It's amazing how unpopular MM is compared to other fighters and champions.

MM is obviously an awesome fighter, but after watching that video of USADA coming to his house I'm officially a fan. How he handled that was funny as hell and like a boss. I like the guy.

Why you counting out Joanna lol jk but yeah MM deserves a lot more rrespect then he gets I'd say it's because he's not very active media wise outside the cage ( with the exception of today ) but I think he's gonna choke out or maybe even tko cejudo that should help his popularity

Yet he is the most successful champion in the UFC right now (not counting JJ for obvious reasons). Any other champion has more popularity than him, even RDA. Is the FLYW division the reason? Because even with multiple defenses under his belt nobody gives a shit about him. Even BW that isn't a popular division attracts far more attention.
Dude, why does this confound you? BW has Urijah Faber and Dominck Cruz. Even Barao was gaining momentum with casuals after Dana hyped him to the moon and then that hype went to TJ Dillashaw. The biggest name at flyweight aside from Demetrious is Joseph Benavidez and he already beat him twice. It takes two to tango and DJ doesn't have a dance partner that will electrify the masses. Mighty Mouse will have to move up to 135 to get a big fight but until then just deal with the fact that he won't be a huge draw. We don't need a new thread every week about DJ's popularity. It's been done to death. Move the fuck on to another talking point.

He's just too small and looks like a dwarf with that huge head and frame sadly, I don't even mean that as an insult but sometimes its hard to get into a fight with two small ass dudes, and to be fair he doesn't have a division full of names to build off of as he's the first and only Flyweight Champion. His voice is not one of a fighters, he's very nerdy and awkward sometimes and is not attractive to the ladies. Overall its just hard to be a draw at 5 foot 2.

Being a flyweight doesn´t help it´s true.

But it´s possible to be a popular FW. There are popular BW like Dominick, Barão, TJ, Faber.

There are popular women strawweight like Joanna and Claudia Gadelha.

MM needs is a manager that makes him popular, if it is to be a good guy put him to do a good cause that he likes like children or animals defense.

If it is a bad guy put him at least pretending to waste money on cars, clubs, women, making some political incorrect shit, polemic declarations.

Then people will be interested in see him fighting, and then they will see he is a great dominant champion.

How can anyone not find this entertaining?

1377685480dfb9d8a2a03bdf3fff300df1b577900309b3c3358d351ad43afa8b_1.gif
I don't like that at all!! I feel really bad for the little fella. I know it's midgets but that other guy is twice his size.

It looks like a midget version of RDA vs Nam Phan.

I didn´t understand what you mean
I mean like in a way he has done what he is supposed to do. He shows up, on weight and in shape, and dominates. He's not very popular, but no one's going to take him seriously in the long run if he acts out of character. I can respect a guy that is humble, quiet, and advancing the level of the sport

It must be because he is black, and everyone else is racist

Don't use Sherdog to judge his popularity, this is not a place of unbiased intellect .

FACT: If MM was white with blond hair he would be more popular.

They need some new blood for him at the weight. Bring in some oriental fighters from OneFc after he beats the Olympian and let him go for the record that should bring a little interest...if the UFC hypes his countdown to surpassing Anderson I mean. Then they can kill the division and 135 gets a huge infusion of talent.

Mighty Mouse isn't White and MMA fans can't find a legit reason to hate him. Why do you think so many shertards want mm to be a "heel" an excuse for their typical bigotry.

Mighty Mouse isn't White and MMA fans can't find a legit reason to hate him. Why do you think so many shertards want mm to be a "heel" an excuse for their typical bigotry.
True. Anything less than a typical black thug gimmick is considered "bland". If DJ were Chinese and had the same personality and fighting style, he'd be the darling of Sherdog and a true representative of martial arts or some bullshit. Hell, just look at all the people on Holm's clit right now talking about how classy and humble she is. When you're black, they just call you boring.

It will always be very rare for interest at 125 lbs. Same as boxing in the very light weight classes . low money, low interest. Move up.
I dont think they should even have the division.

True. Anything less than a typical black thug gimmick is considered "bland". If DJ were Chinese and had the same personality and fighting style, he'd be the darling of Sherdog and a true representative of martial arts or some bullshit. Hell, just look at all the people on Holm's clit right now talking about how classy and humble she is. When you're black, they just call you boring.

MMA fans make me sick sometimes. Especially hypocrite fucks like Conor fans.

Back