Italian doctors commit suicide due to COVID stress, some choose who to live and who not

Got lots of family there. They followed all the rules. They still got decimated. Italy was so poorly equipped for Covid

October is not the summer. You do know there’s a lag? You do also know that when the positivity rate gets to a certain point it’s a runaway?
July is the summer, and the one from Italy over a month ago was an OUTDOOR mask mandate. They've required masks indoors since March, and didn't have an outbreak when they mandated them outdoors as well.

I'm from Italy, Lombardia while at it, this thread is bit full of shit already lol

This summer was the closest to "freedom" we got, but -softer- rules on mask and distances were still there (even if ignored by some/many at least in open areas)
They gone full retard at handle it effectively, like example let clubs open expecting "distancing" to be a thing

Currently we are in a "soft lockdown" situation based of regions level of infection
Essentially, it's all a pulling game between health and economy, where possible they try to avoid a full lockdown that the nation may not withstand

As today my week is smart working 70/80%, mask and distance when we are in the office
To go outside home you have to do a paper that say why and where you are going, wich does'nt include go to meet people, go to bars/restaurants, gyms etc
You can't left city, let alone region
We have curfew from 22:00 to 5:00
Essentially you can go work, buy -some- stuff, do a walk/jogging, all with distances and mask
I can see my parents rarely (and anyway try to do it less as possible till is over) and even that in theory is'nt allowed
I don't fuck side-girl since february
I'm lucky i'm not single, single friends are getting mad lol

I'm as far as you can get from current government, wich is basically a puppet EU-sponsored coalition that would easily lose elections against rightwing if given the chance
BUT
They are not handling THAT bad for italian standards, the effort is visible
The result is mediocre but the effort is visible
Must add we got a very old demographic, high density population and as general thing an instinct to fuck the rules no matter what

True infection stop would require another hard lockdown, but that would kill economy
I guess they dreamed about an almost open xmas to get dat economy boost, but are half giving up on that too
Essentially the game as we speak seem try to just "slow down" the infection keeping economy weak but alive, waiting the vaccine

That's a sweeping statement.
Not all. This was when the pandemic started:

- but indeed some countries would be doomed if they would experience what others are experiecing (Belgium for example), and from the top Romania is also near to lose even the extra-spots (some acquired even recently)
- in Spain so many died because of no places in the ICU; we know those intubated majority of them are dead :( but some need only oxygen, because many are reaching the ICU; it is also explainable why many died in the Netherlands, that group immunity was really not entirely true
- I believe if these rankings are accurate, Poland now will have big problems, besides any country with a large number of cases
- and the British healthcare system is overrated, way worse than what they claim, plus the UK is a huge country

EUHh4GhWAAYeB2k

Last edited:
Not all. This was when the pandemic started:

- but indeed some countries would be doomed if they would experience what others are experiecing (Belgium for example), and from the top Romania is also near to lose even the extra-spots
- in Spain so many died because of no places in the ICU; we know those intubated majority of them are dead :( but some need only oxygen, because many are reaching the ICU; it is also explainable why many died in the Netherlands, that group immunity was really not entirely true
- I believe if these rankings are accurate, Poland now will have big problems, besides any country with a large number of cases
- and the British healthcare system is overrated, way worse than what they claim, plus the UK is a huge country

EUHh4GhWAAYeB2k
That's lower than I expected, and explains a lot.

They could just quit their job? I mean, it sucks, but if you can't handle it, try to switch careers or something? Sure a doctor would have some spare cash laying around.

Back