Its not a robbery if its being discussed/debated this heavily

GangGangGang

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seems Sherdog is quite 50/50 on the fight or slight edge to Cory. That is absolutely not a robbery. Cory landed the more significant strikes clearly but TJ was the aggressor and had the advantages in the grappling.

Cory fans shouldnt be upset. This is arguably one of the best outcomes possible. TJ comes back to win after 2 years against the #2 ranked guy and Cory arguably beats a former champ and seems to come out of the fight unscathed. Cory can likely fight again sooner than TJ. So maybe do Cory vs Font while TJ sits out to recover and fights winner of Yan/Aljo.

If won guy is bleeding and has a bum leg and the other guy sustained no damage what so ever it feels like the fight was one -sided. But yea the MMA point system was close

Cory's the only BW I'm interested in seeing fight Yan. Oh well, maybe once they've mopped TJ's corpse off the floor after facing Yan they'll finally give Cory his shot.

Judge reward humping someone against the cage and take downs with no ground control or damage being done. Too heavily.

Absolutely. Nobody clearly won that fight. It’s fine to disagree with the decision and debate it, but a robbery claim is ridiculous.

A robbery by Sherdog's standards is a close fight and the fighter I wanted to win lost.

TJ
1, 3, and 5.

Score round by round motherfuckers. Corey landed the better shots and did more damage. But TJ won more rounds.

This is my opinion btw. Close to a pick em fight for me.
1 and 4 were the closest rounds for me. Very even fight.

TJ
1, 3, and 5.

Score round by round motherfuckers. Corey landed the better shots and did more damage. But TJ won more rounds.

I thought Corey was controlling the 3rd round until he threw spinning shit and then lost the round. His fight IQ in the first 3 rounds was terrible. He could’ve won that 3rd round if not for taking a mental shit with his approach of throwing these high risk, low reward shots that were not working on TJ.

TJ clearly won and there is no room for discussions. These debates are all noise from imbeciles who wanted him to lose and therefore can’t watch the fight in an unbiased manner and are now spreading sour grapes on online forums when they instead should spend their time vacuuming and mopping their parents basements which they inhabit.

1 and 4 were the closest rounds for me. Very even fight.
Problem is the narrative of the fight isn’t the same as the score.

corey is on live now saying why he won:

“I hurt him, he didn’t hurt me”
“I stopped takedowns”
“I made him miss”.

He definitely landed better in rounds 2 and 4, but how did you win 1, 3, and 5 my man? Defense is not offense. Those rounds were razor thin on the feet and TJ’s takedown/back takes became the cunt hair of difference imo

Problem is the narrative of the fight isn’t the same as the score.

corey is on live now saying why he won:

“I hurt him, he didn’t hurt me”
“I stopped takedowns”
“I made him miss”.

He definitely landed better in rounds 2 and 4, but how did you win 1, 3, and 5 my man? Defense is not offense. Those rounds were razor thin on the feet and TJ’s takedown/back takes became the cunt hair of difference imo
I think if Cory stepped on the gas a bit more he would've scored more. But it's easier said than done when you're fighting the elite.

Everyone here thinks close fights are a robbery. They’re dumb.

TJ
1, 3, and 5.

I'm with this. Tj was walking him down and pressing him against the fence.

I unfortunately didn't see the fight but all I am seeing here is people saying round by round that TJ won 1,3,5(and the odd 1,3,4,5) .. The counter seems to be not that they are wrong but the damage that was done..All damage done in 1 round without a finish gives you that round not the fight..

Is it just the TJ hate driving this argument?

Back