IV rehydration "I'll just go to a hospital and they'll rehydrate me"

Because if you can't rehydrate naturally then you shouldn't be fighting at that weight. IV rehydration is plain and simply cheating.

IV rehydration isn't cheating until October, and it's not being banned to stop guys from cuttng so much weight as much as it is a way of masking the use of an IV for blood doping/transfusions to mask PED use. Even if a hospital rehydrated the fighters it still would show the use of an IV, thus creating a window to actually cheat.

IV rehydration isn't cheating until October, and it's not being banned to stop guys from cuttng so much weight as much as it is a way of masking the use of an IV for blood doping/transfusions to mask PED use. Even if a hospital rehydrated the fighters it still would show the use of an IV, thus creating a window to actually cheat.

Which is still pretty damn stupid considering they will hardly make a dent in actual PED use.

IV rehydration is not the default in the ER unless you are unconscious. They'd give you a bottle of pedialyte. End of story.

If you are in the ER for dehydration you are usually puking or shitting yourself so badly that you need an IV. The 'E' in ER stands for emergency. People who just need a drink to cure it don't go to the hospital.

So glass bottles could be used, right? Stupid ban.

Surely there is a more effective way to limit weight cutting. Could they not move the weigh in to a few hours before the fight? I guess doing so might increase the odds of a fight falling apart at the last minute, but I'm sure all the geniuses involved with the sport can come up with a way to mitigate this.
Or is that not the point of the iv ban?

Edit: I see some folks pointing out that the ban is primarily about doping.

Back