I've always heard Band of Brothers is one of the best series HBO has done......

Is this the worst casting ever?

• Total voters
I came in here to say that Band of Brothers was so good anyone who speaks English could fill those parts. I see some agree with me.

The only real problem I have with the cast is David Schwimmer but he ended up looking like a retard so it’s all good.

We are currently in the golden age of TV, you could even argue that BoB kicked it off, but there was really nothing like it back then.

Lol , TS getting merked

great series...def a contender among the best...i can easily rewatch the whole series

i didnt like Ross/David Schwimmer in friends...but i give him props for BoB...playin cptn Sobel who in real life easy company loathed...he did a good job was believable as someone everyone hated.maybe it wasnt that much of a stretch for him haha

JUST BLEED God appreciates your self sacrifice TS.....

In the end at least you put a smile on my face....

somebody voted yes! i suppose theres always at least one person who wants to watch the world burn.

So I started watching it and I'm now on episode 4

It's pretty good so far but not even close to the best series HBO has ever done and I think the main reason for it is the shit tier actors that they got to play these characters.

Holy fuck talk about miscasting roles

The dude from Office Space is a captain
220px-RonLivingstonMay10.jpg

We got another B-level TV show actor here in Donnie Wahlberg
220px-Donnie_Wahlberg_2010.jpg

We got Kirk Acevedo who I could swear was in the first Mighty Ducks film
220px-Kirk_acevedo_2018_MCCC.jpg

We got Scott Grimes who is a terrible actor on The Orville
220px-Scott_Grimes_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

We got Ross from Friends as some sort of super evil douche drill instructor
serveimage

Why did they feel the need to cast these dorks and pretend they are some badass soldiers? It wouldn't be so bad if some of these people were good at acting but they are not. Tom Hanks is a dork but we believed him to be a badass in Saving Private Ryan, because that's what good actors like Tom Hanks do. These assholes in Band of Brothers are terrible and it pulls me out of the show consistently
if you are watching it to find reasons to hate it, thats all on you. It is one of the best series of all time. BTW it came out before most of the actors you showed were famous.

This is a bad thread, and you should feel bad.

I’m not gonna ban you, because we’re cool; but just know bro, that shit was on the table.

Iwasthisclose_zps93b2d945.gif~c200

He's also constructed some strange goal posts. I've never heard, not one time, that Band of Brothers was the best HBO show. What is always said, is Band of Brothers is one of, if not the greatest war movie or war series ever created, which it is. Then he doubles down by complaining about the casting, once again, something I've never heard anyone complain about after watching the show. So its a really strange 2 plot points of this thread, both of which seem to come from out of nowhere.

Ross played an incompetent laughing stock and Office Space guy was an alcoholic who didn't see any action that I can remember in the first few episodes, they weren't all 'badasses' so I don't know why that would take you out of it?

In real life not all action heroes look like The Rock and you don't need to act on the level of Daniel Day Lewis to play a convincing tough guy.
This. The whole point is that these guys may be slightly elite, they were still mostly regular guys.

The soldiers weren't supposed to be badasses, they were conscripted men who for the most part were terrified but dealing with the hand they were dealt.That's the reality of war for 99% of people involved. There is the odd psychopath (like Speirs) who actually revel in it but for the most part everyone is fucking scared.

I thought the same when I saw Ross from friends, but he completely surprised me (in a good way).

Need to go back and rewatch BoB. Haven’t seen it since The Pacific was about to come out. First time and was blown away.

I thought "the Pacific" was better than "band of Brothers" but it wasn't due to the acting.

Ok, it was mostly due to the acting.

I thought "the Pacific" was better than "band of Brothers" but it wasn't due to the acting.

Ok, it was mostly due to the acting.
Pacific was worse in every way to me, but I guess that's how opinions go.

Pacific was worse in every way to me, but I guess that's how opinions go.
Ya I thought Pacific was easily the worse of the two but still an awesome show in its own.

I really liked how it depicted the hopelessness of war more then BoB tho.

Back