It's eerie how similar Nikita Krylov and Forrest Griffin are

M Raid K

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
First of all, they look alike:

Untitled-12-650x250.jpg
Forrest-Griffin-UFC-148-Pre-Press-9045.jpg

Then, they share the same attitude: go for broke or be broken. For Forrest, that led to many back-and-forth epic fights and also to him brutally KO'd (hello, Spider!). For Krylov, that reflected in the fact that he has never gone to the judges and likely won't go tonight.

And other minor coincidences like: they are both 6'3 and LHWs.

22879.jpg

I don't see it.

Lol, it's funny cause it's true. Al Capone is a true disciple of JBG.

Never noticed this before.

Not really, they have completely different noses and ears. Can't really tell the eyes because they both squinting in those pics. Their beards grow in a little different too. Other than they are both white color guys with semi buzz cut and fight or fought at 205, I don't see much else.

Except Forrest was a cop and Krylov is a smooth gangster

I really hope Al Capone wins tonight, but i got a bad feeling. Lima can throw

No chatter about his fight and finish?

Hmmm Krylov probably already has more finishes in the UFC then Forrest though...

They look nothing alike.

But yeah, this shit is eerie yo.

the pic posted makes them look pretty similar

They look NOTHING alike.

Krylov is cool though, he goes for fucking broke in every fight, entertaining fighter and picked up a nice win here. Plus, he's young as shit and the division needs new blood.

im watching yesterdays recorded event now and i did read online that a ufc exec commented on the fence grab. when i saw the fight i thought it was pretty clear he leaned on the fence with his hand which is allowed, there was no sign his fingers looped through or pulled on the cage. it is interesting that they would point something like this out with an entertaining fighter of his level but ignore when it happens with certain champs cough anderson cough. is krylov an indominatable world beater maybe not but i like his fights and will keep an eye out for them because he brings an agressive karate style lima was a tough opponent and i think the kicks to the body were a cool strategy.

Back