It will cost you $2039.64 to watch every UFC fight this upcoming year.

Im a geek. I've been doing this internet thing since 94. I burned CD's for money in HS. It'll cost me shit and nothing and I'll watch every single one from start to finish while missing the shit out of Mike Goldberg.

$2000 for 2000 fights so you are paying a buck or less a fight
There is not even close to 2000 fights a year. At the very highest estimate, lets say there is a card every week, that's 52 cards per year, and each card has 13 fights. 52x13 = 676 fights per year, and that is at the very highest estimate, in reality there will be less cards/fights than even that.

Oh god remember the dana line " just get 5 friends over and each pitch in 20$. There os your problem solved to not paying expensive price."

Ughhh maybe some of us like to watch fights alone? Most of my friends outside of 2, are the same types you will find at a bar. Very annoying on fight night.

I know... I'm fortunate.

Was a dick move on UFC"s part

They took the FS1 cable cards and move them to a streaming service (trying to attract cord cutters) but you still need cable for 10 ESPN main card events + prelims for PPV/espn+ cards..... (whats the point of creating a cord cutting option/moving cable cards to online and then still requiring cable for a good amount of content ?)

There basically double dipping now

They made the decision because ESPN offered $1.5b guaranteed.
They are not creating anything or trying to make streaming their focus.
They are going with the best financial offer(s).

WME see's UFC as content & ESPN paid a lot for that content.
They are not making MMA decisions, but they are making decision to get record rev/profits.

Fans have every right to bitch & not buy into it though, so they are

Thank fuck I live in the UK and have BT Sport.

Half the ppvs this year were better than affliction you nostalgic old fuck.

WOW young people today are some of the dumbest fucking idiots of all time. With all of today's modern technology like using the internet as an encyclopedia and you post that? CLUELESS!!!

You can get this in the US?

You can get no matter what country you live. All you need is an internet connection and an Amazon Firestick.

Won't cost me $1, I don't watch the ufc anymore.

If they averaged 350000 buys across the board that $713,874,000.

I’d say maybe 5 percent of sherdog posters actually pay for the ppvs..

You could watch them for free in 4K or near perfect quality, which is what the vast majority of posters on here do lol. $70 bucks per Ppv is absolutely nuts and I don’t blame people for not paying that
It would be one thing if the face of the UFC is trying to legitimize the sport and not trash the fans, and fighters. But since he doesn't do that, it is even easier for those fans to watch the fights without giving the UFC any money. I also wish we could just set up a site for every fighter, and then we the fans can donate money to them instead of having to pay the UFC for them to give the fighter a very very small percentage. I'm sure the fighters would love this but maybe not so much the UFC.

I remember the early days of $14.99 through Cox Cable in the 90's. I would have like 4 or 5 people over. And they would leave without chipping in. And then next week during training I would cup check them in sparring and if they went down I would say something like, "I would have thought with the $$$ you saved this weekend not paying for the event you could have bought a cup".

Because we were dicks like that to each other.

Well...maybe it was just me.

Wait. Maybe they always stiffed me because I was a dick.

Holy shit my life makes perfect sense now.

Cost more to go out and watch a show for 4 hours while buying food and drink
$20 and you not only get the PPV, but a whole meal. I look forward to it every month.

from reddit.

It will cost you $959.64 for ESPN+,Fight Pass & PPV's, also estimate of $90.00 a month for a cable package for all the ESPN's.
No wonder why PPV is dying and everyone is streaming. What a mess!

Damn, you can buy a wife for that price,.... At least for a week, if you throw in some food stamps!!

Who the hell still pays for media?

I've not paid for a song, movie or PPV(besides boxing) in 15 years

Not sure if srsly

<{fry}>

Sit tight, Dana is being dispatched to your house... or basement rather.

source.gif

Back