It's a shame we never got to see Jones vs Rumble

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
One of the biggest losses in MMA match up history.

Ita very likely that Jones would have just taken Rumble down and submitted him.

But you never know maybe Rumble gets lucky and send Jones into the shadow realm.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edit: We kind of got Jones vs Rumble
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Rumble is amazing at cutting range and was the only guy to beat DC in the pocket.
Volkan got butchered in the pocket in the first round and he's also a blitz fighter

Would've been an awesome style match up but Jones probably would've taken him down after a sketchy first round.

Yeah but theres that HUGE what if, if Rumble clipped him. Especially with Rumbles power vs everyone else's. Jones IS very hittable lately.
I wouldnt even want it right now, I'd want Rumble to get atleast 1 fight under his belt, shake off the rust.

Jones Vs Rumble.......AT HEAVYWEIGHT

<NightKingBringIt>

You're welcome Sean Shelby

Why???? He wasn’t good enough. He’s extremely overrated because of his KO power and physique to go with

just posting here to see jones haters overun this thread and claim rumble would ktf him out if the fight happend

Why???? He wasn’t good enough. He’s extremely overrated because of his KO power and physique to go with
Calling Rumble overrated <36>

That man sent basically all the division to the shadow realm, except for Cormier and Jones.

Rumble is amazing at cutting range and was the only guy to beat DC in the pocket.
Volkan got butchered in the pocket in the first round and he's also a blitz fighter

Would've been an awesome style match up but Jones probably would've taken him down after a sketchy first round.
Yep. He's also one of the few JJ gave respect to: when he agreed with Rumble that he was pillow fisted its because he wanted none of that.

At the time, it was a shame they didn't fight. But now, with hindsight...I dunno. Jones by UD or late round finish.

I agree it would have been super exciting but you have to figure Jones by RNC

That is what was intriguing about the fight. Rumble had the kind of power that could change any fight with just one punch. No other fighter posed a similar threat to Jones.

Haven’t you seen what rumble does when he has any type of adversity?
Literally rolls over and wait for a rnc.
He just gives it to you

Yeah but theres that HUGE what if, if Rumble clipped him. Especially with Rumbles power vs everyone else's. Jones IS very hittable lately.
I wouldnt even want it right now, I'd want Rumble to get atleast 1 fight under his belt, shake off the rust.
Jones chin is unbreakable

Calling Rumble overrated <36>

That man sent basically all the division to the shadow realm, except for Cormier and Jones.

Including the Bellator champ-champ in Ryan Bader. He obliterates every LHW ever except for those two.

Very likely Jones wins by RNC, but would've been a fun fight anyway

Rumble is the only fighter at light heavyweight I’d give a good chance of knocking jones out.

it’s annoying as heck the fight fell through when it was originally meant to happen.

Back