its disrespectful to compare REAL fighters with fake Bruce Lee

Fraud Lee is the only martial artist in the world that became a god by never fighting at all. That takes talent.
hes the finest example of how the media can make people want to believe something and even defend it to the point of getting angry if ever questioned.
we all know that Chinese martial arts are straight up cults. They literally think their "master" is supreme over all.

This is the same way with Lee's fans. In their limited imagination, Lee is a god special among others.
they even think he has a chance against actual pro fighters. Some even said that he could beat Francis or Usman or even Buakaw which is fucking stupid.
They're letting nostalgia and their fantasy get in the way of logical thinking. The same people who mention wwe is fake all the time, and they would get beaten badly in UFC are now saying a man who was an actor first, just like wwe, could've beaten the whole roster. What kind of logic is that? Lol

i think its disrespectful for mma fighter or even boxers to be compared with actor Lee
whos never been cut or broke a bone in his life.
the mans primary profession was acting. He wasn't some super secret badass who could destroy pro fighters, but just preferred movies. As stated by Chuck Norris, a legitimate kickboxing competitor and close friend of Lee's, stated that while Lee was good, he was not a professional fighter.

Bruce vs today's mma fighters has been discussed numerous times... But with better taste

You sound like the guy who gets into arguments with people over nothing at parties and wonders why he never gets laid

Has Lee ever said he’s a fighter? Probably not.

The most I’ve heard people do is talk about how he would’ve done if he had trained MMA. I’ve personally never heard him get compared to or picked over MMA fighters in an MMA fight.

I remember discussing the Lee vs Ali fight with my friends in middle school. Most of us did karate, and agreed that Lee's broader skill set would enable him to beat Ali. Our teacher overheard us, and laughed at us like we were the dumbest motherfuckers alive. At the time I was like, this disrespectful old man doesn't know shit about martial arts. Now, I realize that he was right to laugh at us the way he did.
Didn't this happen in the TV Show "Better Call Saul"?

But seriously TS, Bruce Lee is known for KOin motherfuckers with backflip kicks.

Bruce-Lee-flip-kick.gif

Except for the fact that the guy doing the kick isn't Bruce Lee but his stunt double.

You're not wrong, but the dude died before mma was ever invented, so it's whatever. He did have a massive influence in popularizing martial arts in the west though, so you can't take that away from him.

I love how in your first line you call Bruce Lee a fraud, and then "that takes talent". Dork.

I remember discussing the Lee vs Ali fight with my friends in middle school. Most of us did karate, and agreed that Lee's broader skill set would enable him to beat Ali. Our teacher overheard us, and laughed at us like we were the dumbest motherfuckers alive. At the time I was like, this disrespectful old man doesn't know shit about martial arts. Now, I realize that he was right to laugh at us the way he did.
People still make the argument he would beat Ali despite the fact Bruce Lee said he would have no chance in a fight with Ali.

You've got it backwards bro, the real fighters are the fake fighters and fake Bruce Lee is real Bruce lee

Fraud Lee is the only martial artist in the world that became a god by never fighting at all. That takes talent.
hes the finest example of how the media can make people want to believe something and even defend it to the point of getting angry if ever questioned.
we all know that Chinese martial arts are straight up cults. They literally think their "master" is supreme over all.

This is the same way with Lee's fans. In their limited imagination, Lee is a god special among others.
they even think he has a chance against actual pro fighters. Some even said that he could beat Francis or Usman or even Buakaw which is fucking stupid.
They're letting nostalgia and their fantasy get in the way of logical thinking. The same people who mention wwe is fake all the time, and they would get beaten badly in UFC are now saying a man who was an actor first, just like wwe, could've beaten the whole roster. What kind of logic is that? Lol

i think its disrespectful for mma fighter or even boxers to be compared with actor Lee
whos never been cut or broke a bone in his life.
the mans primary profession was acting. He wasn't some super secret badass who could destroy pro fighters, but just preferred movies. As stated by Chuck Norris, a legitimate kickboxing competitor and close friend of Lee's, stated that while Lee was good, he was not a professional fighter.

What?..

Bruce Lee has fought before...

You dont need to be a pro fighter or a sport champion fighter to be a real fighter lol..

There are tons people in the world who are great or even fantastic fighters who don't compete in professional fighting events .. this doesnt exclude them from being real fighters lol...

Soooooooooooooooooo you take Bruce Lee in the prime of his life and put him in a cage with another man in the prime of his life and Im supposed to believe that Bruce wouldn't destroy him using martial arts?

Or is it if you put them in a cage and the other dude has actually been in NHB fights, he automatically kills Bruce regardless of how many techniques Bruce has mastered through training?

Lord Dana once said that Bruce Lee is the father of mixed martial arts. “You’ve got to cross-train in many different systems … If you look at the way Bruce Lee trained, the way he fought, and many of the things he wrote, he said the perfect style was no style. You take a little something from everything. You take the good things from every different discipline, use what works, and you throw the rest away. We needed Bruce Lee, when he came at that time, to help martial arts grow the way that it did… He was the father of mixed martial arts.”

It’s true that MMA in some form goes back before Bruce Lee, from Vale Tudo in Brazil to Pankration in Ancient Greece, and it’s true that there were other highly-influential individuals - such as Helio Gracie - who paved the way for what is modern-day MMA, but Bruce Lee remains modern MMA’s spiritual father. He influenced Dana in a big way anyway, and it was Dana more than anyone else who is responsible for making MMA the immensely popular sport it is today.

main-qimg-7797e28b21a150d3c40a814d7ed2ab48-mzj

Didn't this happen in the TV Show "Better Call Saul"?

But seriously TS, Bruce Lee is known for KOin motherfuckers with backflip kicks.

Bruce-Lee-flip-kick.gif

Except for the fact that the guy doing the kick isn't Bruce Lee but his stunt double.
even if Bruce didn't do the backflip, he clearly influenced Harold Howard

axekick.gif

Anderson Silva idolizes Bruce Lee. Anderson is one of if not the great martial artists of all time and proven. Also if it wasnt for Chinese martial arts there wouldnt be martial arts. At least not how it looks today.

Back