It's funny when you realize that Gus best win is a controversial decision against Zombie Shogun

And people still ranks him high and want him to fight top 5 fighters.

He should fight people of his level and not monsters like Cormier, Glover, or Rumble.
Because real fans don't simply look at Wikipedia pages to figure out how good a fighter is. Try watching his fights and evaluating his performances, WIN OR LOSE.

Actually had Cormier winning more convincingly than Jones.

Cormier won rounds 1 and 5 more clearly than Jones won any round against Gus, thats for sure. But in rounds 2, 3 and 4 Gus was slightly better, imo.

Lol what, DC was landing uppercuts like he was fighting a heavy bag. Gus had his moments in round 2 and especially round 3 but he only won 2 rounds no fucking question. And round 1 might aswell have been a 10-8, round 5 Gus was done fighting.

Why didnt you mention round 4 at all in which Gus outstruck DC in significant strikes by a clear margin and there was no grappling in that round. Gus won round 4 and two of the judges saw that. DC did barely anything the first 2 minutes of the round 4, watch it again. There is a reason why one judge scored all the three middle rounds to Gus.

Controversial? Thats grounds for removing your thread making privileges IMO.

And people still ranks him high and want him to fight top 5 fighters.

He should fight people of his level and not monsters like Cormier, Glover, or Rumble.
His best win is against Jon Jones. Nice troll thread though.

This isn't boxing or WMMA (calm down I kid about WMMA ;) ). I don't give a $hit about a 30-1 record against cans. I actually watch the fight and I watch the fighters and I gauge their skill based on what I see and their level of competition. I can watch Gus and I know he's a top 5 LHW.

Other than the first round being close, Gus outstruck Shogun in the other two rounds and took him down easily.

It was not controvercial but it was one of the least dominant performances where Shogun lost since his days as a champ.

If Gus was not a tall blonde European striker but a less aestetically pleasing fighter, he would have not been given a shot in the first place.

He failed becoming the next Holly but came close to winning a decision. That is another reason why Jones haters love him.

Back