Its was Cerrone. Relax.

Rorschachxx

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Meh. Good win but not that impressive honestly. If he whoops Gaehtje like that, we're talking.

well poirer smoked gaedthe and conrad smoked poirer. sooooo.
would you really bet on gaedthe over conrat

How. Fucking. Dare. You.

Listen, I know cowboy was being sent out to slaughter. But that dude is an absolute legend, don’t ever disrespect him.

He said he feels good at 170, so maybe Masvidal will be next. It would be fun!

How. Fucking. Dare. You.

Listen, I know cowboy was being sent out to slaughter. But that dude is an absolute legend, don’t ever disrespect him.
Not disrespecting him, Cowboy is a legend but not elite and certainly not a win to get you a TS at this stage. I actually believe Conor could beat better competition at LW and WW.

Only on this forum would you find people that think Conor has to prove himself against Justin. Comical.

Meh. Good win but not that impressive honestly. If he whoops Gaehtje like that, we're talking.

Yeah I'm with you there

Cowboy crumbles fast.

Put a guy like Gaehtje in there that is extremely durable, and then we'll have a fight on our hands

Good win by Conor, but shit fight to watch -- all thanks to Cowboy.

I'm never paying money to watch a Cowboy fight; you can leave him on the free fights on TV

Not a Conor fan, but Gaethje's fans (which is most of Sherdog) acted like it was a great achievement when he beat Cerrone. Ditto for Ferguson, Masvidal and Till when they beat Cowboy. How do we arbitrarily decide when Cerrone goes from "tough gatekeeper who only loses to the elite" to "can"?

It was a fight that started near even money. The question was where was McGregor. He said he was better and was, showed new tools and the product of hard work and humility. Would Eddie Conopr do that shoulder, kick and flying knee finish?

We haven’t had alot these last few years, let us have tonight at least ;):)

Yeah I'm with you there

Cowboy crumbles fast.

Put a guy like Gaehtje in there that is extremely durable, and then we'll have a fight on our hands

Good win by Conor, but shit fight to watch -- all thanks to Cowboy.

I'm never paying money to watch a Cowboy fight; you can leave him on the free fights on TV
Yep, Cerrone was known to many before as a good stylistic match up for Conor. That said, many disagreed, hence why the fight was like -115 at one point.

It was silly to thrown Conor to the wolves without getting a tune up, which he should have done before Khabib to get the rust off, but 100 milly changes a young man. Make money is one thing, but learning how to live with it is another. See Mike Tyson or many o the other cautionary tales of woah.

Not a Conor fan, but Gaethje's fans (which is most of Sherdog) acted like it was a great achievement when he beat Cerrone. Ditto for Ferguson, Masvidal and Till when they beat Cowboy. How do we arbitrarily decide when Cerrone goes from "tough gatekeeper who only loses to the elite" to "can"?
You make a solid point. Its not so much about Gaehtje fans. Its that Cowboy gets finished against actual elite LW's/WW's. Conor has aspirations to be a lightweight champ and used his leverage to take the factualy easier fight. The thing is, I believe Conor has the skills to beat Gaehtje, I mean he beat the two people easily who already finished Gaehtje. A win against Cowboy at this stage doesn't lead to a TS. If this was Felder or Hooker tonight, I'll bet you all my posessions noone was gonna go "he should fight for a title".

Back