It's very sad how blatantly Dana wants other MMA orgs to fail

I wasn't trying to be a dick, but they just don't seem even remotely in the same realm of business or exposure. That's why I don't think Dana has any mutual relationship with them. If the UFC is a lion eating a zebra, Bellator is a jackal waiting for the UFC to finish up and then get a couple little scraps.

Bellator being the second biggest promotion is really by default. Strikeforce was an interesting venture, but I haven't seen a true rival to the UFC since the fall of glorious Pride.

I didn't think you were.

If they aren't even in the same realm of business, why is Dana constantly bringing this guy up? If he's irrelevant, why does it matter? It matters because people are listening to what Bjorn has to say and relaying it back to Dana. People in the MMA world pay attention to MMA, and in that regard they share the same fanbase. Bellator fans are more than likely UFC fans, there is something to gain there for sure from both parties.

They have a relationship, whether it's good, bad or just a mutual relationship that they use to help promote both of their businesses. I'm paraphrasing but Dana has literally said the exact same thing I'm saying right now when asked about his relationship with Bellator. I can't think of a reason why he'd make that up.

Why doesn't the CEO of Coca Cola ever talk about how great Pepsi tastes? I mean, he's an ambassador for the soft drink industry but he's letting business get in the way of snack nirvana, and I'm gonna complain on the internet about it!!!

Why doesn't the CEO of Coca Cola ever talk about how great Pepsi tastes? I mean, he's an ambassador for the soft drink industry but he's letting business get in the way of snack nirvana, and I'm gonna complain on the internet about it!!!

Let's be honest, Bellator is more like RC Cola.

Dana wants the companies that come after the UFC to fail, just like any businessman would. He doesn't trash WSOF or other organizations; Bellator decided they wanted to be a threat and F with the Eddie deal.

I didn't think you were.

If they aren't even in the same realm of business, why is Dana constantly bringing this guy up? If he's irrelevant, why does it matter? It matters because people are listening to what Bjorn has to say and relaying it back to Dana. People in the MMA world pay attention to MMA, and in that regard they share the same fanbase. Bellator fans are more than likely UFC fans, there is something to gain there for sure from both parties.

They have a relationship, whether it's good, bad or just a mutual relationship that they use to help promote both of their businesses. I'm paraphrasing but Dana has literally said the exact same thing I'm saying right now when asked about his relationship with Bellator. I can't think of a reason why he'd make that up.

I notice that people constantly confuse Dana (or even fighters for that matter) being asked questions by media members and answering them however they may answer them, with them actually bringing up that subject into a discussion

I mean look at the guys tweets from last night;

I mean this is a guy who is essentially an ambassador for not only the UFC but the entire MMA sport. The fact that he's letting his feud between him and Bjorn get in between the growth of MMA overall is ridiculous.

How is it sad? McDonald's doesn't cheer for Burger King. Pepsi doesn't want Coke to do better.

It's a business.

Yeah fuck the car companies too. I always see ads where they talk about how their cars are better than the competitors.

How mean is that? They should all be nice and compliment each other.

Jeez people on here are retarded.

But in this case, it's Ferrari feeling the need to jab Lada.

Yeah fuck the car companies too. I always see ads where they talk about how their cars are better than the competitors.

How mean is that? They should all be nice and compliment each other.

Jeez people on here are retarded.

Totally different.

Yeah, just look in the mirror.

It was just some pathetic tweets. Those tweets would've gave Freud a boner for sure.

It's sad how blatantly Coke wants other soda companies to fail.

Terrible, embarrassingly naive and stupid post you've made, TS.

What's wrong with Dana tweeting about the fights on HBO last night?

i love his protectors the most. He had a company bought for him, then they bought all the talent that had been developed in Pride. Then they went over the top with TUF, a show he fought against making. He was gifted a monopoly of a market built by others, then we heard 5 years of, 'this is the man who built MMA, brought it out of the depths of despair...." Its been one lie after another, and a boatload of ego throughout, pissing many, many people worldwide off.... driving the product downwards when that didn't even seem possible. Selling watere down cards with lies that people have CAUGHT ON TO And now doing his best to kill MMA growth in other organizations. He's the death of MMA! He jumped on with all the toys, dollars and weapons as it was hitting its peak, and has done the impossible by turning millions of people off of it.

And 20% of guys on here will say, "You don't understand how business works!" when someone criticizes him.

truth. He's the Gary Bettman of MMA

To me it just showed that Dana ''is a boxing guy'' by the looks of that tweet.

Do you believe in Illumintati TS?

I don't see this so much as a dig at Bellator but simply that Dana is a still a big boxing fan and probably had money on those fights.

Plus why should we expect Dana to help promote Bellator's PPV at all. It's not like if you ran Wal-Mart you would recommend people catch the sale over at Target. It's a multi-million dollar business of course Dana wants his company to be the successful one.

I notice that people constantly confuse Dana (or even fighters for that matter) being asked questions by media members and answering them however they may answer them, with them actually bringing up that subject into a discussion

No one's forcing him to talk about Bjorn. He can say and not say whatever he wants. He chooses to talk about Bjorn and Bellator even if he's asked questions about them.

And I'm pretty sure I've heard him talk about Bellator and Bjorn before completely unprovoked.

What? Dana is a boxing fan, tweeting about a boxing match. He isn't going to promote a rival organization.

Dana openly promotes boxing and the negative Nancies on Sherdog decide he HATES Bellator with a burning passion and wants them to fail.

how dare him want competition to fail lol. a lot of things you could try to bitch about with Dana, those tweets are not one. not even close.

Bellator isn't even on the UFCs/Danas radar. they could crush them like a fucking bug as soon as they felt the slightest bit threatened.

Back