It's very sad how blatantly Dana wants other MMA orgs to fail

It's not about the UFC vs. the world; it's UFC v. Bellator. Bellator have tried to position themselves as direct competitors to the UFC when they really, really aren't at that level.
Bjorn does the same thing; it's just nobody cares about Bjorn.

Right now it's like NFL v. XFL.

9u9GNp7.jpg

Haha I cant believe ppl think like ts

You understand this is first and foremost a business for dw

And as much hate as he gets, hes one of the most influential and critical ppl in getting mma to where it is today

I dont like him as a person, but without him, mma wouldnt be where it is today

I truly believe they have a mutual respect for each other and both orgs realize there are benefits to being competitors.

I don't see anything mutual about their relationship. And it's hard to see Bellator competing with the UFC.

This is different. I dont mind when Dana explicitly criticizes another org, but these tweets are very transparently passive-aggressive digs. Something you'd expect a teenage girl to do and it makes me cringe that a grown man with so much power in the sport would do this. "look how little I care about you" type of stuff.

Oh my god stop whining you sound like teenage girl.

Dana is a huge fan of boxing. I'm pretty sure he's tweeted about like the last 5 JMM fights. This is nothing new.

MMA fans are the biggest bunch of babies. Who gives a fuck. Dana tweeted two things boo-fucking-hoo.

This is probably the stupidest thing to complain about ever.

yes tell me more about this MUTUAL respect for each other when he said this literally a few days ago

You can have mutual respect for a rival business but still talk boatloads shit about them.

I don't see anything mutual about their relationship. And it's hard to see Bellator competing with the UFC.

They're both the two biggest MMA promoters. I don't see how someone couldn't see the relationship between the two especially since they talk about each other all the time now.

I can't tell you for a fact that I'm right, that's just my opinion based off of what Dana has said numerous times about Bellator and Bjorn.

i love his protectors the most. He had a company bought for him, then they bought all the talent that had been developed in Pride. Then they went over the top with TUF, a show he fought against making. He was gifted a monopoly of a market built by others, then we heard 5 years of, 'this is the man who built MMA, brought it out of the depths of despair...." Its been one lie after another, and a boatload of ego throughout, pissing many, many people worldwide off.... driving the product downwards when that didn't even seem possible. Selling watere down cards with lies that people have CAUGHT ON TO And now doing his best to kill MMA growth in other organizations. He's the death of MMA! He jumped on with all the toys, dollars and weapons as it was hitting its peak, and has done the impossible by turning millions of people off of it.

And 20% of guys on here will say, "You don't understand how business works!" when someone criticizes him.

As a UFC fan, do they want me to watch boxing or not. This week they are telling me to watch it but during the Floyd card they were telling me not too. I'm so confused!

Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

Yeah fuck the car companies too. I always see ads where they talk about how their cars are better than the competitors.

How mean is that? They should all be nice and compliment each other.

Jeez people on here are retarded.

Yup, it is retarded when sports fans thing a sports league should be able to run itself like any over-privileged American businesses, like a car dealerships....

Fk the sport. business > sport... am I rite?

UFC should model itself more like WalMart, the best business in America. Am I rite?

Let Dana be Dana and just worry about yourself only.
You are not the boss of him.

Oh my god stop whining you sound like teenage girl.

Dana is a huge fan of boxing. I'm pretty sure he's tweeted about like the last 5 JMM fights. This is nothing new.

MMA fans are the biggest bunch of babies. Who gives a fuck. Dana tweeted two things boo-fucking-hoo.

This is probably the stupidest thing to complain about ever.

/Thread

i love his protectors the most. He had a company bought for him, then they bought all the talent that had been developed in Pride. Then they went over the top with TUF, a show he fought against making. He was gifted a monopoly of a market built by others, then we heard 5 years of, 'this is the man who built MMA, brought it out of the depths of despair...." Its been one lie after another, and a boatload of ego throughout, pissing many, many people worldwide off.... driving the product downwards when that didn't even seem possible. Selling watere down cards with lies that people have CAUGHT ON TO And now doing his best to kill MMA growth in other organizations. He's the death of MMA! He jumped on with all the toys, dollars and weapons as it was hitting its peak, and has done the impossible by turning millions of people off of it.

And 20% of guys on here will say, "You don't understand how business works!" when someone criticizes him.

LOL

Sad-Ygritte.gif

The UFC has created its competition because they are not willing to hold all the top fighters on their roster. They make cuts or enemies with some fighters that sign or jump ship to other orgs like WSOF or Bellator which gives them a roster. Not a great one but not terrible either.

I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying the way the media sees it, UFC = MMA, and Dana is a spokesperson now for the entire sport. Do you think the average person knows about Bellator or has even heard of Pride/Strikeforce/etc?

I imagine he would like to keep it that way too.

And I love the guys who criticize his fucking Twitter feed when there's nothing to criticize. The guy has a lot of faults, tweeting about boxing isn't one of them.

You can have mutual respect for a rival business but still talk boatloads shit about them.

They're both the two biggest MMA promoters. I don't see how someone couldn't see the relationship between the two especially since they talk about each other all the time now.

I can't tell you for a fact that I'm right, that's just my opinion based off of what Dana has said numerous times about Bellator and Bjorn.

I wasn't trying to be a dick, but they just don't seem even remotely in the same realm of business or exposure. That's why I don't think Dana has any mutual relationship with them. If the UFC is a lion eating a zebra, Bellator is a jackal waiting for the UFC to finish up and then get a couple little scraps.

Bellator being the second biggest promotion is really by default. Strikeforce was an interesting venture, but I haven't seen a true rival to the UFC since the fall of glorious Pride.

its funny how Dana White has more fans than any of his [remaining] fighters.

I mean look at the guys tweets from last night;

I mean this is a guy who is essentially an ambassador for not only the UFC but the entire MMA sport. The fact that he's letting his feud between him and Bjorn get in between the growth of MMA overall is ridiculous.

Whoa there! let't not get carried away. He never has and never will be an ambassador for mma. UFC yes whether people agree hes a good or bad one is debatable. He is all about promoting the brand and always will be. Let's not try to put him into saint hood. He is however a huge boxing fan but has a company to promote.

Somehow badmouthing Bellator without even mentioning them. Quite impressive.

Back