It's funny when you realize that Gus best win is a controversial decision against Zombie Shogun

Losses can tell you more than wins sometimes. He gave the toughest fights of Jones and DC's respective careers. They are two of the best mixed martial artists ever. Certainly lends credibility to his name.

It was a clear win for Gus but it wasnt dominating by any means. 29-28 for Gus. Shogun did well though.

Losses can tell you more than wins sometimes. He gave the toughest fights of Jones and DC's respective careers. They are two of the best mixed martial artists ever. Certainly lends credibility to his name.

sorry, Jon Jones was the toughest fight of Cormier career.

Gus is fine but hes not going to be a champion while DC and JJ still in the division.

sorry, Jon Jones was the toughest fight of Cormier career.

How do you figure? Gus came close to finishing DC and hurt him bad and did alot more damage to him than Jones did. Jones never came close to finishing or even hurting DC.

So, you're saying that Shogun should have won vs Gus... no, not even close

yeah
he needs to fight more often and against proper opposition though, he went from jon to manuwa and DC to retirement to jan blankowiszhj

How do you figure? Gus came close to finishing DC and hurt him bad and did alot more damage to him than Jones did. Jones never came close to finishing or even hurting DC.

hahaha I was expecting someone to come up with this stupid post. You don't understand what a though fight represents.

And people still ranks him high and want him to fight top 5 fighters.

He should fight people of his level and not monsters like Cormier, Glover, or Rumble.

What exactly was so controversial about this fight/decision?

i don't hate gus, and i agree with you to a point that losses can show a lot about a fighter, but unless they are backed up by big wins, they don't matter .... losing to rumble took all out of his loss to jones imo, and if he doesn't win over a big opponent next, his loss to cormier won't matter ..

he broke the face of "Roid Jones"

One day I will understand the motivation behind starting threads shitting on fighters just because.

He should fight people of his level and not monsters like Cormier, Glover, or Rumble.
Oh look, another shit thread by a retard trying to discredit someone's wins.

I remember him beating Shogun convincingly but Shogun was well past his prime at the time and may have won a round in that fight before gassing.

Take away the dirty eyepoking against Manuwa and he probably would have lost that fight as well, we've seen how he does against black fighters.

he beat jones. i don't care what those delusional judges were thinking.

I can tell you to go back and watch the fight since u'll just use the solid counterargument of "hahaha".
Only other thing I can do is say the fight metric official statistics
Gus landed 6 takedowns, Rua landed 1...
Gus landed 128 strikes to Rua's 51. that's more than double.
He also landed more in each round individually.
That's as one-sides as a fight can get with outa finish...

Also, Gus is fighting Jan now who's outside the top 5. Also, again, he fought Manuwa(outside top 5 I think at the time, maybe 6) before fighting Rumble.
The only undeserved match Gus ever had was the title shot against DC. He's back at the end fo the line now.

Back