It's time for the UFC to have paid alternates...

Ûdun Ghuephd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's time the UFC better protected it's events and gave better value to fans wanting to see a live event. Injuries have been bad over the years and there hasn't been a fix in terms of camps or weight cuts.

So what the UFC should do IMO is sign a paid alternative fighter for the main and co-main event on all ppv, title and big name events. The alt should be announced and known to the fans and both fighters. Everyone will know that if X fighter gets injured or can't make weight, etc... That alternative fighter steps in.

As for that alt fighter, they get paid to go through camp and make weight the Friday before. Even if they don't fight, they get paid to be ready and on weight. I think this would go a long way to securing events for fans and for the fighters. Everyone knows who is fighting and who steps in if something happens.

What say you?

They are already doing it. Twice that i know of for sure. Renato Moicono was the back up for Max vs Ortega and Alexander Volkonovski was back up for Max vs Edgar.

Moicono missed weight so it would have been pointless anyway.

Ya they usually schedule contender fights in the division the main event is being held either on the same card or a card that is in the same time frame, usually a week or two give or take.

Just use holograms of Wes Sims as replacement fighters

They should use a live donating system ~~ If you think a fighter is doing well you can give them a tip during their fight on the card.

Why?

If they did that, guys like Michael Bisping and Al Iaquinta wouldn’t get title shots.

Why has no one ever thought of this before

TS you are an absolute genius

Should work for the UFC

They don't even like paying guys to fight.

Now I gotta pay an alternate to hang out and be ready, in the high hopes he won't even be needed? I'd rather fucking die. Die.

Back