Its official the PFA has been established! Aug 11th 2016

tucan89

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Huge day in MMA history

I've seen post about this but only about it being in the works, my bad if someone already posted about it being official but if not here it is...

Gotta give the Fertittas credit, they knew exactly when to cash in their chips and bail.

Nice. This will lead to better and more exciting fights.

lets see what happens - the key is to get a lot of people involved, and its not going to be easy - zuffa will still bea minority share owner and they are not novices when it comes to this stuff

and they have how many current UFC fighters signed up? zero?

I asked this question in another thread but didn't get a response. What could a union do for fighters, besides preventing a stupid deal like the reebok one?

So is fighters gonna fight on pfa? Lol or is it just a union where people will try to sue the ufc?

Most union deals hurt the people who stand out at the top and help the ones who are dragging down the bottom and bring little or no change to the ones in the middle. Less money for Conor, less fighters getting cut for being shit and streamline pay in the middle.

Nice. This will lead to better and more exciting fights.
Yup, just like the NFL NBA and MLB. As soon as they were collectively bargaining the games started to suck and the leagues tanked.

Huge day in MMA history

I've seen post about this but only about it being in the works, my bad if someone already posted about it being official but if not here it is...

1. It was the 11th, YESTERDAY
2. Did you seriously miss the numerous threads about it since YESTERDAY
3. There was already the MMA Fighters Association

oh

PFA_new-03.png

4. They are probably going to get sued by the UFC by using an octagon in their logo (UFC own trademarks to octagon cage, octagon mat, and octagon logo)

So is fighters gonna fight on pfa? Lol or is it just a union where people will try to sue the ufc?
Cuz the ufc doesn't get sued and fighters don't really want to fight?

It will be a long & slow road for development. UFC is the strong arm & will cash favors for those that don't join & dish out sh*t to anyone who does.

Back