It was foul of DP to bring up Conor not donating

I couldn't find Dustin's Foundation on Charity Navigator (The Good Fight), the tax return is also not on the charity's website. I'm not saying what Dustin is doing is illegitimate, but some of things people look for in a charity are missing. One of those things is transparency in how the funds are used. Dustin has himself and three directors in the organization and none of them though financial transparency was important enough to put on the website. I don't know to think they don't know any better or are deliberately hiding the information, either way it doesn't look above board.

TS isn't wrong. Dustin found his Twitter handle to tweet about it publicly, which means he could've found his handle to DM him privately first too.

If Conor ignored THAT good faith attempt, then by all means bring it public.
Well he did, so you're in agreement then. They were communicating and then went silent. Efforts have been made.

Conor has never been a stand up guy and has always been a bit of a douche/opportunist/weasel type of persona. Nothing shocking here.

Dustin's mistake was taking Conor's "word". You take the word of stand up guys only, and even then at your own risk. Taking Conor's "word" is like making a stand up deal with a con artist, more or less.

I do agree with @FIghtxIQ that Dustin can capitalize on the situation by putting out this information to the public and if Conor doesn't honour his side of the deal immediately, starting a gofundme calling out Conor's reneging on the deal and the need to raise 500k. Let the public step in and Conor takes a HUGE L, pr wise.

So although Conor should have conducted business in an honourable fashion, doing due diligence before making deals, and sticking to his word, we can't expect him to act honourably. I honestly thought Dustin had something signed with him but I'm flabbergasted that he thought he could trust this guy on his word. Amateur mistake - he's new to charities.

Dustin CAN still capitalize off this if he plays his cards right. Plan, Conor, Gofundme.

here's what I don't get. Obviously one party is lying. The one telling the truth could easily release proof!
They could be both telling their half of the truth. Dustin obv provided something to Conor, or else inquired what exactly he'd like to see, what format, etc.. And Conor or his team could EASILY have simply said "not good enough" and not responded.

Conor's team has not claimed they responded so it appears all parties agree Conor went silent. A douchebag move by any standard in a situation like this. MAYBE the why is they didn't like the plans (although it's more likely they simply didn't want to pay the man who KO'd Conor).

The only lie we're 100% sure occurred was the public one where Conor pledged the money he wasn't REALLY pledging. Now he's claiming he never agreed, he only agreed to do due diligence. But we all saw him agree and we didn't see any claims of due diligence - just claims of support.

No he absolutely should let the world know conors gesture was fake .....conor gained a lot of fans claiming hes matured into a new man ....conor announced publicly to gain fans and attention - so he deserves to be publicly shamed

Yeah I agree. It is disgusting from Conor to use it as marketing over and over then no follow thru. Don't say it in the first place if you don't intend to follow thru.

Maybe because there’s a third fight on the horizon..? Jesus Christ dude is in camp and got KNOCKED OUT by you. He should’ve waited until after the trilogy to bring this up.
Lol there are no rules in war

Maybe because there’s a third fight on the horizon..? Jesus Christ dude is in camp and got KNOCKED OUT by you. He should’ve waited until after the trilogy to bring this up.

Conor brought it up before the second fight, here's a really kind gesture towards your charity.

Ohhhh Conor's so great.

Then Dustin says he didn't pay and your reaction is why Dustin?

McGregor is a shitbag. Good on Dustin for making sure everyone remembers Conor is trash

You sound like a great guy... as if dustin charity is is scaming or taking the money for himself stop with this bullshitt excuse.
No one knows the inner working of his charity. And I think Dustin is a good guy. But transparency is a good thing. Charities get caught red handed all the time. I'm a decent guy. Not great. Also, I know it's Dustin's charity. But what are the odds he's the one sending out these emails? Not likely. So miscommunication could have occurred here. So if that is this case, he could have possibly jeopardized a huge donation. Shit talking on social media sells fights. It doesn't get you donations for kids charities.

No one knows the inner working of his charity. And I think Dustin is a good guy. But transparency is a good thing. Charities get caught red handed all the time. I'm a decent guy. Not great. Also, I know it's Dustin's charity. But what are the odds he's the one sending out these emails? Not likely. So miscommunication could have occurred here. So if that is this case, he could have possibly jeopardized a huge donation. Shit talking on social media sells fights. It doesn't get you donations for kids charities.
When dealing with Conor, who can't beat you in the octagon, the only way you'll get his charity money is fi you sign him to a contract or if he satisfies himself playing ringmaster and making you jump through hoops so he can have SOME kind of dominance over you before you kill him again.

Good on Dustin for not playing his game and just outing his slick talking ass. Conor will never live this down. Karma's a bitch and time is a snitch.

This doesn't make any sense though. If you were Conor would you be ok looking like a welching bitch and go along with it to promote a fight?

Do you honestly think Conor cares what anybody thinks? The dude cares about his family and his money, thats it.

That’s something they should’ve discussed behind closed doors and not on social media I’m sure other corporations are looking at Dustin with a side eye for that.

It's foul to say you're going to donate money but don't.

It's really foul that people are making Dustin out to be the bad guy here. Then again we live in the era where everything is opposite.... Bizarro world.

I'll play devils advocate here, remember Paige said she would cut her locks for cancer. Seems like people still loved her after the fact maybe even more. This all could be marketing on both parties parts for all we know.

Are you high?
Paige got a lot of hate and still gets to this day,
even though she later donated money instead of cutting her hair.

Are you high?
Paige got a lot of hate and still gets to this day,
even though she later donated money instead of cutting her hair.

You gotta be a fuckin moron to think that her career didn't start to blossom after she made those comments. Then again you're a boomer living at home with mom n dad still waiting for them to croak so you can get the house.

You gotta be a fuckin moron to think that her career didn't start to blossom after she made those comments. Then again you're a boomer living at home with mom n dad still waiting for them to croak so you can get the house.

Oh look at you trying to look all tough on the internet.
Do you always make things up about others to try and make your self feel better?

Well bye you waste of space.

Not really, business pull out of deals like this all the time when they see something they don't like or are not getting the information they want. We are talking about money here, not just fighting and social media. People have to separate this and view it as a business deal and not some fight perspective. Both sides are saying different things. Conor is asking for a detailed list for every dollar that is going to be spent for the 500k donation. Dustin is saying he's reaching out with no response. We'll see how it plays out. If Dustin can publicly reveal that Conor didn't donate, and he's not responding to emails. Then publicly put out what your foundation/charity is going to spend the 500k on. That easily ends the argument in Dustin's favor. Could also get more people willing to donate if Conor doesn't do it.
He could have gotten a lawyer to draft up an agreement, donor restricted gifts and non-profit accounting are real things

I'll play devils advocate here, remember Paige said she would cut her locks for cancer. Seems like people still loved her after the fact maybe even more. This all could be marketing on both parties parts for all we know.

She got a ton of hate for that and people still bring it up to this day.

That’s something they should’ve discussed behind closed doors and not on social media I’m sure other corporations are looking at Dustin with a side eye for that.

Conor made his intention to donate public.

Hence it only makes sense that his refusal to donate should also be made public.

Except this is McGregor's usual behavior to proclaim something before he does anything concrete about it. It's not down to just marketing. And he's usually thin-skinned like that too.

Back