Economy It's Not Just Low Income Jobs That Are At Risk Of Automation...

Part of keeping their brand strong is keeping competitors out. A greater regulatory burden allows already established companies to do that.

No one cares about your emotional argument or anecdotes.

Edit nvm stoned...

Last edited:
Honestly man it comes across like you're training firefighters by having them do drills swimming in the ocean.

I'm not saying we can't try to find people jobs. I'm just saying that as a solution to mass unemployment having obsolete people finding jobs as your main objective seems to be like swimming in the ocean in training to put out a fire.

Getting people jobs that don't required a person is like getting your dog to format your computer. As a plan it's just woefully bad.

do you think we should also stop educating the masses, too?

Also this idea that we need everything perfect in order to prepare for mass technological advancements isn't really well thought out either.
This is a fair criticism, I have a tendency of making perfect the enemy of good.

Anything with alot of repetition can be automated. That's what machines are good at.

This is why I am a anarcho-syndicalist.

Automation is a good thing if it leads to shorter work days.

Automation a bad thing, if it destroys jobs.

The question of automation is who is going to benefit from it.

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/133986013/

The thing is, that's wrong. It's not just low-skill/low-pay jobs that will be affected by automation. How about robot surgery?

"The first da Vinci (Intuitive Surgical Inc.) robotic-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy (RALP) was performed in 2000 by Binder.6 Since then, the robots have taken over radical prostatectomy surgery in the United States, and have also gradually invaded Canada. In 2007, only Edmonton, Alberta; London, Ontario; and Montreal, Quebec were performing RALP.7 So far in 2014, there are over 23 active daVinci surgical robots in Canada. In this month’s CUAJ, Tholomier and colleagues8 published the largest 5-year Canadian experience to date, with over 720 RALP performed with excellent oncologic outcomes. The benefits of robotic surgery include magnified, high definition visualization, excellent range of motion and elimination of tremor, and surgeon comfort at a seated console.9 Having performed a number of robotic surgeries, I can attest to these benefits. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4081240/

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.
I'll read up on this and respond sometime tomorrow.

Didn't happen, but note that almost all of the lobbying there was *against* regulations or to change the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act that was already coming, and to some extent reflected a battle between grocery stores and suppliers (grocery stores are fucked by outbreaks of foodborne illnesses). Not sure if there are any real examples of corporations actually lobbying to increase regs on their industry as opposed to trying to weaken proposed regs, but the idea of it is a cute attempt to convert anti-corporate sentiment into pro-corporate action.

So... Where does my dick go?

It's less about sticking your dick into it, and more about sticking your dick into other things and letting it defend you if you stick it somewhere it shouldn't go.

Sure, but most people swipe their own credit card nowadays.

And then casually open the door with their bare hand on the way out. The same door all of the stink-palmers have been grabbing.

Shit is everywhere, wash regularly.

Once we can teach the machines to design, create, program, and direct new machines so we don't have to, we'll really be on easy street.

Didn't happen, but note that almost all of the lobbying there was *against* regulations or to change the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act that was already coming, and to some extent reflected a battle between grocery stores and suppliers (grocery stores are fucked by outbreaks of foodborne illnesses). Not sure if there are any real examples of corporations actually lobbying to increase regs on their industry as opposed to trying to weaken proposed regs, but the idea of it is a cute attempt to convert anti-corporate sentiment into pro-corporate action.

Glad to see you caught this. I was getting ready to address the fact that, no matter how often right-libertarians repeat that dog shit claim or how much sense it may make if you don't think about it, there is basically no evidence of it. It's self-serving mythology. That corporate fiduciaries and shareholders would actively reduce/inhibit profits just to shrink the market in the long term is absurd and completely inconsistent with the corporate form.

@Anung Un Rama

Yeah of course. Tbe paper pushing is actually easier to automate. Europe and places witb high standards of living need to stop unchecked migration NOW, and being to get ready to handle this wave that will threaten quality of life.

Back