It's Official: Nam Phan picks Cormier.

What is Nam Phans pick record? Must be pretty horrible b/c this is like the 10th mention of it that ive seen. haha

20-24, as of last year, err 2 years ago I guess. Happy New Year! http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/sherdog-coms-pros-picks-best-worst-2530741/

Incidentally, I had known he picked Melendez over Pettis to make his record even worse.

This was his comment:

Nam Phan: Melendez will win. He’s going to grind him out for sure.

I think he'll be wrong yet again on this pick. Originally I thought it could really go either way, with Jones using his reach and diversity to pick Cormier apart, or Cormier his speed and strength to throw Jones around. But in thinking about it more, Jones is super dangerous on the inside with his elbows. If Cormier doesn't get him down quick, and he's allowed to work those things along the fence, enabled by his good tdd, one could be a fight changer. Then Cormier's speed and overall ability, is proven against old guys and heavyweights, i.e.: Mir, Barnett, Henderson, etc. Even if he gets inside and gets Jones down, do we know Jones doesn't pose dangers with his guard considering his talent and long legs? He just hasn't been down there much. With all things considered, I think Jones should be a moderate, -150 to -200 favorite.

Mind you with all these pro's pick collections, you see considerable bias. They are biased toward style and likeability. Wrestlers seem to be loyal to other wrestlers often because they have a maligned style. And Cormier certainly has the likeability. So pros picking Cormier 2-1 doesn't mean much to me.

1401893068-3voodoodol-o.jpg

Pham is really only just sub .500

Gabe Reuediger also picked Cormier and his ~.850
JJ Abrose is ~.950

I haven't seen Jason Dent's pick, but the only significant fight he got wrong was Machida vs. Weidman.

JJ Abrose is ~.950

I haven't seen Jason Dent's pick, but the only significant fight he got wrong was Machida vs. Weidman.

That's because everyone wanted Lyoto to win.

We really ought to keep track of these pro's pick things if people are going to do them before every major fight. Would be interesting to see something like "Dominick Cruz (.758) sez RDA is going to spank Diaz".

I pick 94.7 percent of my picks correctly. Jon Jones is the sharp bet in this fight

JJ Abrose is ~.950

He's like 40-45% by now, and that's pretty incredible with a significant sample and when often times one fighter is a major fave. With a 45-fight sample, you should hit around 30 at least. 20 is a joke.

But guys, what about the Madden curse? Any athlete who appears on an EA Sports video game covers goes on a down slope.

That's because everyone wanted Lyoto to win.

We really ought to keep track of these pro's pick things if people are going to do them before every major fight. Would be interesting to see something like "Dominick Cruz (.758) sez RDA is going to spank Diaz".

Look up a few post. Ippy and I tabulated ALL the pro picks up until early last year.
Dent was the best, BY FAR! I think he was 100% going into the Machida/Chris fight.

He's like 40-45% by now, and that's pretty incredible with a significant sample and when often times one fighter is a major fave. With a 45-fight sample, you should hit around 30 at least. 20 is a joke.

Considering he takes the underdog over 75% of the time not that bad huh

If you pay attention to Pham's picks, he's not breaking them down. He's picking like a fan or based on who he knows/wants to know in the biz. He'll pick who is popular, not favored. Pham's picks shouldn't be taken seriously one way or the other.

If you pay attention to Pham's picks, he's not breaking them down. He's picking like a fan or based on who he knows/wants to know in the biz. He'll pick who is popular, not favored. Pham's picks shouldn't be taken seriously one way or the other.

I was just responding to your comment that he's only just below .500. The factor of not taking it seriously aside, his record is quite terrible.

Aren't that great.

We need a shoop of Pham added to the Lyoto,Anderson Money gif

I was just responding to your comment that he's only just below .500. The factor of not taking it seriously aside, his record is quite terrible.

Gotcha. yeah, he is horrendous.
I honestly don't know how many of these fighters are even fans of the fights.

Well he did pick Weidman to win against Silva the 2nd time I think? So there's still hope.

Back