Its sad by Cody is probably about done fighting

This is a problem with the UFC... in boxing when a champ takes his first loss by ko/tko his management knows better than to throw him back in there against the same guy or another dangerous guy.

Heck even Mike Tyson had two "easy" fights before challenging someone dangerous again.

In the UFC, since the promotion is also the manager, they care more about the $$ earned in the rematch than extending careers.

again, you must not have read anything. Is someone helping you write these responses? Be honest.

Cody himself said he was probably going to be done soon, BEFORE he was starched again by his biggest rival. I'm sure you are like 14 so you dont know this yet, but serious back problems never truly go 100% away. Especially for elite athletes.

Its not just me saying "haha cody lost twice. hes DONE!" there are actual reasons for it being a possibility.

lol@ no legitimate points. youre a fucking idiot
A lot of assumptions in one post.

This is a problem with the UFC... in boxing when a champ takes his first loss by ko/tko his management knows better than to throw him back in there against the same guy or another dangerous guy.

Heck even Mike Tyson had two "easy" fights before challenging someone dangerous again.

In the UFC, since the promotion is also the manager, they care more about the $$ earned in the rematch than extending careers.
This plus whoever is his manager. No shame in rebuilding esp an emotional guy like Garbrandt, should have let him wreck a can to rebuild his confidence, make money (I reckon his salary would have still been $200,000 regardless of opponent) leading up to a big rematch where he would have garnished another $200,000 win or lose.

Done? He lost to one of the best in the world , he's not even 30 yet .. If every fighter retired after a loss or two we would be doomed

A lot of assumptions in one post.

Not sure you know what the definition of assumption is.

Cody saying he is not fighting much longer: literal fact

Cody having serious major back issues: literal fact

Cody losing twice to the champ in his division and the guy he hates more than anyone: literal fact

Cody only lost twice and that's against arguably the best bantamweight in the world and people act like he's done.

Sherdog gonna Sherdog.

Pretty much. Cody is far from done and I think I’d be willing to bet on him if they ever rematch. He needs to fight TJ like he fought Dominick Cruz

Not sure you know what the definition of assumption is.

Cody saying he is not fighting much longer: literal fact

Cody having serious major back issues: literal fact

Cody losing twice to the champ in his division and the guy he hates more than anyone: literal fact
Do YOU know what the definition of assumption is?

Here's what I was refering to:

"again, you must not have read anything. Is someone helping you write these responses? Be honest."

"I'm sure you are like 14 so you dont know this yet"

Those are assumptions.

You're a fuckin moron. Literal fact.

This is exactly why the UFC shouldn’t book immediate title rematches.

A young, marketable fighter looks like he’s “out of options” in a weight class because he has now lost back to back fights to the champ. Instead of properly building anticipation to a rematch, they rush it which:

- Burns out fans who have to now sit through back-to-back promotion for the same fight
- Slows down division and makes other viable contenders sit on the shelf or take risky fights preventing fresh matchups from happening
- Prevents natural storylines from organically developing which is necessary to get fans invested (Dillashaw’s 2nd title reign, Cody’s rode to redemption)

And what did they get out of this? 1 main event for a PPV that likely won’t crack 200K buys? What a complete waste. JJ is now in a similar situation after the Rose fights and many others have been as well. Immediate title rematches are one of the worst parts of modern MMA and need to go ASAP. The only one that was ever justified IMO was Shogun vs Machida

Do YOU know what the definition of assumption is?

Here's what I was refering to:

"again, you must not have read anything. Is someone helping you write these responses? Be honest."

"I'm sure you are like 14 so you dont know this yet"

Those are assumptions.

You're a fuckin moron. Literal fact.

Lel you're upset

Shows how incredible TJ is. I've been saying it for a while, he is the most skilled MMA fighter of all time (or 2nd after Jon Jones).

Shows how incredible TJ is. I've been saying it for a while, he is the most skilled MMA fighter of all time (or 2nd after Jon Jones).

He lost to Cruz when Cruz had 2 fights in 4 years slow your roll..

He lost to Cruz when Cruz had 2 fights in 4 years slow your roll..

Controversial decision and Cruz is just that good. Don't just look at arbitrary numbers, watch the fighters and what they do in the cage. The layoff didn't slow down Cruz whatsoever.

Controversial decision and Cruz is just that good. Don't just look at arbitrary numbers, watch the fighters and what they do in the cage. The layoff didn't slow down Cruz whatsoever.

I know I am a huge Dominic fan. I’m still hoping he can come back and reclaim that title. TJ is a great great fighter. But I am not ready to put him up there with some of the all-time great’s of the sport. Not yet. He has more to do.

Cody went 3 months without sex for this fight. I feel for him. I haven’t gone 1 month without my girl swallowing my load. I know what he has gone through. Hope he recovers from this.

He knows his strength but knowing weakness is very important too. He is prone to KOs this with light chin. Needs to work on his D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back