It's not gassed, it's called Knocked.

Erdz

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I see silly comments from people everywhere saying Cigano got gassed blah blah.

But reality is, I'd love to see all you people take a king hit like what he took from Cain, and then keep going, stuffing takedowns, and still threatening with some boxing.

That is all a testament to JDS's cardio, getting king hit like that does so much to your body MENTALLY and physically that many many of you will never know of. Afterall the fight game is 90% mentality.

I know this may seem funny to a lot of you keyboard warriors that think you know what the fight game is like, but after seeing what JDS overcame after that first round, he has the best cardio IMO.

Except he gassed before he was knocked.

Naw man. I wouldn't say he gassed, but he was starting to breath heavy a bit before the punch. It was the takedown attempts. All that ragdolling wore him down and kept him off balance. Cain didn't give him a chance to find a rhythm, fighting or breathing. Big props to Randy St. Velaquez for EXCELLENT game-planning and utilization of strengths.

I see silly comments from people everywhere saying Cigano got gassed blah blah.

But reality is, I'd love to see all you people take a king hit like what he took from Cain, and then keep going, stuffing takedowns, and still threatening with some boxing.

That is all a testament to JDS's cardio, getting king hit like that does so much to your body MENTALLY and physically that many many of you will never know of. Afterall the fight game is 90% mentality.

I know this may seem funny to a lot of you keyboard warriors that think you know what the fight game is like, but after seeing what JDS overcame after that first round, he has the best cardio IMO.

How can you call that cardio though? Even though he was still standing for 5 rounds, he was completely out of the fight offensively. That's not particularly an advantage if he can't come back at some point. I would call that heart instead.

I wouldnt say he gassed but cain did force him to go in his pace.

JDS just wasnt ready for that, its like, you know you can run 5k under 20 mins in your own pace but someone makes you sprint like hell for the first 1k and its a different story. plus you fall and bump your head on the concrete a few times...

I'm not sure how someone who can "gas" gets the spring in their step two rounds later.

He was basically out on his feet, not gassed and woke up in the third.

Joe Rogan effect, though.

Cain was extremely gassed also, but he created this illusion of not being gassed by walking forward and throwing no power punches.

his knockers were gassed, and his shockers were jammed.

keyboard warrior shit, come on bro.... But I do agree Dos Santos wasn't gassed. He was hit very hard, anytime you feel pain like that, it can be very disheartening. Think about a time you were hurt, that shit will take the life right out of you.

JDS was knocked mostly, cain was gassed harder than him.

cain was so desperate for those takedowns at the end of the fight.

Except he gassed before he was knocked.

yea, i was wondering how the masses would see this

what i saw was masterful gamesmanship by cain, fighting for takedowns, tiring out junior while minimizing junior's offense and then going for big shots at the right time when junior was tired

others watched it and in the theme of not thinking and just saying stupid sht, will say that junior was killling cain until the punch that changed everything

but people know better - cain set all that up and achieved all that happened masterfully, it was no lucky punch - actually his striking kinda didnt look good, but his gameplan, movement and other aspects looked great

still he landed that big punch after all the other effects added up

Agree with TS! It wasn't a cardio issue, he was just hurt.

Anyone whose sparred hard before knows that when you get beat up or rocked it takes a little sting out of you and you have to fight the get it back. If you're continuously taking punishment it's going to affect your "cardio."

In round 1 I actually thought Cain looked to be exerting himself more, diving for those takedowns. I was worried that Cain was too nervous and would blow his tank on outside shot attempts, but then Cain kept going and JDS started gassing.

Back