Its Official: Holly Holmes is the greatest current draw

I don't understand the Fight Valley numbers - $3000 would be a really bad opening weekend but it depends upon how many screens it was showing at. Where do the stats come from?
Really bad is an understatement. I think absolute garbage opening weekend is more like it. Anything less than several hundred thousand isn't even moving the second hand of Hollywood's clock.

Dude, where do you live where there are four times as many women as men?

I was wondering when someone would say something about that. I'd bet my house there is no country in the world like that. Women outnumber men by something more like 55/45, and most of that discrepancy is the over 55 crowd since men die younger. The guy who said 4/1 is getting his statistics from... Well, probably from sherdog. Lol

Last edited:
ally bad is an understatement. I think absolute garbage opening weekend is more like it. Anything less than several hundred thousand isn't even moving the second hand of Hollywood's clock.

Even if it opened at only one screen - that would still be only 150 or so people seeing it over 3 days. This is a movie which will likely show up on Showtime sometime soon. I can't imagine how people make money on these things.

rightfully so
jQjTEYd3cny6s.gif

CandidPlaintiveFox.gif

ImAoVPj.gif

giphy.gif

Top Draws are - Holly Holmes, Rhonda Rousey, Connor MacGregor, Brook Lesnar, George St. Pierre, Anderson Silver, and John Jones.

Even if it opened at only one screen - that would still be only 150 or so people seeing it over 3 days. This is a movie which will likely show up on Showtime sometime soon. I can't imagine how people make money on these things.
Yeah, I was wondering if $3000 was some kind of typo. Almost has to be. I tried looking it up but IMDB and the next couple websites I went to dont have the numbers. However at a $27 million budget, it better have done a few hundred thousand on opening weekend. IMDB rates it over a 5, which isnt too abysmal

Yeah, I was wondering if $3000 was some kind of typo. Almost has to be. I tried looking it up but IMDB and the next couple websites I went to dont have the numbers. However at a $27 million budget, it better have done a few hundred thousand on opening weekend. IMDB rates it over a 5, which isnt too abysmal

A lot of movies are never really released to exhibitors but go straight to cable (they used to go straight to home video). Others make the rounds of film festivals. This could be a film festival situation or perhaps it was released only in Albuquerque.
I see a lot of movies listed on Showtime that I am pretty sure never made to the theaters.
Again, I don't see how they make any money this way.
It may be that the main source of money is the investors just as I am sure that screenwriters make more money teaching screenwriting classes and selling books about screenwriting than they make selling screenplays.

I went to the film's website and they listed a lot of theaters where the movie is playing as of July 22 - the $3000 must be a typo.

Back