It's official, Ben Rothwell vs JDS on UFC Zagreb

Three years ago this fight would have been a massive joke. Rothwell would get KO'd by mid-tier HW's and JDS was putting everyone to sleep. Fast forward a couple of years and the Overeem fight really showed where JDS is at mentally. Those Valasquez fights aged JDS physically, and coupled with the shelf time, put doubt in his mind about his own power and ability to take a shot.

I'm sure he's in the gym angrily looking to redeem himself, and I still think he has the power and speed to beat Rothwell to the punch every time, but I think it's a bad match up for him now based on the cross road they are both at. Rothwell's confidence is stupidly inflated and JDS is mildly punch drunk and tentative. I hope he puts Rothwell away, but this isn't a good fight for him atm. He needs a Mitrione or Arlovski fight to build himself up as he hasn't looked confident since the Hunt fight.

ill be there :D expecting fireworks, if rothwell gets over JDS nobody can dispute his no1 contender status. ufc should stop this immediate rematch bullshit rule

Awesome fight. I think JDS will tag Ben and stop him. Also this card has 5 HW fights on it so far.

so Miocic loses to JDS and then beats two guys who are shot and old and gets booked for a title shot and Rothwell finishes 4 guys in a row including overeem and the super tough barnett and he gets passed over?/

What the hell I don't like rothewell at all since he beat up an overweight Autistc wrestling fan 10 years ago but they are screwing him big time here
Rothwell didn't look good against Barnett before the choke. That was about as slow a pita-pata fight as we've seen at HW and neither looked in form. Taking into account both are aged, bloated HW's with a history of supplement abuse that were now required to piss clean.

It was like Arlovski's win against Mir - it was a big name win to add to his winning streak but he needed another tough fight to validate the resurgence. We all saw how that ended.

The United States will conquer Brazil in Croatia! #InternationalLaw

Rothwell didn't look good against Barnett before the choke. That was about as slow a pita-pata fight as we've seen at HW and neither looked in form. Taking into account both are aged, bloated HW's with a history of supplement abuse that were now required to piss clean.

It was like Arlovski's win against Mir - it was a big name win to add to his winning streak but he needed another tough fight to validate the resurgence. We all saw how that ended.

I would agree with you and I do somewhat agree but the fact of the matter is that that's how Rothwell normally fights

Besides to me it looks like he is physically stronger now than he was before when Hunt was able to control him

JDS by KO. Rothell's run was great but he is at a massive speed disatvantage here. Even with "faded" JDS.

I like this fight. JDS has to win this to save his career.

Horrible match making.

Ben deserves his title shot. i guess stipe fans are happy

We just talked about JDS' upgrade in his gf, some 24 yr old tv girl
Junior-Dos-Santos-Girlfriend-Isadora-Santos-pic.jpg

With this girl in his life, he lost to EcnoReem.

Rothwell has had his wife
Zb8C5F7Yk6ThS.gif

She makes sure he's eating right and taken care of, and Rothwell needs that, otherwise he'd neglect it.

JDS is having too much fun w/ that 24 yr old hottie to train properly. Rothwell got his wife to keep him in check. Rothwell gonna win by 2nd round pre-nump

so Miocic loses to JDS and then beats two guys who are shot and old and gets booked for a title shot, yet Rothwell finishes 4 guys in a row including overeem and the super tough barnett and he gets passed over?/

Yeah I really don't understand.

JDS is going down! and sadly Ben will still be nowhere near the belt.

I was disappointed with JDS for that 'performance' he had last time.

I favor Ben in this.

So, JDS loses to Reem, who got beaten by Rothwell, and for that JDS gets awarded a fight against Rothwell. Makes sense.

Back