It's so painfully obvious how bad the UFC wants Chandler to be champion

The UFC has had plenty of company guys and the total opposite hold belts. Chandler destroyed Hooker like he was light work and in the sport he's a veteran. I don't see any problem with his short climb.
Besides, at the end of the day he has to be the toughest in the division to get and keep the belt.

Is OP American? I wonder if there is more push for Oliveira in South American media? Pander to your audience kinda thing

He's white, and American... He would be a huge asset as champ.

It may be 2021, but marketability doesn't change much.

Lol! Right because white men in America right now are the darlings and are what companies are mainly wanting at the forefront. Just look at the advertisements! OVERFLOWING with white couples, families and white kids!

<DisgustingHHH>

And what Chandler is getting pales in comparison to the preferential treatment Nogannou gets. Especially before he fought Stipe the first time.

They are focus promoting the guy who has the higher chance of selling the product (Charles vs Chandler) to the market that actually pays for the product (US and Canada) . However the UFC is certainly also presenting Charles as a great fighter and legitimate contender who has an equal or greater chance (ufc is really focusing on betting odds in promotional work.

Egalitarism isn't a factor in sales and marketing

If anything I felt like UFC want Chandler out of the way somewhat, so might as well throw him into a title shot even at the risk he wins.

I don’t buy the whole he is white and American angle, not considering there is almost certain to be a white American 155 champ before too long with Poirier and Gaethje way in front of Makhachev in the que.

Just look at all the UFC video clips/promos they're cutting about him. Compare those to the ones they're cutting for Olives. I can't wait for Oliveira to "upset" this guy.
Oliviera is the favorite

Just look at all the UFC video clips/promos they're cutting about him. Compare those to the ones they're cutting for Olives. I can't wait for Oliveira to "upset" this guy.

That being said, I like Chandler a lot. He's got a good head on his shoulders. I don't fault him one bit for taking advantage of anything he can in this fight game. But the last thing the UFC wants is a guy like Oliveira who doesn't speak english well, isn't very marketable in the US, winning the vacant title. But the fact is, he's probably going to win because he's legit. The cream will always rise to the top. Let's go Olives.

ufc couldnt care less who wins. only casuals get worked up over promo videos or who gets more clicks on twitter.

The UFC is always gonna side with the more marketable fighter which is usually the native English speaker, with exceptions like Ngannou, Khabib, Khamzat, Weili etc.

Got nothing against Chandler, I just want a BJJ wizard to be champ and bring glory back to Brazil. Kind of feels like going back to the roots. Chandler's got an old-school style too though but I prefer Oliveira's BJJ/muay thai over Chandler's wrestling/boxing style.

Last edited:
Lol! Right because white men in America right now are the darlings and are what companies are mainly wanting at the forefront. Just look at the advertisements! OVERFLOWING with white couples, families and white kids!

<DisgustingHHH>

And what Chandler is getting pales in comparison to the preferential treatment Nogannou gets. Especially before he fought Stipe the first time.

You sound angry.

Thing is that not everyone is wild about having 3 "African" champs, a LHW with a scrabble surname, and so on.

Weidman had a massive push, so did Rockhold... Ngannou did because he was a freakshow - they're always marketable.

What people want to see, and what media forces on them are two different things a lot of the time...

Personally I'm more of a "best fighter should be champ" type, and I don't care much for social debate - I'm just saying this as an observer.

He's white, and American... He would be a huge asset as champ.

It may be 2021, but marketability doesn't change much.

This sounds like something the Reddit retards would say.

It has nothing to do with being white or American. The fans like Chandler because he seems like a genuine, good dude.

99.9% of fans cannot understand what Oliviera is saying and if you have the patience to slog through an interviewer asking him something....then his interpreter speaking a language you don't understand.....then Oliviera speaking in a language you don't understand.....then the interpreter finally giving a boring response......you realize he's just not that interesting anyway, outside of the ring.

This sounds like something the Reddit retards would say.

It has nothing to do with being white or American. The fans like Chandler because he seems like a genuine, good dude.

99.9% of fans cannot understand what Oliviera is saying and if you have the patience to slog through an interviewer asking him something....then his interpreter speaking a language you don't understand.....then Oliviera speaking in a language you don't understand.....then the interpreter finally giving a boring response......you realize he's just not that interesting anyway, outside of the ring.
I personally don't care about race stuff... But a shitload of people do.

You just said it - he speaks English, is a pleasure to interview, and would be about 10000x easier to promote to an American fanbase than another brazillian that doesnt speak good English.

Retard.

Best case scenario for the UFC is for Chandler to win the belt and Conor wins the trilogy leading to a title fight between them at the end of the year.

Is OP American? I wonder if there is more push for Oliveira in South American media? Pander to your audience kinda thing
I said in a thread yesterday oliveira is in the brazilian media 24/7 i doubt the ufc really cares about who wins this fight, neither is connor mcgregor who is a big draw everywhere. They are just doing their marketing to the usa public cause thats the market they are working with in the states duh

Yeah, why wouldn't they. Chandler would be one of the few champions who could make a boring, nice, mainstream appearance on, like, Good Morning America or Conan or whatever.

I said in a thread yesterday oliveira is in the brazilian media 24/7 i doubt the ufc really cares about who wins this fight, neither is connor mcgregor who is a big draw everywhere. They are just doing their marketing to the usa public cause thats the market they are working with in the states duh

Yeah I was curious about the narrative that the UFC always pushes the English speaking fighter, my suspicion being that this is claimed by English-speakers only consuming English media.

Never really rooted for oliveria and chandlers fights arent dull, but he himself is dull as fuck.

I do not wish to be hearing his mouth on the mic post fight.

Yeah I was curious about the narrative that the UFC always pushes the English speaking fighter, my suspicion being that this is claimed by English-speakers only consuming English media.
Yep, its basically that. They forgot the ufc is a worldwide company and they have various markets where they work with different marketing

I don't think UFC numbers are going to change much. How many fans are going to tune in for Chandler and not Oliveira? Chandlers family are the only people who would care.

Some poster said yesterday that it’s pretty much opposite in Brazil. Can anyone confirm?

And if true, how many Americans MMA fans would be willing to accept that they only have partial information, and therefore their conclusion could be wrong?!?

Back