It's amazing how a season of TUF can completely change a fighter's popularity

Nah not much has changed with they way they view them, it's the same people that were already fans of them or haters of them, I don't think much has changed. They are pretty much the same on TUF as they have been in everything else media related with them.

Only difference I can see is with them personally. Volk seems very triggered by Ortega. Volk did get him with the drug cheat line at the presser, but Volk is really out of character compared to his other pre fight vibe. Seems like Ortega triggers him a lot. He may think he doesn't work as hard or something for coming in late, but that could also be Ortega doing it to trigger him, playing mind games. That doesn't mean anything about the work he puts in behind closed doors, or the work that no one else sees. You know who else showed up late to fights? Miyamoto Mushashi.

Seems like Volk is viewing Ortega just as a natural talent and not hard work. Usually that natural talent comes from hard work, work that other people aren't doing that's why it doesn't seem natural to them.

I will agree with you mostly, but you've indicated that you don't like cheaters, and yet you are rooting for Ortega here, and he's got a doping violation. Do you dislike Volk that much?

Actually not rooting for Ortega as much as I'm not much of a fan of Volk. When he started spamming takedowns in the second fight with Holloway once he realized Holloway had adapted to his leg kicks, after his big promises of finished Max, it just seemed a bit cheap. Promising you are going to outstrike your opponent and then resorting to wrestling when you can't may lead to a victory but it isn't really a way to win fans.

And frankly if what everyone says is true and the vast majority of fighters are on something, then in cage behavior may be the only real litmus test

Actually not rooting for Ortega as much as I'm not much of a fan of Volk. When he started spamming takedowns in the second fight with Holloway once he realized Holloway had adapted to his leg kicks, after his big promises of finished Max, it just seemed a bit cheap. Promising you are going to outstrike your opponent and then resorting to wrestling when you can't may lead to a victory but it isn't really a way to win fans.

And frankly if what everyone says is true and the vast majority of fighters are on something, then in cage behavior may be the only real litmus test

I'm also not a Volk fan. I feel like Sherdoggers all want us to be, but that high volume low damage spamming of kicks and punches isn't a style I enjoy. Its the stand up equivalent of wall and stall.

My view on neither really changed due to TuF. I liked things bout both of them as coaches and obv fighters.

I don't tread much beyond that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back