It's amazing how unpopular MM is compared to other fighters and champions.

I've always liked him and enjoy his fights. I don't care if he's small, the talent trumps that. It's pretty incredible to watch a fighter that basically makes no mistakes in fights.

He is streaming right now on Twitch for an incredible amount of 160 people.

Thats about 130 more people than Scott Jorgensen gets and Scott is a likeable guy...MM comes off as arrogant, if you like him fine but alot don't...deal with it.

Someone else said this in another post, and I agreed that Johnson would instantly get a bunch more fans if he went up in weight for a fight, and then came back down.

It's because he's a Liliputian and yet acts like he's on par with Jon Jones. No more no less.

How can anyone not find this entertaining?

1377685480dfb9d8a2a03bdf3fff300df1b577900309b3c3358d351ad43afa8b_1.gif

jesus christ lol

I like DJ as a guy and as a fighter he is beautiful to watch. I hate that he gets criticism for things like being a pillow-fisted decision machine when in fact he gets the job done - in 7 defenses he's gotten 3 subs and a KO and one of the decisions the guy popped for EPO.

Brendan "100%" Schaub said it on FATK the other day and I've been saying it for a while, DJ isn't interesting because he's so much better than his opposition. People like rivalries. Tito-Chuck, Rousey-Tate, Aldo-McGregor, any time there's someone to step up and be competitive and/or talk furious shit, the masses get excited and DJ has zero competition and zero interest in talking shit so his fights just lack drama. I tune in to see him style on guys but I never feel an anticipation for it and I'd consider myself a bit of a fan of the guy.

Not really. He's pretty boring. He's tiny. No personality. Not necessarily my opinion, but those are general opinions of him.

What famous boxer is his size? When avg fan thinks they can kick a midgets ass (even though they couldnt) and ref is twice his size it really doesn't generate excitement. Not to mention all the mistakes little guys are allowed to make because they can barley hurt each other. Seems about 150+ starts getting fans.

I like DJ as a guy and as a fighter he is beautiful to watch. I hate that he gets criticism for things like being a pillow-fisted decision machine when in fact he gets the job done - in 7 defenses he's gotten 3 subs and a KO and one of the decisions the guy popped for EPO.
That doesn't matter. Nothing in the cage matters. Like I said earlier, you just need like ten or so people to keep repeating something until it becomes the dominant opinion. Facts are irrelevant. Just look at Dillashaw. He's an exciting and devastating fighter, yet fans have turned on him because everyone just kept singing the same tiresome refrain SNAKE! SNAKE! SNAKE! It was so overwhelmingly effective that it turned Dominick Cruz - a notorious point fighter who once had no fans - into a fan favorite.

What famous boxer is his size? When avg fan thinks they can kick a midgets ass (even though they couldnt) and ref is twice his size it really doesn't generate excitement. Not to mention all the mistakes little guys are allowed to make because they can barley hurt each other. Seems about 150+ starts getting fans.

There's been quite a few popular boxers that have competed at 126 pounds in recent times. Pacquiao, Barrera, Morales, Hamed. Going back to the mid 80's Barry McGuigan was one of the biggest stars in the sport and his boxing matches were some of the most watched sporting events in British television history bested only by a couple/few World Cup matches involving England.

Hell, just look at all the people on Holm's clit right now talking about how classy and humble she is. When you're black, they just call you boring.

Holly is humble and classy in comparison to Ronda, who's a heel. It wouldn't work sans Ronda. It would be as boring as MM.

Someone else said this in another post, and I agreed that Johnson would instantly get a bunch more fans if he went up in weight for a fight, and then came back down.
Yea these negative dickheads would all of a sudden become bastions of positivity, right? Please. They'd call him overrated and say he can't hang at 135. His loss to Cruz is still used to discredit him five years after the fact.

Mighty Mouse isn't White and MMA fans can't find a legit reason to hate him. Why do you think so many shertards want mm to be a "heel" an excuse for their typical bigotry.
No it's because he is 5'2 hahahaha always crying

True. Anything less than a typical black thug gimmick is considered "bland". If DJ were Chinese and had the same personality and fighting style, he'd be the darling of Sherdog and a true representative of martial arts or some bullshit. Hell, just look at all the people on Holm's clit right now talking about how classy and humble she is. When you're black, they just call you boring.
No when you are 5'2 people call you boring , stop white knighting we all know you are every midget fighters' number one fan. SJW midget

No when you are 5'2 people call you boring , stop white knighting we all know you are every midget fighters' number one fan. SJW midget
You speak like a 15 year old who just discovered the internet. Any other memetic buzzwords you want to drop before bedtime?

DJ is boring, no personality! He's fights are like that too!
I hope he headlines more ppv though! Cause it'll be free ppv for me, since I'm buying all the ppvs, for MM ones I cancel before the main events starts, which is allowed by the UFC! U can't cancel when ppv is over, but before it is, you can!
I have a hunch most the MMA "fans" that don't like MM are in similar financial situations.

It's like being shocked that high school football isn't as popular as the NFL. As the guys get bigger, more powerful, more explosive, and more dangerous with their violence... people care more.
Its nothing like that at all. The skill level at the NFL is the highest. And college football is extremely popular. Most sports fans care about the best talent. MMA barely operates like a sport, which is why it attracts so many people that are barely fans.

Being a flyweight doesn´t help it´s true.

But it´s possible to be a popular FW. There are popular BW like Dominick, Barão, TJ, Faber.

There are popular women strawweight like Joanna and Claudia Gadelha.

MM needs is a manager that makes him popular, if it is to be a good guy put him to do a good cause that he likes like children or animals defense.

If it is a bad guy put him at least pretending to waste money on cars, clubs, women, making some political incorrect shit, polemic declarations.

Then people will be interested in see him fighting, and then they will see he is a great dominant champion.

Let's be real, the majority of the popularity of the women fighter's are almost entirely based on their looks. Demetrious Johnson doesn't have that luxury. His boring fighting style, compounded with the fact that he headlines the midget division. But honestly, Rafael dos Anjos and Chris Weidman weren't all that popular as well, and they by far were more exciting fighters. He's doing all right popularity wise, none of the champions really compare to the top draws like Conor and the women's divisions.

Let's be real, the majority of the popularity of the women fighter's are almost entirely based on their looks.
It really shows how desperate the neckbeard MMA fanbase is when they're getting boners over chicks who couldn't even make it onto a Facial Abuse set.

Says the guy who can't afford any ppvs! You were asking for streams!
Clowns gonna be clowns
I never asked for streams dumbass. I asked out of curiosity what the virus threat was because I was surprised so many people do it. It seems like it would make for an easy way to access someone's computer.

If you like we can make an account bet on whether I asked how or where to stream. Granted you are putting up nothing as you are a terrible poster but I'll do it anyway! One less shit poster is one less shit poster after all.

Back