Its shots like that

baby%20bottle%20i%20stock.JPG

.......Maybe Khan got caught up in the hype that says that hitting a man when he's down is the sport of the 21st century.

I know many posters here have bought the line.

Catching up...............

Ex-boxer gets 9 years on weapons charge

Carlton Elijah Tillery, 50, was convicted for shotgun hidden in toy

First published: Friday, March 21, 2008

ALBANY -- A 50-year-old for mer heavyweight boxer was given nine years in prison Thursday for hiding a sawed-off shotgun in a toy alligator -- and then cursed his attorney and the prosecutor.
``Burn in hell,'' muttered Carl ton Elijah Tillery as he was led out of Judge Stephen Herrick's court room in shackles.

The hulking Tillery, who lost twice to future champ Riddick Bowe in 1991, was convicted
of possessing the gun after a four-day trial in January.
Before the sentence was im posed, Tillery read a 12-page state ment that touched on everything from his teenage robbery convic tion to a quote from Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis.
Tillery argued he was convicted in January despite inconsistencies in the accounts of the police. ``Under oath must have a different meaning with police testifying,'' the ex-prizefighter told the judge. ``It broke my heart to see the deck stacked against me.''

Tillery, most recently living in Schenectady, expressed ire with his public defender, George Mehm, who advised Tillery to testify in his own defense. The lawyer had also relayed a plea offer from prosecu tors in which Tillery would have served 2

Yo, gimmie da Gator..... this mother fuckers gettin' ICED.

It was Bowe who intentionally threw and landed a shot after the rd ended with the ref stepping between them; Tillery responded to Bowe's foul with a good kick in the @$$, so why was Tillery DQ'ed, but not Bowe? Favoritism.
Later Tillery was going on saying his mama taught him some folks just need a good kick in the butt sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20jk-0iWna4

Tillery's was in the news just recently on weapons charges (sawed-off shotgun).
Plea offer from prosecutors where Tillery would have served 2 years, but he rejected the offer opting for trial. He was sentenced to 9 years instead.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?category=ALBANY&storyID=673926&BCCode=&newsdate=3/21/2008

Bowe sure was looking good at the time of their fight though.
Bowe and Rock Newman double-teaming Tillery.
Yep, never heard of Rock Newman before Bowe arrived on the scene, and never heard of Newman again after Bowe was done.
Bowe was often pretty dirty in there, but he was good. Wasted potential, he could have done so much more. Winning the linear Heavyweight Championship is a hell-of-an accomplishment...but he could have held it longer with more discipline.
coulda woulda shoulda.

Tuesday Night Fights was my favorite program.

EDIT: Whoa, couple of minutes too late, scorched by Kid McCoy.

I was a big fan of the champ, Sean O'Grady, and Albert as well.....

Back