Its insane how fast WMMA has evolved since joining the UFC. Faster than Men's progression?

FlyThaiMMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
New fans dont understand that girl who just got rekt by Amanda was DESTROYING all the top females only 2 years ago. And it wasnt even close. She had the biggest betting lines of the time. And she just got embarrassed twice to girls with losses on their recond in spectacular fashion.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Amada Nunes' striking is so much better than WMMA fighters of the recent past, and even more are joining the ranks. The growth, compared to men has been much faster in terms of immediate revolution

WMMA is awesome

yeah the age of soccer moms (excluding beautifull cat) is over.

This top new generation of wmma fighters are great

Makes sense, since they have the benefit of the men's experiences to help their improvement; it's the same reason why every generation of fighter progresses ahead of the previous one.

Once WMMA catches up with men's MMA, though, then the rate of progression will slow to a similar rate.

yeah and Johny Hendricks beat GSP 2 years ago

I don't think so, but it's crazy. The champ is just that good. If you think what just did happen was bad, wait until next fights. Probably going to be just as dominant if not more.

There just aren't many good fighters, so those who are great will dominate

it's easier to grow when you have nowhere to go but up. WMMA was literallly full of part time housewives just a couple of years ago

It's catching up at faster rate than it used to. If 2 years ago it looked like men from early 2000s, now it looks like 2009-2010. A year or two later, we'll be looking at equally skilled male and female fighters, I believe.

I wouldn't say Nunes evolved. She was starching people like that back in Strikeforce.

55.gif

I wouldn't say Nunes evolved. She was starching people like that back in Strikeforce.

55.gif

but now she has like 5 years of ATT elite training on her belt . She has the atlethicism , she has it all, she improved alot , can't see nobody beating her atm.

No...the women's division is paper thin. Rhonda was a paper champion used to grow a new division. The women have the benefit of evolved coaching and the financial trappings that the men didn't have the benefit of for the better part of two decades. The sport evolved and the women were begrudgingly added to a growing number of divisions to expand the sport further.

but now she has like 5 years of ATT elite training on her belt . She has the atlethicism , she has it all, she improved alot , can't see nobody beating her atm.

Give Shevchenko 5 rounds to work and let's see what happens. Amanda can beat her if she uses the takedowns and ground game, but if Valentina makes it out of the first couple rounds without too much damage it's big trouble for Nunes.

It's catching up at faster rate than it used to. If 2 years ago it looked like men from early 2000s, now it looks like 2009-2010. A year or two later, we'll be looking at equally skilled male and female fighters, I believe.
good comparison

she's more at a DISADVANTAGE now that she is champ, b/c she has to fight CHAMP rounds, of 5.

When Valentina defeats Pena and gets a rematch w/ Nunes, it will be a 5 rounder and not a 3 in which Nunes eeeeeeked out a Win.

5 round Valentina destroys Nunes.

Back