It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California

I was discussing this with Denter. If you're distrustful of democracy, the solution would be electing electors on the basis of respect for their judgment rather than electors who are pledged to a candidate. If you believe that we can democratically elect a president, a popular vote makes the most sense. The current system is just a dated relic that isn't intelligently designed to serve any modern purpose.

yea the way we have it working now is silly. i dont think its the downfall of democracy and a call for revolution like trump said, but i would prefer a system like the UK has.

Wrong. It gives each state a fair share in the election based on size. Maine 1 vote, Cali 55. Maine is not controlling shit as it has 1 vote to Cali's 55.

Maine has a small fraction of the voters (also, you're wrong about how many electors it has). But the electoral college gives votes disproportionate to numbers, thus allowing a region that has fewer people to determine the outcome. Particularly, it was designed to give the South a disproportionate voice.

The system works fine and it works exactly as it was designed to work. I see no issue.

LOL! Until two months ago, majorities in both parties supported moving to a national popular vote (and had for a long time), but all of a sudden, support for that plunged among Republicans. It's almost like there's no principled reason to support it.

Personally, given that they almost always went the same way, I didn't care about changing it, but after the first election where the more popular candidate by a large margin lost, that should be revisited.

It's Official:
Trump will be President

It's Official:
Republicans are in total control

It's Official:
The system will not change

It's Official:
People like to bitch and moan about everything

Maine has a small fraction of the voters (also, you're wrong about how many electors it has). But the electoral college gives votes disproportionate to numbers, thus allowing a region that has fewer people to determine the outcome. Particularly, it was designed to give the South a disproportionate voice.

Sorry, 4 electors, my fault. But my point still is correct. You would have to add up multiple states, with different laws to get to a count of 55 like Cali has. If the EC was gone, Cali would control a much larger portion of the vote, which would mute most smaller and middle sized states.

Sorry, 4 electors, my fault. But my point still is correct. You would have to add up multiple states, with different laws to get to a count of 55 like Cali has. If the EC was gone, Cali would control a much larger portion of the vote, which would mute most smaller and middle sized states.

so since trump won in this manner, youre all of the sudden an expert on the ec lol.

if clinton had won in this way, there would be no end to the conspiracy theories posted in the wr. or on trump's twitter page. im thoroughly enjoying the mental gymnastics going on from him, and his minions.

one minute they literally screaming "revolution" over the prospect of losing via the electoral, and the next theyre coming up with what they think are all these high minded values of the ec, and pasting supportive youtube vids everywhere.

If you don't count a lot of people who voted for Clinton, Trump would have won the popular vote. That's like saying that if you don't count the rounds that Woodley won, Thompson would be the champ.
If it was a single round (or single state) and if the round was won dirty (illegals voting)

it wouldnt be that dumb to point out.

in other words, trump destroyed clinton .. it was a landslide .. won pv out of 49 states combined .. total ass woopin .. no mercy .. and then you have that county win disparity .. this graphic says it all ..

C0HkfOIUoAAFmRF.jpg

C0HkitSUkAEPwXy.jpg

so since trump won in this manner, youre all of the sudden an expert on the ec lol.

if clinton had won in this way, there would be no end to the conspiracy theories posted in the wr. or on trump's twitter page. im thoroughly enjoying the mental gymnastics going on from him, and his minions.

one minute they literally screaming "revolution" over the prospect of losing via the electoral, and the next theyre coming up with what they think are all these high minded values of the ec, and pasting supportive youtube vids everywhere.

If Clinton would have won this way we would have sucked it up and that would have been that. You liberals are acting so out of touch with reality it is really making you people look very bad.

If the EC was gone Cali Republican votes would be counted and therefore Cali wouldnt be worth as much for Democrats as it is now. Your argument is retarded.

in other words, trump destroyed clinton .. it was a landslide .. won pv out of 49 states combined .. total ass woopin .. no mercy .. and then you have that county win disparity .. this graphic says it all ..

C0HkfOIUoAAFmRF.jpg

C0HkitSUkAEPwXy.jpg

haf-of-us-population-county-map.png

If the EC was gone Cali Republican votes would be counted and therefore Cali wouldnt be worth as much for Democrats as it is now. Your argument is retarded.

Here we go again. Cali would have given Hillary the Presidency. What in the actual fuck are you talking about?

30/50 states, 5200/5300 countries....but California should pick our president...

C0HkfOIUoAAFmRF.jpg

C0HkitSUkAEPwXy.jpg

meh....

15623631_1247934658634326_2645462565982830592_n.jpg

If Clinton would have won this way we would have sucked it up and that would have been that. You liberals are acting so out of touch with reality it is really making you people look very bad.

Well you shouldnt, candidates winning without achieving a majority is not a good thing for democracy.

Back