1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

It's not only the time you spend, but the number of cycles you spend

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by elwani, Jan 13, 2022 at 3:30 AM.

1. XNYHCX Old New York

Our minds need downtime. But many people don't want to face the silence. So we fill every moment with some manner of occupation.

elwani likes this.
  2. elwani Instigate, dominate, annihilate

The thing I am realizing is the utility of filling it with something that leaves a lot of spare cycles and allows (or even encourages) the mind to wander

3. StoneColdSteveAustin Gold Belt

You should start talking to people in real life about the Bagel Boss guy or former poster BANCHAN

4. XNYHCX Old New York

That's what I mean by down time. Time not filling your mind with information or entertainment. Time just letting the thoughts drain. It allows you to thoroughly process (like a turbo charger reburning the fumes). And like you said, you remember little details to come back to. Whether about people, or things you left undone, or suddenly solving something you didn't have a solution to. Quieting the mind is essential.

5. FyrFytr998 Dig Your Way Out (2021)

I hate when I reference Sherdog humor in conversation and get a blank stare.
    <Huh2>

Like, bitch, this cracks most folks up on the Dog. You obviously lack taste in good humor.

Hellowhosthat likes this.