imitating Mayweather (as in the promotion side, in terms of fighting Mayweather is light years ahead in boxing, compared to McGregor in MMA).

I'm personally not interested in 'acts', nor are a lot of people, which is why many are wanting Nate to win (I think more people can relate to Nate).

I understand the reason why all this hyperbole comes out his mouth (i.e. for self promotion and also mind games to his opponent), but it's nauseating when his fan base take it all so seriously. I mean the guy has not had 1 single title defense yet and there have been a million threads on him being the GOAT!
Yea the fans base a different but it's what makes the sport what it is. It makes it entertaining. Believe it or not, the fanatical fan base is a big reason he does the numbers he does. Meanwhile he goes home and says "shit, I can believe they believe the stuff that comes outta my mouth". Lol.

The gassing excuse is some garbage. I've watched the fight a few times, he suddenly was gassed right about the time Nate tagged him and had him wobbling around like a drunk. A world champion does not gas out after a round and a half. The pace of that fight wasn't even that fast.

Its crazy...conor should have been in shape. He had a FULL camp. FULL CAMP. Its amazing people cant understand that concept and still beleive he gassed bullshit when nate had how much time?
Then you hear the other excuse of nates always in shape.

Conors defenders are full of shit.

you have a point. i think it's because white fighters are the only one's who can still be openly criticized. even mention that some fighters are black and a thread vanishes off the site

What the fuck does race have to do with anything?
Youre just as bad as others pulling the race card...different side of the SAME coin.
Stop posting please.

Sherdog has always rallied against the fighters that the UFC get behind.

Rage Against The Machine.

Which is sad considering the shit that happened with ronda...touting her as the greatest human ever.

He's very humble. The money/clothes thing is all for show, just him pushing his brand.

I think he's also mimicking Mayweather with that stuff because he's seen the success he's had with it.

NO!
Mayweather has been dominating for YEARS! UNDEFEATED his ENTIRE CAREER.
He wasnt hyped by boxing per se, outside of is skillset. Thats what set him apart. He dominated damn near everyone.
Conor is not even close.
Mayweather has 40+ fights, fighting over a fucking decade as opposed to conor who...how long has he even been in MMA? Let alone title defenses?

Conor...and this is going to sound weird, really...Conor, is the GHETTO version of Floyd Mayweather.

He's the UFC champ and destroyed the p4p #1 at the time in 13 secs. He may not be as good as mayweather but no one is. Why you think ppl watched Tyson? Because he knocked ppl out and talked shit. Same with ali before he made it big. I can give 10 more examples. Those are just the super well known ones. It's talk for $$$

Ppl hated Jones the past 5 years because of his out the cage stuff and bring fake and stuff.

Ech..just dont put ali in the same subject as Conor...i dont even think tyson should be honestly.

he has an attitude that attracts a certain type of fan, and drives many others away.

Also the type of fan he attracts is often vocal and overconfident, having fully bought into the hype... the more even-keel MMA fans who have been around long enough to have seen this pattern a few times will enjoy the fights but dislike the hype surrounding him (and the fans who buy into the hype). This can amplify any backlash already initiated by his polarizing attitude.

Best comment in this section, and possibly on sherdog.
Weve seen it all. Weve seen hypetrains come and go.
Conor is no different. We all knew it was coming.

Conor lives a flamboyant lifestyle, reminds every body how rich he is, best talker on the mic since ALI, has a hot gf/mom/sis, has a fleet of luxury cars.

Like i said before, if youre amazed by that, then you havent been around much.
Conor, like i said before, is a ghetto version of Floyd Mayweather.
Im annoyed by it because conor is a try hard without the resume. Its clear hes trying to "be like" Mayweather, which is pathetic.

People hate on people who do great thingz.

Haterz create over the top fanboyz.

Over the top fanboyz create more haterz.

Snowball...

Cause & Effect

View attachment 125801

Not a hater, hes a wannabe. read my previous posts.

Awesome AWESOME post!

Yea the fans base a different but it's what makes the sport what it is. It makes it entertaining. Believe it or not, the fanatical fan base is a big reason he does the numbers he does. Meanwhile he goes home and says "shit, I can believe they believe the stuff that comes outta my mouth". Lol.

True, he certainily gives his fan/troll-base plenty to make a thread about! His self-promotion/drawing power will be his legacy in the UFC, as I don't think he'll defending a title very long (if he does defend one at all).

NO!
Mayweather has been dominating for YEARS! UNDEFEATED his ENTIRE CAREER.
He wasnt hyped by boxing per se, outside of is skillset. Thats what set him apart. He dominated damn near everyone.
Conor is not even close.
Mayweather has 40+ fights, fighting over a fucking decade as opposed to conor who...how long has he even been in MMA? Let alone title defenses?

Conor...and this is going to sound weird, really...Conor, is the GHETTO version of Floyd Mayweather.

I was talking about the flaunting of money part, I didn't compare their records or achievements.

McGregor's money flaunting is probably inspired by him see Mayweather do it.

True, he certainily gives his fan/troll-base plenty to make a thread about! His self-promotion/drawing power will be his legacy in the UFC, as I don't think he'll defending a title very long (if he does defend one at all).
I don't think he even gives a shit about defending anything. He just cares about where he can make the most money. I like the guy and think he's great for the sport but man ppl buy into his talk like he means it and is really that way off camera.

I was talking about the flaunting of money part, I didn't compare their records or achievements.

McGregor's money flaunting is probably inspired by him see Mayweather do it.

Ah, but among other things...cuz i dont like either person lol..but its conors wannabe type attitude.
Hes not original, hes a copy cat.

Back