It's just impossible to hurt Alexander Gustaffson

Dude has a legendary chin.

He took a bunch of ridiculous shots from Jones. Shogun's fallen over the hill without doubt, but he cracked AG several times with his overhand right in the second round of their fight, and AG didn't even flinch.

Disagree he blocked most of them, or at least partially blocked.

If Gus went to the hospital with concussion symptoms as someone reported, I'm pretty sure they hurt.

A past prime Shogun dropped him. He also got bloodied and stunned by Hamill (who beat Jon Jones inside of a round)

I thought Shogun punched him and pulled his foot out from underneath him at the same time.

Looked more like a takedown.

Gus's cardio left? Did you see JoJo? Gassed! He could barely breathe afterwards. Looked like he had asthma.

Yeah, after the fight, once the Adrenaline was fading. Gus faded during the fight, which is much more important.

But yes, both guys were extremely tired.

Gus's cardio left? Did you see JoJo? Gassed! He could barely breathe afterwards. Looked like he had asthma.

Jones had his hands up and had better body language, despite being dead. That was inexperience on Gus' part. Never show that you're gassed, even if you are.

He has a great chin but his ability to minimize damage with upper body movement and timing doesn't get talked about.

Surprised he's never been knocked down, ran into some strikes by Diabate, took a few overhands from Shogun, took a bunch of partially blocked headkicks, and got caught with a picture perfect elbow.

Dude is tough and doesn't really show damage superficially.

That big blonde bastard walked through like 50 headkicks! Whats up with that?

Discuss.

He got saved by the bell in the 4th and was getting abused in the 5th + is in the hospital for head trauma and concussion symptoms= He might be able to walk through 50 kicks but not Jones' elbows :)

He got saved by the bell in the 4th and was getting abused in the 5th + is in the hospital for head trauma and concussion symptoms= He might be able to walk through 50 kicks but not Jones' elbows :)

Jones left on a stretcher to go to the hospital, Gus is at the club he's probably gonna fuck 5 or maybe 6 bitches tonight.

Gus won over many fans tonight. I actually thought he did enough to win but I was pro-Gus the entire fight so my observations were a little biased. At any rate, he's proven himself to be a worthy challenger to Jones and I for one would not be opposed to an immediate rematch.

If Gus went to the hospital with concussion symptoms as someone reported, I'm pretty sure they hurt.

Get out of here with this shit. Who knows better than Sherdog about whether or not a fighter his hurt?

Where would we be if the posters on this forum hadn't put Glover in check about whether or not Bader rocked him during their fight.

He blocked most, and Jones has no power in his hands.
He can only hurt people with his knees and elbows.

he blocked like 47-48 of them. It just looked bad cause he was exhausted.

Yeah, that little glove doesn't really block much. Even in MT peoples arms get broken from defending high kicks.

He was definitely hurt by that spinning back elbow in the fourth round. It looked like it landed on the middle of his forehead. If it had landed on the temple, the chin, or the back of the head, it possibly could have lead to a finish, or at least dropped him. But Gus has a proven chin, no doubt about it.

1) those head kicks weren't hard at all

2) They were mostly blocked

3) There was 1 strike that Jones threw that actually hurt Gus and that was in round 4 the spinning elbow.

One strike lol? He landed three elbow "jabs" in a row...

Anyways, Gus was robbed!

Jones left on a stretcher to go to the hospital, Gus is at the club he's probably gonna fuck 5 or maybe 6 bitches tonight.

Just 5 or 6? Vikings would grab 19 or 20 village wenches to satisfy their lust after battle. Let's see if we see an uptick in Nordic babies after 9 months.

Ha ha. On a serious note, fighters are often sent to the hospital as a precaution. It's like being in a car accident. You may be close to 100% okay, but you ride in the ambulance anyway.

I hate how Rogan overreacted about the spinning elbow. It stunned Gus but didn't hurt him.

Back