It's funny how Silva call GSP a duck even though he did it more than GSP

How so? GSP tried to avoid Hendricks as much as possible.

Care to provide links to where he said that in public? I could be wrong but I don't recall it ever going that way.

He definitely was at Abu Dabi to challenge Silva though.

Also I don't see how catchweight would be an issue for Silva. He fought at 170 for the first half of his career. GSP is was a smallish WW by today's standard's and barely made MW to fight Bisping.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/...s-anderson-silva-gsp-offered-bisping-mma-news

Apparently the catchweight was 177. But GSP does mention that no formal offer was ever made to him until after Hendricks.

Lost the belt via knockout. Was knocked out twice in training leading up to the fight. Was sick and high on xanax on fight night. Perfect style matchup for Silva. His only advantage (size) ended up not even being noticeable. Preeeeeetty easy challenge.

Aren't those "excuses" ?

GSP wanted no part of Silva, Hendricks rematch, Lawler, or Woodley. Glass jaw mid tier MWs and grappling challenged LWs are his preferences now.

Khabib is as big as GSP. GSP already put in the work and proved he was the best at WW. He cleared the division of the best fighters racking up multiple title defenses for the better part of a decade. He is well past his prime and is looking for big fights and a third belt. Khabib is the biggest fight for him right now.

I seriously question the knowledge of some of you. Like him or not he is one of the best to ever fight in MMA.

Lol at Gsp fans discounting Anderson fighting Dc and Adesanya then hyping up Gsps wins over Kos, Serra and Shields.

Gsp fans are getting to that shogun/Fedor fans level of delusion.

Fair enough

Here's an interview from 2 years ago. Shortly before the whole Bisping thing came around and GSP was looking for an opponent.

I guess we can consider it all talk, but people have to be consistent with their narrative. He said he was open to fight Woodley, just like he said he was open to Conor and Khabib which is also all talk. Only thing that is a fact is that he fought Bisping.

Lol at Anderson ducked Weidman when he actually fought him twice but Gsp not ducking Woodley when he's doing everything possible to avoid fighting at his natural weight class.

Jesus you guys really would suck his dick.

Khabib is as big as GSP. GSP already put in the work and proved he was the best at WW. He cleared the division of the best fighters racking up multiple title defenses for the better part of a decade. He is well past his prime and is looking for big fights and a third belt. Khabib is the biggest fight for him right now.

I seriously question the knowledge of some of you. Like him or not he is one of the best to ever fight in MMA.
I don't like GSP, but he is one of the best for sure.

Lol at Gsp fans discounting Anderson fighting Dc and Adesanya then hyping up Gsps wins over Kos, Serra and Shields.

Gsp fans are getting to that shogun/Fedor fans level of delusion.

Silva was already smashed twice by Weidman and not the champion when he fought DC, he had nothing to lose. He took an obvious L in exchange for an easy payday, nothing much to think over here.

When he was undefeated in the division and the obvious fight to make was against Jones, he wasn't interested. The only fights he took at light heavy were obviously easy picks, both Irvin and Bonnar were 'never has beens' that were most known for being punching bags. Forrest was literally coming off a KO loss, the idea that a P4P champion would fight someone who was just knocked out in their immediately prior fight is pretty ridiculous.

Neither Georges or Silva were particularly interested in big challenges in other divisions. Not ducks, but they defended their belts, Silva defended until he lost, Georges chose early retirement. No reason Anderson should cast aspersions on Georges.

Silva was already smashed twice by Weidman and not the champion when he fought DC, he had nothing to lose. He took an obvious L in exchange for an easy payday, nothing much to think over here.

When he was undefeated in the division and the obvious fight to make was against Jones, he wasn't interested. The only fights he took at light heavy were obviously easy picks, both Irvin and Bonnar were 'never has beens' that were most known for being punching bags. Forrest was literally coming off a KO loss, the idea that a P4P champion would fight someone who was just knocked out in their immediately prior fight is pretty ridiculous.

Neither Georges or Silva were particularly interested in big challenges in other divisions. Not ducks, but they defended their belts, Silva defended until he lost, Georges chose early retirement. No reason Anderson should cast aspersions on Georges.

Thats fair and I agree both guys did what they were supposed to as champs but neither showed a ton of interest in moving up.

Anderson wants that money fight so he's prodding the bull hoping for a response. Gsp has no need to fight him really. He is huge compared to gsp and would probably beat him pretty easily on the feet. Prime gsp would do far better, but Anderson is over 40 so... If gsp could take him down it would be far better for gsp, cause i dont see him out striking silva. Anderson when focused and not over confident playing around is a tough tough matchup for gsp. I think gsp has one maybe 2 more fights in him before he calls it quits for good. So who should he fight? Khabib and Woodley would be my picks, but gsp would lose both fights so I don't see him taking either.

Gsp has only "ducked" 2 fights in his whole career(by his haters logic) one is Anderson and the other one is Whittaker.
Now let's look at anderson "view"
-duck shogun rua
https://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07...ned-anderson-silva-plans-to-stay-at-185-until
-duck jon jones
this is pretty well known so I don't have to explain anything.
-ducked chris weidman: another pretty well known case of silva ducking
https://theprovince.com/sports/mma/ufc-anderson-silva-is-ducking-chris-weidman-and-that-really-sucks

and I find also funny how Silva fans claiming GSP is cherry picking when Silva himself want to fight a former featherweight.

gsp did cherry pick fighting bisping over woodley.

gsp did duck signing to fight anderson silva as well

Explains pretty well why Silva barely had to hit him to score knockdowns. I guarantee that version of Griffin loses to the entire top 50 LHW that night.

Hm....
So, when Silva claims he went to the Chael-1 fight with an injury, you'll shout "excuses".

But when he beats a former LHW champ in epic fashion, you discredit it by contextualising the hardships Forrest was going through?

Are you ever consistent?

Hm....
So, when Silva claims he went to the Chael-1 fight with an injury, you'll shout "excuses".

But when he beats a former LHW champ in epic fashion, you discredit it by contextualising the hardships Forrest was going through?

Are you ever consistent?

Says the one crying about that Silva unverified injury yet acting like he fought prime Griffin.

It goes both way.

You really wanna talk about consistency Mr NotSoSure? The only thing you are consistent with are your lies.

Says the one crying about that Silva unverified injury yet acting like he fought prime Griffin.

It goes both way.

You really wanna talk about consistency Mr NotSoSure? The only thing you are consistent with are your lies.

what so sure? what are you talking about there?

Uh...and are Griffin's ailments all duly verifiable and accessible to you and others?

You know what; you are a fighter basher and a troll who for some reason fell in love with me.
Stop stalking me you creep.

Back