It's a good thing my wife is voting for Trump.

How's conversation? Honest question. I mean no offense by it and I couldn't marry a girl that couldn't at least somewhat challenge me intellectually.
There is no woman that could intellectually challenge @Rex Kwon Do. Nor any man, but he doesn't swing that way.

My wife and I are both liberal. We agree on most things actually. I rarely discuss politics with her though

Holy crap, this is one of the douchiest posts I've ever read on here. Damn.
More douchey than pointing out that your wife's contribution is doing laundry? I don't think so, but I'm cool with people not liking that post.

My wife hates lefties (including feminists) more than I do.

More douchey than pointing out that your wife's contribution is doing laundry? I don't think so, but I'm cool with people not liking that post.
My wife and I have a good marriage. She brings a lot to the family and I can't imagine life without her.

She's the one who jokingly threatens not to do our laundry. It cracks me up.

How's conversation? Honest question. I mean no offense by it and I couldn't marry a girl that couldn't at least somewhat challenge me intellectually.

Excellent. She's the most intelligent and downright funny female I've ever met, hands down. She has the Russian equivalent of a master's degree and reads a lot (good literature, not romance novels). She's the only girl I've ever been with that I talk with about Dostoyevsky, if you know what I mean. It's important not to mistake the Russian cultural preference for old-fashioned gender roles as stupidity or anti-intellectualism.

Your post was waaaaaaaay more douchey than his, both in content and in tone. You told him his marriage was lame and then boasted about your wife's degrees and her business. You couldn't have come off as more of a smug, elitist prick even if you tried.

Not married but I don't think I could ever fall in love with a conservative chick. I mean who wants to be around an idiot for the rest of their life? I certainly don't...
Most conservative women like men.... So, no worries...

There is no woman that could intellectually challenge @Rex Kwon Do. Nor any man, but he doesn't swing that way.

giphy.gif

What's your lady's views on abortion, rip? Women tend to be more tolerant of it than men, even when they oppose it.

Your post was waaaaaaaay more douchey than his, both in content and in tone. You told him his marriage was lame and then boasted about your wife's degrees and her business. You couldn't have come off as more of a smug, elitist prick even if you tried.
That's cool, I don't have to be nice all the time. My view of what a women can bring to a family is far more progressive and superior to the old school house wife bullshit. Besides, Rip and I are cool. He clarified in a subsequent post and I'm glad he's happy.

Excellent. She's the most intelligent and downright funny female I've ever met, hands down. She has the Russian equivalent of a master's degree and reads a lot (good literature, not romance novels). She's the only girl I've ever been with that I talk with about Dostoyevsky, if you know what I mean. It's important not to mistake the Russian cultural preference for old-fashioned gender roles as stupidity or anti-intellectualism.
Not mistaking anything. I'm indian myself, so I certainly understand old fashioned gender roles. I was just wondering how convo with her was is all. What you described to me comes of as trophy wifeish or a typical mail order bride (not saying you are) and thats why I asked for clarification on how convo is.

My wife is finishing her PhD in chemistry, but when we started dating she was a fuck around, so its not like I think a degree dictates intelligence. She could be a stay at home mom in the future if she really wanted to as I don't believe a job or necessarily a degree validates your intelligence (though it certainly helps).

Hillary most likely. I also live in Texas so my vote doesn't mean much.

What about Hillary's cognitive issues? Can you trust a President who may have had a stroke, may have autism or may have syphilis (contracted from her sex fiend husband) or all three?

That's cool, I don't have to be nice all the time. My view of what a women can bring to a family is far more progressive and superior to the old school house wife bullshit. Besides, Rip and I are cool. He clarified in a subsequent post and I'm glad he's happy.
the post came off as douchey (possibly unintentionally) but as you say, rips cool with it, so other people should chill.

the post came off as douchey (possibly unintentionally) but as you say, rips cool with it, so other people should chill.
I didn't mean it to be but I really don't care.

Let's say a poster really believed that the best a wife can bring to the table is doing house work (Rip clarified, so this isn't directed at him). I will absolutely be douchey about that outdated and inferior position of the "good ole days". Unless someone can argue that way of life is superior to having educated women contributing to society in the same ways men do, I am fine with being a douche about it. Sexism, racism, xenophobia, etc. are all worth being ridiculed.

Canada here checking in

I hate Trump obviously and rooting against him. Not that Hilary is any better just she's not worse. Lesser of 2 evils

Anyway here in Canada I hate Harper and voted NDP. She tried to hide the fact that she voted for Harper

I couldn't believe it lol, I don't care if she votes badly I can't believe she tried to hide it though as if I would divorce her or something.

Political issues shouldn't effect relationships, seriously or you're in a sham relationship.

giphy.gif

What's your lady's views on abortion, rip? Women tend to be more tolerant of it than men, even when they oppose it.
She is also against abortion. We donate to a pregnancy care center. She's the one that really got that rolling.

Back