It's amazing how a 5'9 fighter has become the most well known MMA fighter in the world

Never thought this will happen to me but for the last few weeks this guy has been telling everyone and texting me that he is going to kick my ass and destroy me and he isn't afraid of the police.

Backstory is basically that the guy used to be an acquaintance, he cheated with the girl of a good friend of mine, he told me (he is also friends with the guy) and I told my friend since I don't think that kind of shit is okay to do. Ever since he's been threatening me.

I already notified the police and haven't responded to his threats besides laughing at them but if he does attack me I will be forced to defend myself. What are the things you should never do in a street fight you do in the ring? I haven't fought outside the ring since I was 16 which is almost a decade ago

My best weapon is my overhand left and being a southpaw I'm pretty sure I can land it clean on the chin of someone who has limited training experience since being left-handed has always given me an advantage against someone not used to fighting southpaws. I do not want to damage my hand over some petty fight but I'm not comfortable with palm strikes either. Tips on how to completely avoid the fight are welcome too.

TS don't you have better things to worry about than Conor??

I pity the fools who take Conor's trash talk seriously enough that it gets to them.

latest

you talking about 5'7" Conor?

If you think Conor McGregor is the most well known fighter in the world, you don't know anything about MMA.
Whos more well known than Mcgregor? Fedor, Anderson, Jones, GSP are all great, but none are matching Mcgregor for fame

Ain't 5'9 the average American height or something?

A lot of the most famous boxers have been small guys. Mayweather, de la Hoya, pac man, sugar ray, etc

this is the type of stupid shit people say to pretend they know more about the fight game than others. he ko'd the champ dead, he is the champ.

ok, he is the champ

how good of a champ is he?

are all champs the same?

How well known is Tom Cruise? How tall is Tom Cruise?

So many people, the majority, once hated the idea of weightclasses below 155....lol

Americans swear up and down they're 99% of the world's population when they make stupid statements like this. The UFC is just one of many, many companies in the world. You DO know that when they say "campion of the world", they mean the UFC? Not the actual world.

"Hasn't achieved that much in the sport."

He's literally the champion of the world.

Beat it, nerd.
He is champion but take it easy shaub, so was rockhold,holly, meisha, ect until that first defense and Conor lost his only fight since achieving the belt therefore hasn't achieved much other than a fat bank account.

He is champion but take it easy shaub, so was rockhold,holly, meisha, ect until that first defense and Conor lost his only fight since achieving the belt therefore hasn't achieved much other than a fat bank account.
Yeah, I don't really care. You can't say someone hasn't achieved much in the sport when they are literally the world champion of their sport.

Americans swear up and down they're 99% of the world's population when they make stupid statements like this. The UFC is just one of many, many companies in the world. You DO know that when they say "campion of the world", they mean the UFC? Not the actual world.
Right, but UFC stands as the biggest mma org therefore the most valued belts.

Yeah, I don't really care. You can't say someone hasn't achieved much in the sport when they are literally the world champion of their sport.
He achieved just that, a brutal knockout of aldo and got the belt. No different then say Woodley though.

the only person in the world who thinks size matters in terms of charisma and marketability is Vince McMahon

Back