I've finally figured out why a lot of people dislike McGregor

It's because he's white. I can't think of a single white fighter who isn't disrespected like this.
What kind of horseshit is this? If you think you can reduce Conor to just being a "white guy", you're not paying attention. He's also jacked.

I'm a Connor fan but I'll be the first to admit that coming across like a super over confident cocky braggart is going to put some people off. Strange I know.

He's very humble. The money/clothes thing is all for show, just him pushing his brand.

I think he's also mimicking Mayweather with that stuff because he's seen the success he's had with it.

Being humble after you get choked the fuck out doesn't count. You need to be humble even when you don't need to be. He was humbled by Nate.

The gassing excuse is some garbage. I've watched the fight a few times, he suddenly was gassed right about the time Nate tagged him and had him wobbling around like a drunk. A world champion does not gas out after a round and a half. The pace of that fight wasn't even that fast.

I remember this interview with Diaz..... Maybe there is some truth to it.
“I’ve been fighting 12 years as a martial artist,” Diaz said. “Like, just knowing … seeing (the UFC) push this guy. That guy’s a good fighter and everything, but he’s where he’s at because of the push he’s getting, you know what I’m saying? I’ve put in a lot of work, and there ain’t no push. So I’m gonna take that (expletive) and make it mine, you know what I’m saying? I know I’m a better fighter than him. They weren’t gonna give me no full camp for this guy. They’re gonna try to do whatever they can to bring him back to the top. I knew I was better than him. …

“I’ve been in this UFC since I was 21 years old. I think that was my 25th fight, or 26th fight. There’s no experience like that. That guy, I think this might’ve been his sixth, seventh, eighth fight. But we’ll see where he’s at in 26 fights from now.

Notice that Diaz called McGregor “a good fighter?” That’s as far as he could go, because that’s all McGregor has been in the UFC: good.

Not great. Not the next big thing worthy of all the hype. He’s a good fighter who basically talked his way to a title shot. From there, it was “right place at the right time” just like Diaz said.

Conor lives a flamboyant lifestyle, reminds every body how rich he is, best talker on the mic since ALI, has a hot gf/mom/sis, has a fleet of luxury cars.
And has been hiding with his cars since Diaz choked him like a 14yo chokes his chicken.

McGregor is an asshole
same reason I dislike Jones

Maybe it's simply that some of us don't think his fighting skills are at the level of his ego or mouth.

Attitude is everything in life. Patience when you got nothing. Humble then you have everything. Conor's arrogance was too much it crossed over into disrespectful. He's fighting at welterweight when he should be defending the fw belt. He's a product of the UFC hype machine. That is why he's hated by many and Nate is celebrated.

Straight, white, male, cisgender scum who doesn't check his privilege, bro....he needs to watch his microagrresssions with that "cholo" stuff, too

hqdefault.jpg

GSdoISO.gif

post-28938-fuckin-A-man-gif-Office-Space-aAmF.gif

102994-fuckin-A-gif-imgur-office-spac-xV5I.gif

I think it's partly sexism. Modern society doesn't like a strong confident man that's not afraid to speak his mind.

Hard to hate anyone I dont even know.

I don't hate him because of a low IQ, believe me. I don't hate him at all actually. But his obsession with money, clothes, etc is a turn off and makes him seem extremely shallow.

Being humble goes a long way and he certainly isn't

Being humble goes Maia way, or other top fighters with meager following and zero leverage with UFC. Not being humble is the only thing that actually works. Being a loud, sometimes obnoxious, trash-talking prick is what builds clout and leverage. And that's not the fighters' fault. They have to play the game if they are to get what they want.

This is a textbook example of "don't hate the player, hate the game".

Back