Ivan Calderon vs Giovanni Segura

S

Sonny721

Ivan Calderon -215 at bodog vs Giovanni Segura +175 at bodog

I am a big Calderon fan and I always pick him to win over the last few years, but this time around I am having a big problem who to pick. There are two reason to pick against Calderon is his age, if you have noticed he has only 6 KO's in 35 fights, so that means he has fought many rounds.

Onto the second reason to pick against Calderon is that he is fighting a young and very good fighter in Segura. Segura has had 26 fights with 20 KO's, record of 24-1-1. That means that he gets the job done and is on a five fight winning streak.

The only think that makes this a harder pick is that the fight is in Calderon country.

Prediction: Giovanni Segura (10th round TKO)

Please post who you think will win and how!!

I think Calderon will probably edge it. Segura's still young and unrefined which generally means 36 minutes of being made to look like a fool and punched in the head by Calderon.

That said, old Iron Boy has definitely slowed down over the last few fights and has looked a lot more vulnerable than he once did. He's 35... which is pretty ancient at those low weights regardless of body type and while he's managed to avoid much of the wear and tear that a 35 fight career brings due to his style... it's still a 35 fight career and a lot of rounds. Segura is a big puncher and all it really takes is one of his punches to get through and Calderon's gone.

Interesting fight... even if possibly not the most exciting.

Spoiler

In a sensational fight, WBA mini-flyweight world champion Giovanni Segura (25-1, 21 KOs) scored a punishing eighth round KO over previously unbeaten WBO mini-flyweight Iv

oh dam Calderon lost, wow, i knew i should have watched the fight

Back