ITF TaeKwonDo World Champion kicking some Muay Thai ass

hybrid styles like this are great
Hybrids does have plenty of advantages.
MMA....
Almost all guys are with decent training in at least 2 grappling arts, not rarerly 2+ striking arts too.
K-1 too had plenty of hybrids and still does have plenty of hybrids at least in Europe.

maybe you have not heard of serkan yilmaz. TKD based fighter, but worth mentioning hes not fighting TKD, hes fighting a mix of KB and TKD, much more heavy on the TKD side. I think hybrid styles like this are great but I would prefer leaning more towards MT with TKD still combined.

Serkan had a losing record in K1.

I'd be worried if I had boxing footwork that wasn't good like yours. TBT, I'm working on this @ home and I'm really struggling with it.

Judo practice, what we are doing, we don't really formally address footwork. But I'm not saying Judo doesn't have it.

Anyhow, I like all your content... suurry differing viewpoint tipples you over like a judo throw.<Fedor23>
So... Whats your age?

Taekwondo guy with good hands is a dangerous dude. Raymond Daniels for example. So yeah, Taekwondo is awesome if you learn to punch well.

Kinda strange that you wont answer a simple question. But no big deal
Well, the important thing is that we can circle the Aikido issue back to your recent bag work post..

The whole striking style choice boils down to select an approach that delivers results. Which that (your) video provides. I will be viewing again, and probably again.

TKD I see as valuable for striking; I don't think people are getting it straight. I just can't warm up to it for many of the same reasons MMA (for argument's sake) faults it. At the same time, why take TKD, learn TKD punching, then say that's no good and do boxing. I mean the kicks work, if you wanna be plain about it.

The boxing footwork I really see value in that. It's just I don't think it's my style. I like the karate stance better, for one because its' simpler and boxing footwork there's really a lot to even the basic skills and people don't often see that either.

Back