It's a shame the good never gets acknowledged

Kowboy Karl

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/couples-viral-divorceselfie-shows-us-how-to-128117027862.html

Yee haw

These people are celebrating failure.

Where's the front page article about the couples who stick it out and keep the family together? The ones who keep their vows?

Seems like the only families that get celebrated these days are the non traditional gay ones and stuff.

Whatever happened to a man and a woman creating a family from their own fruit seed labor etc and the world tipping the hat for the success?

Once cheating and divorce became more acceptable everyone started doing it because its the easier and more fun option in most cases.

People should really sit back and think before they jump into committing to another person and starting a family. If it's not for you then don't do it, but don't start something you don't plan on finishing.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/couples-viral-divorceselfie-shows-us-how-to-128117027862.html

Yee haw

Where's the front page article about the couples who stick it out and keep the family together? The ones who keep their vows?

Seems like the only families that get celebrated these days are the non traditional gay ones and stuff.

Whatever happened to a man and a woman creating a family from their own fruit seed labor etc and the world tipping the hat for the success?

That stuff is too hard, too average and doesn't seem to be considered cool.

If you're not sleeping with dozens of people before or during your marriage you're apparently missing out.

Makes no sense at all.

I can tell you about my successful 8 year and counting marriage and healthy son who just started walking, but you probably don't care because A. the point of this thread isn't really to talk about completely normal relationships (which is why they don't get talked about...there are a lot of them) it's to bash coverage of alternative relationships, and B. God has nothing to with it as we're both atheists.

Once cheating and divorce became more acceptable everyone started doing it because its the easier and more fun option in most cases.

People should really sit back and think before they jump into committing to another person and starting a family. If it's not for you then don't do it, but don't start something you don't plan on finishing.

I've been with my GF for like 8 years and we have zero intent for marriage or kids.

You should acknowledge accomplishments that last for all mankind, a few battles won here and there does not win the overall war in the war room. :icon_chee

IT's tough for a lot of parents to put their kids first when ending things.

My parents still managed to get together for birthdays and Christmas and stuff like that. We were never put in the situation where we had one of each at each different parents house. My dad would come up to my moms and we would all do Christmas together. They were still cordial and would even exchange gifts.

The idea was to not make it difficult for the kids. They didn't bash each other to us either.

From what I have seen as an adult the way we did things after my parents split when I was 5 was very rare.

Good for them. People change and probably shouldn't be together forever. I only wish my divorce goes as smoothly as this one.

U.S.+life+expectancy+since+1920.gif

What the fuck is wrong with those people? They need to find a way to satisfy their selfish need for happiness in a way that everyone in the world agrees with.

I don't see why the end of a relationship is considered a failure. It's just a thing you did until it was done. Is the end of a job a failure? Is the end of a hike a failure? You went on an adventure, and then you went somewhere else. High five.

What the fuck is wrong with those people? They need to find a way to satisfy their selfish need for happiness in a way that everyone in the world agrees with.

Maybe they wanna be a good example for their kids and show them it's not the end of the world? As opposed to flaunting their failure infront of their kids. (No judgement intended).

Didn't read the article so I'm guessing here.

Don't the Irish celebrate and drink when someone dies?

Yee haw

Not a failure. A relationship is supposed to make the people involved happy. If they are not happy, then the only successful outcome is a divorce. And its awesome that they took it so well.

Back