It's really good that Rousey vs. Holm is happening next...

agree. ronda vs tate 3 is pointless. i'm not paying $60 to see that shit again.

So you'll keep paying for 40 second fights over someone who at least puts up an effort vs. Rousey....

I guess this is what the UFC has become.

Dana just loves this system. Little risk for his star, it keeps getting great numbers despite the content being a complete waste of time, theres dozens of future WMMA fighters that can keep filling this fodder role.....awesome.

.....just showing a picture of Cyborg with absolutely no words pushing the event other than "this will fight Ronda Rousey" would sell PPV ten times more effectively than a skinny housewife looking Holm.

I think Holm has a great body.

It's an interesting stylistic match up. I've been wanting to see how Ronda handles a real striker. Hopefully it's competitive.

clinch, throw, submission. Holly hasn't exactly dominated. There is no one at 135 to fight Ronda.

meh. she's a big girl and she has some heavy kicks but they're pretty slow and i doubt ronda will have much problem with it. ronda throws her quickly and armbar rnd 1. same ole thang.

She's gotta great booty for 34.

I won't even bother to talk about ronda anymore, ppl here seems to enjoy this kind of mismatch and praise ronda like she is beating somekind of alien enemy from marvel universe.

What a stupid f@cking fight. HH is not experienced enough to be in there with R3.

let's be honest, does anyone actually remember any holm fights? as much as the tate fight was uninteresting, this is a whole different level

Holly_Holm_vs._Allanna_Jones.gif

holly almost loses to raquel pennington (lol) and then runs around throwing odd looking jabs and kicks for 3 rounds against marion reneau (lol) and gets a title shot vs ronda?

she would get smashed by any of ronda's previous opponents let alone ronda herself

What a stupid f@cking fight. HH is not experienced enough to be in there with R3.

Holly Holm - first fight March 4, 2011
Ronda Rousey - first fight August 6, 2010, first pro fight March 27, 2011
Sara McMann - fist fight May 28, 2011

You can argue that she lacks the skill set but it would be tough to argue that she lacks combat sports experience. She has a similar level of experience to other lifelong combat athletes like Rousey and McMann.

Will watch, but I don't give Holly much chance. She's definitely a better striker than RR, but she's not a KO artist by any means and I don't think she has the power to put Ronda down. As such, her only real path to victory is staying out of grappling exchanges for 5 rounds while also not letting RR put hands on her, as Ronda does have pretty significant power. Maybe if she could land a solid high kick it could change the course of the fight, but my guess is she goes down R2 at most.

Did you seriously just compare Holm to DC?

Prior to fighting Jones, DC pretty much dominated everyone he fought, including bigger guys at HW. Meanwhile Holly edged out two very unimpressive decisions against two crappy fighters. Stop trying to justify her title shot and just admit that shes another can that Rousey will crush. All the casual fans will continue to gush over how Ronda just destroys her opposition in under a minute. UFC wanted her to continue her streak of sub 1 minute victories. They knew Tate would put up a better fight and would probably last till the second or third round. Nunes is a much more dangerous opponent so they wanted to avoid her as well.

Did you seriously just compare Holm to DC?

Prior to fighting Jones, DC pretty much dominated everyone he fought, including bigger guys at HW. Meanwhile Holly edged out two very unimpressive decisions against two crappy fighters. Stop trying to justify her title shot and just admit that shes another can that Rousey will crush. All the casual fans will continue to gush over how Ronda just destroys her opposition in under a minute. UFC wanted her to continue her streak of sub 1 minute victories. They knew Tate would put up a better fight and would probably last till the second or third round. Nunes is a much more dangerous opponent so they wanted to avoid her as well.

I'm going to take this post as an admission that you are incapable of understanding what DC was being referenced for.

The UFC is trying to sell PPVs, but they aren't trying to set Rousey up against the easiest opponents they can find. If you think so you are delusional and ignoring the fact that no woman has a resume of opponents and wins over them stronger than Rousey does.

Back