It sucks but Conor-Cerrone got watched by more people than Khabib-Gaethje by all metrics.

Khabib is the biggest star in the UFC.
That's why Khabib doesn't have to fight at Primetime in the US and Conrat does.
Conrat is a slave of the UFC who can't get numbers outside primetime worldwide.
Do what you are told boy.

Tyson really blew up after he stopped being the KO machine and started acting like a crazy person. Personality matters far more when selling a fight

That's not true, he was huge from the get go.

you dumbasses do realize the ppv system doesnt really exist outside of the us right? The vast majority of countries has subscriptions

The UFC did arguably target this fight more at the market in Muslim countries as well with the choice of venue/time.

Khabib is the biggest star in the UFC.
That's why Khabib doesn't have to fight at Primetime in the US and Conrat does.
Conrat is a slave of the UFC who can't get numbers outside primetime worldwide.
Do what you are told boy.

The UFC did arguably target this fight more at the market in Muslim countries as well with the choice of venue/time.

yes and no. money earned in Russia and Muslim world is shit compared to PPV. There is a reason every one wants to become streaming service. Most countries outside Russia and Muslim countries that buy Khabib also buy Conor and it is also for smaller hardcore crowd. Lets say as example anyone in Croatia outside Stipe isnt a big star. Rakic for Sebria.....

Honestly i dont see Russia paying more then 10milion $ for streaming Khabibs fight. Many other Muslim countries are poorer and i dont see them paying more then couple of mils. Probably most money from Khabib fight is earned from Arabs paying to be hosts to politically position themselves as center of Muslim world.

Keep in mid that Champions league from start to finish for a country of 4,5mil ppl costs 1mil $. WorldCup is little more expensive but in a same price range. Dont think Russia pays more then 30 for same championship and it the #1 sport on the planet.

yes and no. money earned in Russia and Muslim world is shit compared to PPV. There is a reason every one wants to become streaming service. Most countries outside Russia and Muslim countries that buy Khabib also buy Conor and it is also for smaller hardcore crowd. Lets say as example anyone in Croatia outside Stipe isnt a big star. Rakic for Sebria.....

Honestly i dont see Russia paying more then 10milion $ for streaming Khabibs fight. Many other Muslim countries are poorer and i dont see them paying more then couple of mils. Probably most money from Khabib fight is earned from Arabs paying to be hosts to politically position themselves as center of Muslim world.

Keep in mid that Champions league from start to finish for a country of 4,5mil ppl costs 1mil $. WorldCup is little more expensive but in a same price range. Dont think Russia pays more then 30 for same championship and it the #1 sport on the planet.
1 million dollar for a champions league season? You're crazy wrong. Sweden with 9m people pay 100m dollar for one season. Not 1.

Champions League is so profitable that all teams participating gets somewhere around 16 to 90 million dollars each depending on how far they go. Then factor in paying audience, sponsorships. Compare that to a UFC fighter salary.

Last edited:
1 million dollar for a champions league season? You're crazy wrong. Sweden with 9m people pay 100m dollar for one season. Not 1.

Champions League is so profitable that all teams participating gets somewhere around 10 to 30 million dollars each depending on how far they go. Then factor in paying audience, sponsorships. Compare that to a UFC fighter salary.

Talking more about Eastern Europe countries. 6 years ago chief of sports program of public Croatian TV told that cost of champions league costs around 1mil €. There is no way you would recoup more the 25mil € in south east Europe.

On 4mil ppl around 200k are watching and subscription is around 8$. And i am talking whole Sport chanel package. I heard CBS for USA paid 150mil. Dont know maybe i am way off. I know if Khabib earn 30mil UFC has to earn much more, but i dont see those countries paying that sum, except Arabs.

Who cares? Conor fans aren’t MMA fans. It makes perfect sense that they wouldn’t watch anything without him in it. These are people who still call MMA “UFC”. They just want to be drip-fed Conor semen all day while they watch reruns.

Back