It's gotta be tough being a Jones hater...

It must be really tough for all you Jon Jones haters. Not only does this guy rape some of the top 205'ers in the world with ease but when someone finally does (arguably) beat him, he gets the decision anyway. Now to make matters even worse, he won't take the rematch with your next big hope to dethrone the 205 GOAT. LMFAO!

Funnier thing is....................................................up until all the outta cage bs I actually favored jones in a rematch(thought the 1st fight was a case of him underestimating gus/and him thinking he was untouchable/ really liked what I saw outta him against glover)....didn't buy the "he's scared" bs....and thought jones would wreck him in the rematch

.....Now it really fucking looks like HE'S SCARED....and avoiding a rematch with a 27yr old 6ft5 boxer with better striking/solid chin/better footwork/an 82.2 inch reach/took jonathan down/avoided every td for 22mins/who sent him to the HOSPITAL the 1sttime they fought......... in favor of fighting a 36yr old who he's got 5inch height and TWELVE inch reach advantage on.... Oh and same guy jones wants to fight has a knee injury

Geesh gotta be hard to DEFEND jones

LMFAO!

And you as a Jones fan, miss out on a good fight.

Do you think hardcore Jones fans really want to see that rematch?

Normal Jones fans probably want to see their guy have a good fight, but not the hardcore ones.

Most hardcore fans have their own egos attached to their favorite fighter, and hardcore Jones fans, even though they would never admit it, probably don't want their ego facing Gus again. Their ego's were already put through a war against him and beat up quite badly, they are still in the healing process. I don't think hardcore Jones fans are too eager for this match up. Making excuses, deflecting and labeling unbias MMA fans who thought Gus won the first fight and/or want to see this rematch happen "Gus fans" or "Jones haters" seems like a better option for their ego and the healing process.

Last edited:
It must be really tough for all you Jon Jones haters. Not only does this guy rape some of the top 205'ers in the world with ease but when someone finally does (arguably) beat him, he gets the decision anyway. Now to make matters even worse, he won't take the rematch with your next big hope to dethrone the 205 GOAT. LMFAO!

I don't hate the guy one bit but this whole situation makes him look like a pre Madonna and doesn't make me like him anymore, trying to fight a guy who isn't a 100% over gus who earned the right to fight for the belt is a bit pathetic, if hes as good as he and all his nut huggers think he is why not run thru gus, let DC heal up then beat him up too, it would definitely make his legacy mean more to the casual jones fan like myself abose to making me become one of those guys who cant stand him. his dirty fighting is already an astrix why add fuel to the fire??

I really want to hate Jon Jones, but he makes it so hard to.

Yeah, maybe cause I am older, but, hating is a waste of energy and time. I thought it was funny when Jones made fun of the eye poke. Sort of immature but funny.

I think the one that should be mad is Gus. Of course, he has a right. But as a fan, I doesn't concern my life or anything. Jones is like a spoiled kid. But, I am sure if I met him in person that I would like him. I would Jones because again, its a waste of energy wanting everyone to be like you. So when people act a certain way, I don't care, because people are different.

IMO, if jones didn't land that elbow, it would have gone to GUS. Gus was able to make Jones fight his fight. That was impressive. By Jones not taking the fight, what is really conveying, is his fear of Gus. Just think about it. It almost makes me think, in the rematch, Gus will have more of a chance. However, Jones has such a wide tool of weapons, that I can see him always evolving.

Its that one fact, that Jones has so many tools, that I can't see him losing for a long time. He is just going to be able to do lots of things. Even if he gets KO'd, he will come back and get that title, because he can play safer if he wanted to. I respect how he puts himself in situations where he sort of risks things.

Jones fighting DC, then, Gus....thats ok for me. Hopefully Gus is evolving. If he loses, than, although he could possibly beat Jones in a match, it is probably only the style of Gus. I would also think he isn't evolving like Jones than.

The thing about MMA though, everyone is learning more and more. By Jones not playing safe, the Gus fight, and others fights, people are figuring him out. All great fighters get figured out. But it comes down to those raw talents that consist of 1 or 2 things that keep those fighters there. For example, GSP, the master at take downs. Jones being able to fight long, is a plus. If someone figures that out, with the right fighter they are training, that should be interesting.

This is what makes MMA so fun. the learning curve. The history of MMA has shown how hard it is to hold that title, and how gifted you have to be to stay there. Its rare you find a Jones, Silva, GSP, Fedor, and so on. But still, think about this. Silva, Fedor, and GSP, IMO...were being figured out. They lost not to being out of prime, but, their tactics were fading. Each fight, they exposed their weakness, until, a new current pool or wave of new fighters and breeds were entering in off that knew MMA knowledge.

I still remember, everyone thought through Coleman and Hughes, that it would forever be wrestlers. Then, Chuck Liddell came in, and we said he was some freak of nature to wrestlers. However, guess what? ....all these new mma fighters were doing what Chuck was doing. Now Hughes and Coleman were looking worse. There are so many assets to this sport, such a learning curve, that things are changing all the time. Whats constant, is that the learning curve is growing.

This is why, the true answer to everything, is MMA is evolving so much, that its not age that caused fedor or GSP to start losing. Its this constant growing knowledge of the MMA game. Thats why when AS said he didn't feel threaten by Chris, he was giving his honest answer. These new breeds are just bringing in more tools that have been developed though the up to date knowledge of MMA....this is why I love this sport. Been watching since it came out. In time, people will hold the title less and less due to the knowledge increase and the amount of MMA fighters, or the roster.

Last edited:
people both love and hate great fighters for their greatness. for every jones "hater," there's some fuckin moron sherdog redbelt from may 2014 who lists his favorite fighters in his sig... and it's always stacked with top 3 fighters.

HW- Cain, JDS, Fedor (goat)
LHW- Jones, GUS, DC
MW- ANDERSON!!! Weidman Vitor
WW- Johny, Robbie, the winner of Woodley/Rory
LW- Pettis and Bendo. in time, Khabib
FW- Aldo, Mendes
BW- TJ!!!! (since day one, kid)
FLW- Mightymouse
Women's- Ronda and Cyborg

and then, there's also some douchebag who thinks everyone who doesn't like Bones is a racist.

I suppose the same can be said for anyone's haters.

I'd also say that both extremes are equally ridiculous. Those who find a way hate everything he does, and those who think he can do no wrong. I for one, fall somewhere in the middle.

This is true. There are many things that Jones does that are less than ideal, coming from a fan's perspective. However, the resulting reaction is a little excessive and makes those that obsessively rip him look a little pathetic. God forbid someone offers a voice of reason, then they are called nuthuggers because they don't join the mob mentality.

Bottom line is, everyone needs to calm the fuck down. Jones has crushed all but one guy he has fought as a professional fighter, including several hall of famers. He's not scared of anyone-- this is about money.

Still better than being a fan of a guy who tries to pick and choose his title defenses. The guy went from a lion to a kitten the moment he checked out of that hospital.

I envy all you fighter haters! It means that you never had any piece of shits in your lives that you deal with or have dealt with or you never had to face any real animosity or danger that makes you grateful for piece and mind in your personal life. Because of that, you have to direct your energy at someone who represents a behavior that does not go well with your own ideals as oppose to an obstacle that stands in your way in your own personal life.

Honestly, you guys are lucky, when I was younger and when I was a mall rent-a-cop, I had to deal with the scums of the world. Now I take all this Kardashian/Bieber/Jones Jones hating with a grain of salt. You should too, you will have a better piece of mind.

Lol........security guard........lol

I envy all you fighter haters! It means that you never had any piece of shits in your lives that you deal with or have dealt with or you never had to face any real animosity or danger that makes you grateful for piece and mind in your personal life. Because of that, you have to direct your energy at someone who represents a behavior that does not go well with your own ideals as oppose to an obstacle that stands in your way in your own personal life.

Honestly, you guys are lucky, when I was younger and when I was a security guard, I had to deal with the scums of the world. Now I take all this Kardashian/Bieber/Jones Jones hating with a grain of salt. You should too, you will have a better piece of mind.

Hahaha "the scums of the world."

Honestly, you guys are lucky, when I was younger and when I was a security guard, I had to deal with the scums of the world. Now I take all this Kardashian/Bieber/Jones Jones hating with a grain of salt. You should too, you will have a better piece of mind.

tumblr_m61uyec7p31rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I can't imagine anybody finding their like or dislike for Jones to be hard work in any way. It's both just expressions of an interest in the sport and its peripherals.

I can't imagine anybody finding their like or dislike for Jones to be hard work in any way. It's both just expressions of an interest in the sport and its peripherals.

look at the big brain on you.............................................

..........well put

I've been saying this for a while. How can you let someone you don't even know bother you so much. That's ownage, and it must be tough.

It doesn't bother me at all. I don't lose sleep over it.

I just get a good laugh from all the Jones fanboys on here calling him a "great champion"

Sure, he's talented as Fuck and is 1 of the greatest fighters ever. but Jones knows that Gus is right up there with him and he remembers the beating Gus gave him in their last fight and is hesitant to get back in the Octagon with him.

Pure and simple.

It doesn't bother me at all. I don't lose sleep over it.

I just get a good laugh from all the Jones fanboys on here calling him a "great champion"

Sure, he's talented as Fuck and is 1 of the greatest fighters ever. but Jones knows that Gus is right up there with him and he remembers the beating Gus gave him in their last fight and is hesitant to get back in the Octagon with him.

Pure and simple.

Gus turned the lion into a kitten.

It's very hard. It's hard to the point where I think he should be dethrone for being too dominant. Agree?

Back