It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California

So? maybe take into account that some people actually care for democracy and not the party they tend to favor.
Not sure but you may not have caught what I was trying to say.

As an example, a ton of people on my Facebook feed are doing the "IF IT WAS POPULAR VOTE HILLARY WOULD HAVE WON! WAHWAH!" thing.. while my brain goes:
"If it was popular vote wouldn't the demographics of who came out to vote potentially change?

So, we have the Philadelphia area highlighted, right? Can you tell me how much Philadelphia monetarily contributes to the rest of the state? BTW, it's major Democratic there.

Oh, add Camden over in Jersey to that scenario, too.

Philadelphia contributes about 40% of the entire state of PA's $32B in annual tax revenue.

That doesn't really help your argument.

Not sure but you may not have caught what I was trying to say.

As an example, a ton of people on my Facebook feed are doing the "IF IT WAS POPULAR VOTE HILLARY WOULD HAVE WON! WAHWAH!" thing.. while my brain goes:
"If it was popular vote wouldn't the demographics of who came out to vote potentially change?

Good point, there is no guarantee that Hillary would had gone popular.

Popular vote would destroy political parties, so i dont have much hope for Democratic party to push for its dissolution either.

Lol @Jack V Savage going full retard and wanting to change how the electoral system works just because his candidate got spanked.

The irony is that a bunch of freaks and outcasts won her the popular vote.

I wonder if all the people crying about the EC in this thread have actually contacted their Representative and 2 Senators about introducing legislation to get rid of it. Seems like that would at least be better than an everlasting supply of tears.

The EC is supposed to obstruct democracy.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." attributed (though not without debate) to Alexander Tytler

Last edited:
The EC is actually outdated and undemocratic and before you whine like little girls I've been saying this for over 10 years. It's goofy to have 50 mini elections and to have disproportionate weight given to a single vote based on the state you live in (a vote in Wisconsin carries almost 3 times more electoral weight than a vote in California).

Electoral votes should be awarded by tax revenue, not population.

That'll solve a lot a whole lot of problems.

If you want more of a say, contribute more to society. Breeding is more of a drain that a boon anymore.

As a side effect, the election will be very exciting each campaign because the number of electors would fluctuate with the markets so things won't even be so predictable.

I disagree, but that would certainly be interesting. Parts of the country with struggling economies would be in more need of help but would be less likely to get it. Note how our current flawed system has everyone concerned about the Rust Belt, even though those states are not objectively as deserving of attention. It distorts policy in ways that are harmful to the nation, and apportioning votes by revenue contribution would do the same but worse.

The EC is actually outdated and undemocratic and before you whine like little girls I've been saying this for over 10 years. It's goofy to have 50 mini elections and to have disproportionate weight given to a single vote based on the state you live in (a vote in Wisconsin carries almost 3 times more electoral weight than a vote in California).
Well at least you didn't pull the "EC is racist" card.
Have you contacted your Representative and 2 Senators about introducing legislation to get rid of it?

Doesn't surprise. California is full of illegals and doesn't enforce voter laws

Holy moly is that dumb. If you don't count a lot of people who voted for Clinton, Trump would have won the popular vote. That's like saying that if you don't count the rounds that Woodley won, Thompson would be the champ. Take both California and Appalachia out of the picture, and Clinton still wins.

Take away the dreamers and illegal voters in the southwest too...

I actually lived in california.

This election was the nation's rejection of commiefornia and their insane ideas. It really is the asshole of the United States
As a NorCal resident, I can vouch for this. Once you get away from the urban areas, it's not so bad, though. I'm in the Sierra's and it's definitely not Clinton country.

Californians breed like rats in socal lol.

Back